BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Dominic Samuel

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I believe that is not the case until your 32nd birthday. When that comes around, you are openly available to be "moaned at and not supported" (criticised on a messageboard to you and me) for a lack of work rate, as its the only way youll learn.

Never mention a age bracket did I? I said experience player. 

But as per usual you just make stuff to suit your argument. So wont be engage in discussions for abit until this stops

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I did listen tho so stop telling me this cos its really boring now. 

I was very happy with Bennett's performances all season. 

I gave Antonsson a proper chance before writing him off like you like to do. Very happy with his Antonsson goals and give us a proper scoring option from Wide. 

Graham need a massive kick up the bum as we all know what he can do. Now we have the proper Danny Graham finally

I dont know what Blueboy posted as I dont read his posts anymore and on my ignore list

You big belmer, you bloody love my posts. However I am now demanding you stop reading them. We are done. You will no longer gorge yourself on the teat of my wisdom.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

You big belmer, you bloody love my posts. However I am now demanding you stop reading them. We are done. You will no longer gorge yourself on the teat of my wisdom.

That doesn't say much for what he's learnt from " the teat of my wisdom " does it ? 

Regarding Antonnson, I still hold to my initial opinion of the lad when I first saw him play. He's a trier but the bottom line is he's a light weight. He chips in with the odd goal when the opposition has forgotten he's actually playing but other than that - not a lot

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

He needs a slap and a rocket up his arse

He needs to change the songs he tries to sing to whilst driving.

Needs motivational fast heavy rock not poncy crap.

You are what you listen to.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

• Backroom
13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Never mention a age bracket did I? I said experience player. 

But as per usual you just make stuff to suit your argument. So wont be engage in discussions for abit until this stops

You said 'young' and 'experience'(sic) which is 2 perceived age brackets.

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

He needs to change the songs he tries to sing to whilst driving.

Needs motivational fast heavy rock not poncy crap.

You are what you listen to.

He still does it. He either has a driverless car or is a very reckless driver. It really grinds my gears 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

6 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Regarding Antonnson, I still hold to my initial opinion of the lad when I first saw him play. He's a trier but the bottom line is he's a light weight. He chips in with the odd goal when the opposition has forgotten he's actually playing but other than that - not a lot

How many times have you seen him play?

46 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

How many times have you seen him play?

In the flesh three times, all away games. A pal of mine was a scout for ' City many years ago and he only scouted players in away games. You get a better idea of how they deal with adversity that way. On tv a few more times.

He's a likeable guy and he has his strengths but most of the time he's invisible. That's just my opinion.

What's your opinion of him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

In the flesh three times, all away games. A pal of mine was a scout for ' City many years ago and he only scouted players in away games. You get a better idea of how they deal with adversity that way. On tv a few more times.

He's a likeable guy and he has his strengths but most of the time he's invisible. That's just my opinion.

What's your opinion of him.

I think he's a goalscorer, good movement in the box and good at finding space. Decent at running at defenders but nothing exceptional. Dreadful with his back to goal, can't remember ever seeing anyone as weak in that regard.

• Like 1

I think hes a really poor, weak, ineffective centre forward. Hes found his home wide left however where he can be facing the goal more often and as a result is much more useful as a winger.

Hes fairly quick, hes got a good leap running to the ball for someone playing wide, but he he isnt at all creative or skilful, in fact his whole game is incredibly limited apart from his knack of chipping in with a healthy number of goals for a wide men which is enough to make him a good option.I think hes better suited to play away from home, ive seen him at Ewood look hopeless and non existent when defences sit in, and ive see him at places like Blackpool and Bury away where he has been very effective in the added space.

Do think hes got a part to play but the problem is, id put Armstrong, Chapman, Payne and Bennett ahead of him at the moment.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1

Just now, Pedro said:

He lashes at every chance he gets. He needs to relax in front of goal and gain some composure.

Think thats a bit harsh, his goals at Rochdale, Bury (first) and Blackpool in particular in particular show he can finish with composure. That said, his penalty at Northampton, maybe less so!

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Think thats a bit harsh, his goals at Rochdale, Bury (first) and Blackpool in particular in particular show he can finish with composure. That said, his penalty at Northampton, maybe less so!

It isn't harsh. His finishing is really poor. He gets through on goal and smashes it. The other week he even did an air kick from 7 yards. Poor at any level imo.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Apologies - I am on about Samuel. I saw the thread title and was referring to him. I didn't realise someone switched to Antonsson.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

Apologies - I am on about Samuel. I saw the thread title and was referring to him. I didn't realise someone switched to Antonsson.

Don't apologise Pedro, you could apply the same to both: neither are good enough.

Antonsson wasn't good enough at Leeds as a forward so he finds himself at Ewood, tried as a winger and he ain't good enough there either and needs binning off. No argument for me.

Samuel for me has plenty of potential physically but lacks plenty elsewhere, particularly above the shoulders. I would guess, unless someone can get inside his head and channel it in the right direction, then he needs binning off too.

I can't get my head around trying to sign players and then try to shoehorn them in somewhere else. If we want a centre half (yes please) then fecking sign one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Backroom

Been following him on instagram and he’s been posting videos a lot of him in the gym down in London, seems to be putting real work in on strength and fitness.

Heres one of him from twitter 

Never going to be prolific but he’s someone I’d have in the Squad. 

I think that's a great credit to him, he could easily be out on the piss every night and worry about his fitness when pre season comes around.

Shows that he wants to make that central striker role his own, whether he is good enough I'm not sure but you cant fault him for the extra miles he appears to be putting in.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

I think folk have been a bit dramatic about the quality of his performances last season. He showed enough in the early part of the season when he had that purple patch to show he's worth keeping on, IMO.

Fair play to the lad putting the hard yards in when most of the other players are away on their holidays.....

• Like 2

Fair play to the lad one of my main complaints about him is that he is lazy so good to see him putting the hard yards in when he could be on a beach somewhere. Personally I think he is more suited to a wide position where he can use his main asset which is his pace. I think to play up top he lacks the composure in front of goal to be a natural goal scorer and that is something that you either have or you don't. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

When he was having his 'purple patch' he was missing some absolute sitters, especially with his head. It's that he should be working on. I can run up hills with me undies round me knees*

*I can't, but that's not the point. 

Yeah, I agree. He lacks composure in front of goal, I'm not sure that can be taught. I think you either have it or you don't.  He needs  about 5 good chances for every goal he scores,  the way we play that isn't going to happen often. He's never going to be a prolific goalscorer unless something changes. Jason Roberts was equally numb In front of goal. He was alright when it required an instinctive reaction but when he had time to think about it his head went. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

When he was having his 'purple patch' he was missing some absolute sitters, especially with his head. It's that he should be working on. I can run up hills with me undies round me knees*

*I can't, but that's not the point. 

I guess that aspect will come when preseason starts though.

Do like that he is getting well ahead with his fitness though and its commendable he is doing this while most of the others will probably be lashing it up somewhere right now. Guess he knows he has his work cut out if he wants to remain in contention, especially with the possibility of other forwards being brought in during the summer.