BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Dominic Samuel

He's never quite caught fire at Ewood but played his part last season in the bigger picture as did most of them. Fair play to him for putting in the graft although really it's a minimum requirement these days that they all should do through summer.

Massive season for him next season, make or break at Rovers really but it looks like he realises what's needed now so best of luck to him.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

The fact he is clearly putting effort in means he gets a clean slate from me to prove me wrong that he isn't good enough for rovers. Let's hope he somehow learns how to be composed when his chance comes over the summer

Same - I like the effort. Kudos for that and he gets a new bite of the cherry from me. Not confident he has what it takes buy you cannot knock the dedication here.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Funnily enough, his strength is probably what impressed me so much vs Oxford. Maybe he'd been able to rest post-promotion and so the benefit finally showed.

If he plays like he did vs Oxford every game, he could be a very useful versatile forward.

Edited by Mike E

3 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Let's get cynical. It's BRFCS, after all. Making an effort to show somebody you're doing something probably means you've been naughty or not doing what you're supposed to be doing. It takes one to know one. ?

I was thinking exactly the same as I came across your posting.

His recent quotes in the LT that he was the one taking the big 'risk' in trading down when he joined Rovers definately coloured my opinion.

He 's lucky to be around in the social media age or else no one would know or care that he's doing something extraordinary.......keeping himself fit.........ffs.......

• 2 weeks later...

Question: Should Samuel be encouraged to change his playing position to play on the wing.

He has the pace for it, is rather good at cutting in from the wing but the question is his crossing ability.

Personally don't think he will be good enough upfront in the Championship. But would he be a capable option out on the wing?

43 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Question: Should Samuel be encouraged to change his playing position to play on the wing.

He has the pace for it, is rather good at cutting in from the wing but the question is his crossing ability.

Personally don't think he will be good enough upfront in the Championship. But would he be a capable option out on the wing?

I think he lacks  a football brain. You need that even on the wing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think he lacks  a football brain. You need that even on the wing.

I'd say you need more of a brain to play the wide position. He has to know when to stay out wide or cut in. 

I think in Samuel's case the question is whether he is prepared to do the dirty work and back track. If he doesn't then this will leave Nyambe exposed.

• 2 months later...

Jesus Christ nearly gave me a heart attack I thought i was in the Dack thread.

That's crap for Dom, thought he would get a few chances to prove the doubters wrong (me included).

Hope he recovers well, seems a driven enough lad.

He must be devastated, hope he recovers well. Unless we get a striker in on loan, Nuttall will have to stay now.

Think we should see about getting Butterworth a loan out. As well as basically any of the kids we can, actually. Men's football really helps.

Never going to be good enough for us in the Championship, was a bit of his depth really in League 1, with a pitiful goal return.

That being said, the circumstances with such a serious injury is never nice to see. Hopefully he goes on to make a full recovery and when hes back fit he joins a club lower in the pyramid to try and make a career for himself.

17 hours ago, Speedie's Gonna Get Ya said:

The event that causes an ACL injury so often look innocuous unlike the injury itself.

Hope he’s on the mend soon. 40 years ago he’d probably be finished.

Correct ....

Did mine in 1983 i had a some help mainly from two  ex Rovers players who owned a Gym at the time were i could try to get fit again i did play a few times after but soon had to pack it in...

I am now 56 and i walk with a limp my knee is constantly swelled up lots of aches and pains and i also have arthritis. Too young for a knee replacement so they say and to be honest i am going as long as i can before i have to have it done ..and i have had more knee scrapes and arthroscopies than i care to remember ...

9 minutes ago, den9112 said:

Correct ....

Did mine in 1983 i had a some help mainly from two  ex Rovers players who owned a Gym at the time were i could try to get fit again i did play a few times after but soon had to pack it in...

I am now 56 and i walk with a limp my knee is constantly swelled up lots of aches and pains and i also have arthritis. Too young for a knee replacement so they say and to be honest i am going as long as i can before i have to have it done ..and i have had more knee scrapes and arthroscopies than i care to remember ...

I never did my cruciate but I've had  plenty of sport induced knee trouble over the recent years. I've a " Bakers Cyst " at the back of my right knee as big as half a tennis ball. Having said that I can still get around ok so I'm avoiding the knife for as long as I can.