BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Doncaster Rovers 24th March

arbitro

Just now, Mattyblue said:

It will be a Rovers feck up.

No other reason that their local rivals Rotherham and a team also going for promotion/title in Wigan have been given allocations of 3600-3800 and we have been given 2,900.

I don't believe that to be the case on this occasion Matty. Their only feck up could be not being firm enough in demanding more tickets for both fixtures.

I know for a fact that The Met have stopped Charlton issuing us more tickets and possibly South Yorkshire Police too given their track record!

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, darrenrover said:

I don't believe that to be the case on this occasion Matty. Their only feck up could be not being firm enough in demanding more tickets for both fixtures.

I know for a fact that The Met have stopped Charlton issuing us more tickets and possibly South Yorkshire Police too given their track record!

I do, they should have been straight on to Doncaster Friday morning as there was always going to be additional demand on this game.

Why would SYP be happy for their local rivals Rotherham to be given 3,800 but have some issue with us even having 3k?

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I do, they should have been straight on to Doncaster Friday morning as there was always going to be additional demand on this game.

Why would SYP be happy for their local rivals Rotherham to be given 3,800 but have some issue with us even having 3k?

Perhaps because we're red rose and they're white?

Just saying.......

Where there's a will there's a way. If Doncaster want to sell us more tickets, and I see no reason in their position why they wouldn't, and Rovers are keen for as many of their fans to go as possible, then the additional 1500 away seats would be provided. 

Rovers being the club that happily encourage 5000-7000 away supporters on a regular basis. 

I suspect Rovers have mucked up here by only taking a lesser allocation not expecting to need 4,000 and given the limited time between now and Tuesday the police and Doncaster are reluctant to suddenly start changing their 'plans' to accommodate another 1,000 or so. 

Pathetic as no way if Sheffield clubs, Leeds, NE Clubs etc were going for promotion they would settle for less than 3,000 away tickets. 

It would serve them right if a few hundred turn up without tickets.

If this is down to our administration side of things then heads should roll, once is bad enough, but twice in the and week is incompetence.  

At this stage so close to the game, the police will have authorised overtime to police 2,900. It will be too late to get additional staff so they will have said no. If Rovers have asked for full allocation originally the police could have arranged adequate cover but if we only sold 2,500 who would be liable for the cost of the overstaffing?

3 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

At this stage so close to the game, the police will have authorised overtime to police 2,900. It will be too late to get additional staff so they will have said no. If Rovers have asked for full allocation originally the police could have arranged adequate cover but if we only sold 2,500 who would be liable for the cost of the overstaffing?

With an average away attendance of over 2200 this season, its a massive error in judgement for the club to only ask for the minimum away allocation for the final 2 games, if that's the reason. 

6 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

You are probably right, but how do we offer, for example, Oldham the chance to buy tickets on the day. Neither Rover or plod would have any idea of how many extra they would bring. We do it in the Championship as well with teams with larger followings.

Just now, Gav said:

With an average away attendance of over 2200 this season, its a massive error in judgement for the club to only ask for the minimum away allocation for the final 2 games, if that's the reason. 

Doncaster had been on sale for a while and we've only just sold them, there was hardly a rush until a couple of days ago and now there is something it become a stampede. There was plenty of time to buy tickets before hand.

Charlton is different. It was always a possibility that it was going to be a promotion party so the maximum allocation should have been taken.

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

You are probably right, but how do we offer, for example, Oldham the chance to buy tickets on the day. Neither Rover or plod would have any idea of how many extra they would bring. We do it in the Championship as well with teams with larger followings.

But at Oldham earlier this season, the police prevented on the day sales even though at every other Oldham home game they sold them. The odd thing is that Rovers have a near zero police attendance at most games at Ewood this season. We have capacity to accomaodate more than double the away fans than we've had this season so maybe that is the reason.

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

But at Oldham earlier this season, the police prevented on the day sales even though at every other Oldham home game they sold them. The odd thing is that Rovers have a near zero police attendance at most games at Ewood this season. We have capacity to accomaodate more than double the away fans than we've had this season so maybe that is the reason.

Maybe. Regardless it's frustrating that having missed out on Anfield in 95 and Dumpdale in 2001, I'm missing Doncaster '18. Only this time there will be 1000 empty seats in the ground which are provisionally there for away supporters. 

1 minute ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Doncaster had been on sale for a while and we've only just sold them, there was hardly a rush until a couple of days ago and now there is something it become a stampede. There was plenty of time to buy tickets before hand.

Charlton is different. It was always a possibility that it was going to be a promotion party so the maximum allocation should have been taken.

With respect Doncaster has now turned into the biggest game of the season, biggest game in years. Plenty of fans have been calling this for months and just because we asked for a smaller allocation for the original fixture, doesn't mean we should be denied now as demand has increased.

Just now, Hasta said:

Maybe. Regardless it's frustrating that having missed out on Anfield in 95 and Dumpdale in 2001, I'm missing Doncaster '18. Only this time there will be 1000 empty seats in the ground which are provisionally there for away supporters. 

I'd go anyway, be very surprised if you don't get in. 

Just now, Hasta said:

Totally agree that is frustrating and it increase the likely hood that Rovers fans will be in the home end.

Maybe in the future there is one section for pay on the day with a maximum that has to be policed.

Just now, Gav said:

With respect Doncaster has now turned into the biggest game of the season, biggest game in years. Plenty of fans have been calling this for months and just because we asked for a smaller allocation for the original fixture, doesn't mean we should be denied now as demand has increased.

If fans has been calling for months why did it take a while to sell whilst Charlton took a few days?

1 minute ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

If fans has been calling for months why did it take a while to sell whilst Charlton took a few days?

Hard to explain, maybe the midweek factor, but you can't deny it's the biggest game of the season, and to restrict the away allocation is criminal. 

I cannot go cos on backshift , thus allowing me to go to Charlton ...

Shrewsburys  last two results have been quite surprising , thought they would win yesterday !

I suspect , many fans thought likewise and Charlton was the favourite , where promotion could happen ...

^^Not really.

Most guessed Charlton would be the day we would most likely be promoted and to shell out for 2 away days in a week is a big expenditure for most. It's only Shrewsbury's implosion in the past week that has understandably created the demand for tickets for Doncaster.

Hopefully common sense will prevail and tickets will be made available on the gate.

Archived