BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wimbledon v Rovers

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

It’s really coming down now. Can’t see this one going ahead. Even if the pitch isn’t frozen, transport will be all over the place. Need to be sensible about it.

If the covers are down, it really just depends on how much snow falls before and during the game. 

Just as likely to be called off as not by the sounds of it. Wimbledon are taking a gamble here. 

• Backroom

I'm in London on Thursday on trains so using this thread as a barometer, seems the capital is getting a bit of snow - let's see how the trains deal! 

New member to the 'board here, & relatively new to Blackburn Rovers fandom; I'm an Texan, with a heart for Blackburn Rovers, since 2013.

I can understand not playing this one right now. What with sickness, the pitch, travel, etc., re-scheduling seems to be the best thing. Get fit, and ready for Wigan this weekend.

I'm  about 20 miles from the ground,  just NW of London.... it's bitterly cold, just had the first real flurry of snow of the day,  and looked like a real blizzard was starting, but only lasted a few minutes and now brightening up again. V  difficult to call. ....

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Seeing the same snow as the other Londoners...gulp.

Last time I watched us in similar conditions we got tonked 5-0 by Coventry in 1995. Let's hope Lars Bohinen doesn't line up for us tonight.

As a fellow colour-blinder, I felt his pain. I hate the orange or pink ball. You can't see a thing most of the time! Nothing wrong with a yellow one though ?

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Seeing the same snow as the other Londoners...gulp.

Last time I watched us in similar conditions we got tonked 5-0 by Coventry in 1995. Let's hope Lars Bohinen doesn't line up for us tonight.

Yes , that was shocking , more than Bohinen culpable too..

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

I'm in London on Thursday on trains so using this thread as a barometer, seems the capital is getting a bit of snow - let's see how the trains deal! 

That could be very bad timing judging by the forecast.

Re the trains - they were already cancelling some local / regional services before the first flake had even fallen down there.

Seen pictures of chaotic scenes at some stations this morning.

I would try & get out of it if you can.

Pull yourselves together everyone, it's a bit of snow not the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Presumably if the pitch is covered the main issue will be whether the pitch is safe or frozen underfoot or not. Surely the game can be played if the pitch is a bit  hard.

Apologies if I've missed it earlier as just logged on but is there even a pitch inspection forecast?

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Pull yourselves together everyone, it's a bit of snow not the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Presumably if the pitch is covered the main issue will be whether the pitch is safe or frozen underfoot or not. Surely the game can be played if the pitch is a bit  hard.

Apologies if I've missed it earlier as just logged on but is there even a pitch inspection forecast?

There are two separate issues here.

Yes, the over reaction by the media to a bit of winter weather is ridiculous.

However, if this match either gets postponed or abandoned, it will be shocking by Wimbledon.

The concern is purely about the wellbeing of our players and supporters.

Just now, martonrover said:

There are two separate issues here.

Yes, the over reaction by the media to a bit of winter weather is ridiculous.

However, if this match either gets postponed or abandoned, it will be shocking by Wimbledon.

The concern is purely about the wellbeing of our players and supporters.

I'm sure the game will be called off if the pitch is in any way unssfe. As there seems to be no sort of suggestion from the Wimbledon end the match is in jeapordy it must be deemed that that isn't the case.

Archived