BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wimbledon v Rovers

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, FGS5635 said:

Seen enough now to say with confidence that a win on sunday and we are up. We just have 2 many difference makers not to grind out enough points

Ya, with the attacking players we have,chances are a couple of them will always be on form. We aren't just relying on one player. We have numerous dangerous men. Dack a superstar in the making though. One of my favourite rovers players in a long time 

Had a ticket to watch it in Blues but couldn't make the first half, caught the second period.

Great 2nd half, terrific tempo and barely let them have the ball until we were 3 up. Presume it was much better than the first half. You know its your night when Bennett notches a crucial goal!

Great atmosphere in Blues as well. 280 sellout, the place was rocking, a real feelgood factor.

Let's start with the same team and give Wigan a right pasting on Sunday!

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Had a ticket to watch it in Blues but couldn't make the first half, caught the second period.

Great 2nd half, terrific tempo and barely let them have the ball until we were 3 up. Presume it was much better than the first half. You know its your night when Bennett notches a crucial goal!

Great atmosphere in Blues as well. 280 sellout, the place was rocking, a real feelgood factor.

Let's start with the same team and give Wigan a right pasting on Sunday!

Any praise for Elliott Bennett yet?! Radio Lancs commentator had him as Man of the Match! 

Fantastic result, win Sunday and I can't see anything stopping us now. Hitting form again at the right time, any away trip in this league is a potential banana skin and to win comfortably like that tonight is massive. Full credit to the lads and full credit to the fans who travelled. Delighted for Bennett, he deserved a goal. On we go, nothing is stopping this train ? ;) 

Just now, david brent said:

Any praise for Elliott Bennett yet?! Radio Lancs commentator had him as Man of the Match! 

On the whole he's done very well since moving into central midfield. Still maintain he's atrocious on the wing though and whilst it was a cracking goal tonight I'd be a bit more fulsome in my praise if he didn't contribute in that respect about as often as Haley's comet comes round.

Dack clearly MOM on what I saw. A class apart at this level.

Watched it at the Blues, thought first half was scrappy and we looked quite nervous, but after the second we settled in and started to play some decent stuff.

I know he has many detractors but thought bar giving possession away cheaply a couple of times in the first half that Nyambe did really well and was in the running for motm, stuck to his guns well and got up and down the touch line whenever he could.

Great 3 points, even bigger game to come on Sunday!

• Backroom

Not an easy match tonight. Freezing cold, difficult pitch, essentially a non-league stadium, but we really showed our class. Second and third goals were great. We go into the Wigan match in tremendous form, and if we can put them to the sword as well then I'd be very confident for the first time this season that we are going up automatically.

Just now, DE. said:

Not an easy match tonight. Freezing cold, difficult pitch, essentially a non-league stadium, but we really showed our class. Second and third goals were great. We go into the Wigan match in tremendous form, and if we can put them to the sword as well then I'd be very confident for the first time this season that we are going up automatically.

Did you go to the game DE?

Scrappy game, but yet again, a ruthless win in the bag.

The first half was dire, and I'm not sure how we went in at the break a goal up. It didn't look like it crossed the line from the camera angle, but there's no way to tell from that, other than to trust the kind officials.

The second half was much better from us. An unexpected strike from Bennett,, and the standout moment of the match, with Graham's unusual trickery down the left (the guy has it all and has dug himself into great form), and a sweet finish from Dack for our third to wrap it up.

Dack was MotM with his brace, but Lenihan was outstanding at the back; the guy is absolute class and quality, and should be playing for a Championship promotion contender. Let's hope that's us next season.

Nyambe made a few mistakes that put us under pressure, and I heard Mowbray shouting "@#/? pass it Ryan!" after he lost the ball in the second half and allowed Wimbledon to counter. Nyambe is on a learning curve, but a very promising player. In fact, I heard a number of expletives from Tony! The benefit of listening in on a tiny ground...

Smallwood has become less of an impact than he was earlier in the season. He's a steady eddy, which is fine, but he's definitely dried up a bit.

Raya had nothing to do, but his distribution was awful. He seems to get the timing all wrong with his kicks.

I can see why Wimbledon have done reasonably well this season - they work really hard, and grind you down with their determination - somewhat like the Wimbledon of old. But, without really stepping into gear, we somehow brushed them aside comfortably in the end.

Time to sit back and watch for Shrewsbury's result on Saturday. Let's hope a new manager bounce at The Posh can ease some pressure on us!

Archived