Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Dominic Samuel

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

You said his legs had gone and that we should sell him ASAP

True. 

I was wrong. 

Im pleased he proved me wrong

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

But you criticised him for the same things people are critical of Samuel for. Double standards?

Not for me, different expectations for different players. If you disagree fair enough. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

It wasnt a direct comparison, stop taking it out of context. Just was saying that any positive physical attributes will always be counteracted by a poor work ethic, i dont feel when i watch him that hes working hard enough.

If he rated Samuel and had no doubts about him surely hed feature more than the occasional sub appearance.

Samuel has never proved in his career that he is a capable goalscorer (unlike Graham), we paid for promise and youth that as of yet hasnt looked likely to materialise into anything more.

Samuel has started 16 games out of 27 games he played him this season with 5 goals. Look more than occasional sub appearance doesnt it? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

True. 

I was wrong. 

Im pleased he proved me wrong

Not for me, different expectations for different players. If you disagree fair enough. 

Samuel has started 16 games out of 27 games he played him this season with 5 goals. Look more than occasional sub appearance doesnt it? 

You called Graham lazy and others have said Samuel is lazy. I don't see any difference. 

What was your expectation of Samuel by the way?

• 2 weeks later...

I did say recently that Samuel is lacking confidence. He needs Mowbray, coaching staff and Graham/Dack to support and help him through this spell of his career

No. He needs his wages halving until he shows some bottle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I did say recently that Samuel is lacking confidence. He needs Mowbray, coaching staff and Graham/Dack to support and help him through this spell of his career

It doesnt in any way justify what I and others have perceived to be a lack of work rate. Giving less than 100% will not help him gain any form.

He's not shown anywhere near enough to suggest that he can become a consistent League 1 threat, never mind Championship. I hope he proves me wrong.

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It doesnt in any way justify what I and others have perceived to be a lack of work rate. Giving less than 100% will not help him gain any form.

He's not shown anywhere near enough to suggest that he can become a consistent League 1 threat, never mind Championship. I hope he proves me wrong.

He lacking confidence massively. 

Need support not people moaning at it. People like Bennett, Graham and Dack will help him through this. 

I hope he prove you wrong just like Bennett did and others like Antonsson have. 

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

"At this moment he has to be patient and work hard in training, do extra work, extra finishing and build his confidence." https://t.co/6afrnnHX21

Roughly translated as 'he's lazy and he can't finish' which anybody who has seen him will tell you pretty much sums Samuel up. Poor signing and one of those players who will always be described as having the right attributes but will rarely utilise them. 

It seems he's had the arm around the shoulder treatment with Mowbray trying to keep him involved and giving him mins here and there sometimes when it might have called for better options.. Now it's kick up the arse time.

One thing about TM is he seems to give players more than a fair crap of the whip but after a while if he's getting nothing in return he'll drop them to one side.

Strong management, no room for snowflakes here anymore hopefully and hopefully Samuel regroups and comes back stronger on the back of it.

• Like 3

He lacking confidence massively. 

Need support not people moaning at it. People like Bennett, Graham and Dack will help him through this. 

I hope he prove you wrong just like Bennett did and others like Antonsson have. 

You really dont listen do you. 

Bennett I said should contribute more considering the ability he showed in a league above, at a time when he hadnt scored for a year and barely got any assists. I never said I dont rate him. And I said I was really happy that he got 2 goals recently and hope he continues.

Antonsson when I complained about him was playing up front, and looked awful. It was at the start of the season, and Dack was sitting on the bench in the main at the time. He then found a new home on the wing and started contributing with crucial goals. Something you dont seem to understand the importance of.

People are going to moan if they feel like one of the players isnt giving 100%, and has underperformed for the club. Whilst typing this out, @blueboy3333 has shown Im not the only one to suggest they arent satisfied with Samuels application at the moment.

Your assertion that he "needs support not people moaning at it" is both idiotic and hypocritical in equal measure. We are discussing a striker who hasnt scored in over 3 months on an internet messageboard that he almost certainly doesnt read. When in the ground the players get supported. And you constantly criticized Graham for months, for what you considered to be laziness and underachievement. Where was your "support not people moaning at it" attitude then?

If you are going to critique me, at least understand what I actually said.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You really dont listen do you. 

Bennett I said should contribute more considering the ability he showed in a league above, at a time when he hadnt scored for a year and barely got any assists. I never said I dont rate him. And I said I was really happy that he got 2 goals recently and hope he continues.

