BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wimbledon v Rovers

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Pedro said:

As a fellow colour-blinder, I felt his pain. I hate the orange or pink ball. You can't see a thing most of the time! Nothing wrong with a yellow one though ?

He failed to tell Harford abut it until half-time when it was just a little too late. Or so legend goes.

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

Yes , that was shocking , more than Bohinen culpable too..

Agreed. Got to be in our top 10 worst performances over the past 25 or so years (in my time following Rovers) given the calibre of player we had on the pitch.

32 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Possibly, possibly not. I know who’s who and you don’t.  :-)

That may be true. But you probably care and I don’t ;)

Ok, spill the beans then. Is one of them Lawrie Sanchez’ wife? That doesn’t really count! :lol:

5 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I still think it will be postponed or abandoned if it starts.

I don't understand what Wimbledon are playing at.They must be having a brain womble.

Don't wombles live underground?  Maybe they have some nice warm fires under the pitch.

Slightly puzzled by this. The temperature has been predicted at -2 to - 3 this evening in Wimbledon for the last 48 hours. This hasn’t changed and the temp is currently showing as -2. Surely the pitch will immediately freeze now the covers have been removed?!

i sincerely hope this isn’t the case for the sake of our fans who have travelled. I have bad memories of travelling over the Hammersmith flyover a few years ago to Craven Cottage and hearing on the radio the game was called off due to a frozen pitch! 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ref clears game to go ahead. 

Plenty of other games going ahead too. Sorting men from boys :)

Player and fan safety issues on hold.

Does the ref know the temperature at which water moisture freezes, I wonder.

I do not expect too many players diving or the modern version of a sliding tackle. Lots of poncy gloves and leggings on show.

Meanwhile 'Abandonment' has gone to 1/2 on favourite, ground rated hard to focking firm.

31 minutes ago, philipl said:

The M3 is closed so I hope the Rovers coaches are getting off the M25 well before the M3 intersection.

And Westminster looking towards Charing Cross a few minutes ago.

image.thumb.png.eca3bb02cc32b7987c750afea2b71313.png

That’s no more than a dusting of snow - surely that won’t affect a game of football?

Archived