BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Wigan

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Argh just realised that not only does Evans playing mean Payne misses out but it also means Bennett goes on the right where he's struggled to impact on games!

Evans hasn't pulled up any trees since he first came to the club.

Bennett is a must in the middle. If I were their manager and I saw Evans in for Payne I'd be more than please.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
6 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Is 0-0 a good result or a bad one?

For me it’s bad because it’s two points handed back to Shrewsbury.

For me a win would be absolutely mammoth however a draw wouldn't be too bad given we are playing the second best team in the league!

True it would give Shrewsbury a chance but they would still need to win both games in hand which isn't a guarantee

Lets get the 3 and make it a moot point!

Just now, funny-old-game said:

Evans hasn't pulled up any trees since he first came to the club.

Bennett is a must in the middle. If I were their manager and I saw Evans in for Payne I'd be more than please.

Who would you play on the right, considering Payne isn't very good out there?

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Either play Payne in Dacks position or not at all would be my view. Totally agree with Mowbray on this one. Bennett brings balance, strength and pace to the side on the right, Payne doesn't. He's not a right midfielder. I think Payne has been subbed every time he's played there. I'd have played Travis before Evans though. Time for Evans to earn his money.

Yeah fair point I was just hugely disappointed to see Evans there after the Bury display - however someone who went to Wimbledon mentioned he was good when he came on there.

Think we will see an early season Smallwood performance today  think he's been saving himself for this one

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Payne isn't a winger. He is fine against teams we are going to dominate. This is a scrap. 

Exactly pal. Wigan are the only team who can match us for quality of player all over the pitch. Having a lightweight like Payne out wide who isn't even comfortable out there would not be the brightest idea against a team that can hurt us even without us gifting them goals. It's hardly up there with playing a left back on the wing against Oldham. This is all-out attack for Mowbray;)

Just now, Tom said:

Yeah fair point I was just hugely disappointed to see Evans there after the Bury display - however someone who went to Wimbledon mentioned he was good when he came on there.

Think we will see an early season Smallwood performance today  think he's been saving himself for this one

? or an early bath! :D 

• Backroom

Personally just glad it's round pegs in round holes. I'd rather start with this line up and options to come from the bench than start with Payne and only have Evans to bring on for 'inspiration' tbf.

That set up is only negative if one of the central 2 don't venture forward.

Evans needs a performance today to justify his spot. At least we have some real quality on the bench for once, and that’s without Whittingam, Travis, Chapman and ‘you should see what he does in training’ Gladwin.

Shock: Keith Andrews predicts a Wigan win on Sky. Still banging on about Wigan now. Kirkland was more complementary to us.

COYB, will be a tight game but we’ll grab it 2-1.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Who would you play on the right, considering Payne isn't very good out there?

Come off it, Bennett is hopeless on the wing but has done well in central midfield. Evans is hopeless in the middle so it's weakning 2 positions in one go. Really disappointed TM has bottled it and not stuck with Tuesday's starting line up.

Predictable change from tinkerman, let's just hope Evans's misplaced passes don't cost us.

If anyone has Twitter, my dad wants to know where Keith Andrews gets his wigs from. Perhaps someone could ask. Thanks.

Really wish sky would bring out an ex player that actually likes the club, Keith Andrews very negative about Blackburn whereas Kirkland very positive about Wigan. Andrews predicts a Wigan win and Powell to be the star player. Like really. Wish that ****** would get to *******

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Really wish sky would bring out an ex player that actually likes the club, Keith Andrews very negative about Blackburn whereas Kirkland very positive about Wigan. Andrews predicts a Wigan win and Powell to be the star player. Like really. Wish that ****** would get to *******

They did last time out in Greer. Hardly a club legend but at least he fought our corner. Andrews is such a t*****.

COYB!!!

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Shock: Keith Andrews predicts a Wigan win on Sky. Still banging on about Wigan now. Kirkland was more complementary to us.

His hair really distracts me, I don't understand what's going on with it. Just cut it short ffs.

Archived