Antonsson when I complained about him was playing up front, and looked awful. It was at the start of the season, and Dack was sitting on the bench in the main at the time. He then found a new home on the wing and started contributing with crucial goals. Something you dont seem to understand the importance of.

People are going to moan if they feel like one of the players isnt giving 100%, and has underperformed for the club. Whilst typing this out, @blueboy3333 has shown Im not the only one to suggest they arent satisfied with Samuels application at the moment.

Your assertion that he "needs support not people moaning at it" is both idiotic and hypocritical in equal measure. We are discussing a striker who hasnt scored in over 3 months on an internet messageboard that he almost certainly doesnt read. When in the ground the players get supported. And you constantly criticized Graham for months, for what you considered to be laziness and underachievement. Where was your "support not people moaning at it" attitude then?

If you are going to critique me, at least understand what I actually said.

I did listen tho so stop telling me this cos its really boring now. 

I was very happy with Bennett's performances all season. 

I gave Antonsson a proper chance before writing him off like you like to do. Very happy with his Antonsson goals and give us a proper scoring option from Wide. 

Graham need a massive kick up the bum as we all know what he can do. Now we have the proper Danny Graham finally

I dont know what Blueboy posted as I dont read his posts anymore and on my ignore list

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I did listen tho so stop telling me this cos its really boring now. 

I was very happy with Bennett's performances all season. 

I gave Antonsson a proper chance before writing him off like you like to do. Very happy with his Antonsson goals and give us a proper scoring option from Wide. 

Graham need a massive kick up the bum as we all know what he can do. Now we have the proper Danny Graham finally

I dont know what Blueboy posted as I dont read his posts anymore and on my ignore list

I havent been happy with his offensive contributions, his work rate and other aspects of his game have been good but he has the ability to score goals and now he is doing.

I was criticizing Antonsson when he was ineffectively playing down the middle, he wasnt playing out wide at the time.

Surely you can see that you saying that Graham was lazy and playing rubbish is the exact same as me now saying the same about Samuel? Surely you understand the hypocrisy of inferring that I need to support him and not moan about him as a very weak argument? When you do something its kicking a player up the bum, when I do similar its moaning.

He said "Roughly translated as 'he's lazy and he can't finish' which anybody who has seen him will tell you pretty much sums Samuel up. Poor signing and one of those players who will always be described as having the right attributes but will rarely utilise them." which I agree with.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I havent been happy with his offensive contributions, his work rate and other aspects of his game have been good but he has the ability to score goals and now he is doing.

I was criticizing Antonsson when he was ineffectively playing down the middle, he wasnt playing out wide at the time.

Surely you can see that you saying that Graham was lazy and playing rubbish is the exact same as me now saying the same about Samuel? Surely you understand the hypocrisy of inferring that I need to support him and not moan about him as a very weak argument? When you do something its kicking a player up the bum, when I do similar its moaning.

He said "Roughly translated as 'he's lazy and he can't finish' which anybody who has seen him will tell you pretty much sums Samuel up. Poor signing and one of those players who will always be described as having the right attributes but will rarely utilise them." which I agree with.

Graham and Samuel different players..

One experience and one young..

Samuel needs support and confidence building..

Graham is experience player

Graham and Samuel different players..

One experience and one young..

Samuel needs support and confidence building..

Graham is experience player

Didnt realise that you knew the players personalities so well and how best to motivate them based solely on their ages.

If you cant see that its incredibly hypocritical to have a go at me for saying the same as you said earlier in the season about another player, regardless of who it is, then thats your issue.

I hope Samuel steps up a gear and starts giving 100% (if im not wrong and he isnt already) and justifying his place in the squad. Not seen anything to suggest he will or can but hope he does.

I teach my 4 year old to put effort in and try your best. All strikers go through goal droughts he's being criticised for his effort and work rate. He's a 24 year old adult earning thousands of pounds a week. How old do you have to be before you learn that 100% effort is the minimum requirement

Edited by Oldgregg86

3 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I teach my 4 year old to put effort in and try your best. All strikers go through goal droughts he's being criticised for his effort and work rate. He's a 24 year old adult earning thousands of pounds a week. How old do you have to be before you learn that 100% effort is the minimum requirement

I believe that is not the case until your 32nd birthday. When that comes around, you are openly available to be "moaned at and not supported" (criticised on a messageboard to you and me) for a lack of work rate, as its the only way youll learn.