BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wimbledon v Rovers

3 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

A very professional performance from all concerned.  We looked quite comfortable, particularly in the second half when Evans replaced Payne.  The defence looked sound, with Lenihan beginning to really look the part in the centre.  Dack and Graham have a great understanding up front and seem to intuitively know where each other is going to be and Bennett gave another excellent performance in midfield.  Ironic that despite all the warnings about the weather the only real snow we saw was in Blackburn before we left and in Blackburn when we got back!

Wimbledon's left side must be very weak to be unable to exploit the weak Ryan 'flea in his ear' Nyambe. Good news for us.

Why did we sign Bell ?

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

I don't know whether its been said already, but.... The atmosphere and event in Blues Bar last night was excellent.

Credit to the club for putting it on. Will be hoping some more away games are being shown 'on beamback' between now and May.

On the club's Twitter:

Replying to @Kelowa76

We can only show games live in Blues if we have sold out our ticket allocation and the home club agrees to the broadcast.

Great win.The team is stronger than I have given them credit for.

This is where I have to  confess that I really wanted this game to be postponed.

I was worried about the Wimbledon factor and the pitch and especially availability of our players.

Now I am so delighted just to have been plain wrong.

It looks like something has clicked and we have the bit between our teeth...

And as for the Bradley Dack version of the Ritchie Smallwood song, Hahaha!!

Lenihan makes a huge difference. The defence is so much more solid; nothing and nobody got past him last night. The only mistake he made was late in second half when he mishooked a left-footed clearance (and appeared to injury his groin in the process), but that was the only blemish. He's so much better than Downing. 

Wimbledon worked hard but apart from a couple of shots from distant never threatened our goal at any time. I was never worried they'd get back into the match. 

2 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Great win.The team is stronger than I have given them credit for.

This is where I have to  confess that I really wanted this game to be postponed.

I was worried about the Wimbledon factor and the pitch and especially availability of our players.

Now I am so delighted just to have been plain wrong.

It looks like something has clicked and we have the bit between our teeth...

And as for the Bradley Dack version of the Ritchie Smallwood song, Hahaha!!

What is it? :) 

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What is it? :) 

If it's the one I'm thinking of...

OH AY OH, BRADLEY DACKS ON TINDER,

OH AY OH, HE'S MESSAGING YOUR SISTER,

OH AY OH, HE ALWAYS GETS HIS END AWAY...

1 hour ago, JAL said:

Wimbledon's left side must be very weak to be unable to exploit the weak Ryan 'flea in his ear' Nyambe. Good news for us.

Why did we sign Bell ?

You are right - it's really is good news that Ryan agreed to sign that long term deal with the club.   As for Bell, always good to have a decent back-up on the bench.  Great times to be following the Rovers at the moment - long may it continue.

1 hour ago, JAL said:

Why did we sign Bell ?

Competition for the left back spot. 

59 minutes ago, JAL said:

As usual chaddy your going to struggle there pal.

Why struggle? Cos you dont attend games at Ewood Park or the away ground but try to comment on things you havent seen. 

Still keeping your vendetta against our 1st choice right back but I dont know how you comment on him why you dont see him live? Your vendetta is about who his agent is why thats currently matters I have no idea 

3 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

You are right - it's really is good news that Ryan agreed to sign that long term deal with the club.   As for Bell, always good to have a decent back-up on the bench.  Great times to be following the Rovers at the moment - long may it continue.

Very true on all points. 

Great result and my twitter feed was on fire so thanks for the constant updates.

momentum now takes us to Sunday it’s the biggest match of the season.

win and we are 9 points ahead and even wigon will see that to win all 4 games in hand alongside the cup run is going to be a massive risk. 

Its going to be a good feeling if we put another victory in the bag

Found a decent pub before the game, the Albion, which had over a dozen real ales and ciders on display.

As other posters have stated the stewarding was shambolic, Far too many fans crammed into the corner of the RyGas stand , yet when I blagged my way past the stewards twice(If you went to the hut selling food or the toilets they tried to stop people going back)  there was plenty of room and an adequate viewpoint.  Then after the match we ended up having a game of hide and seek with our coach Driver who parked up half a mile from the ground down a side street. Got home at 3.45 am.

The performance from the team though made up for it though and it turned into a bit of a romp.

Only saw the second half, but thought Rovers were very impressive. Plenty of energy, were always looking to go forward and looked  at least one division above Wimbledon who struggled unsuccessfully to stay in the game. Couldn’t have done any better to be honest. ?

Yeah to add to those who've commented was as bad an experience in terms of viewing etc as I've had last night.  Stewards in front of us were at one point saying Rovers had sold too many which I think was rubbish, then blaming the fans, then saying they didn't normally get that many.  Surely they have clubs like Charlton etc who take a full allocation?  Just needed a bit of organisation to advise people where to stand, was clear once everyone came in that one entrance there was an issue but they did nothing.  As bad a view as I had I noticed plenty of others who must have seen sod all so felt for them.

12 minutes ago, Manchester Blue said:

Yeah to add to those who've commented was as bad an experience in terms of viewing etc as I've had last night.  Stewards in front of us were at one point saying Rovers had sold too many which I think was rubbish, then blaming the fans, then saying they didn't normally get that many.  Surely they have clubs like Charlton etc who take a full allocation?  Just needed a bit of organisation to advise people where to stand, was clear once everyone came in that one entrance there was an issue but they did nothing.  As bad a view as I had I noticed plenty of others who must have seen sod all so felt for them.

Charlton are due to play there at the weekend but still had tickets available as of a couple of days ago.

It seems ludicrous that some clubs aren't allowed to get promoted due to not having enough seats etc. and yet Wimbledon can play in the 3rd division with such a ground.

Generally speaking a nice group of people and I've a lot of time for what they've done in reforming and climbing right back up but the speed of their ascent through the leagues has left effectively a non-league stadium hosting 3rd division games. I suppose the usual 300 away fans wouldn't have a problem but get a sell out at 700-800 and there's difficulties in the facilities.

I was sat in the small seating area which is effectively a mix with home fans. The view wasn't great but I suspect better than that in the terrace. The only 'segregation' in place is a flight of steps with a couple of stewards sat there.

Fans ought to make a collective complaint either directly to Wimbledon or probably better to Wimbledon via Rovers about the stewarding last night.  There was one very awkward woman preventing people getting back to their places after half - time. The result was severe over-crowding in one corner in the 2nd half and open spaces in the place where I was standing behind the dugout (I managed to get past her eventually). 

Yeah definitely right Jim.  If it's the same woman who came in front of us at one point she started telling people to move or exit the ground.  When asked where they could move to she said not my problem but if you don't move you can leave.  Tremendous attitude.  Shame as like JH says they are a great story and it was a pleasant little ground in many ways but just a ridiculous situation.

Archived