BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Wigan

I want Mowbray to carry on doing exactly as he's been doing all season, winning football matches.

The reaction from the players since the Plymouth defeat has been excellent, they could have folded after being well beaten, by a good side incidentally, but if anything we're improving and getting stronger.

Wigan should be worried about us, rather than is worried about them.

Rovers 2 Wigan 0

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Hasta said:

I'm not saying play for one, but how good or bad does anyone think a draw would be after our victory last night?

Bad, we need to get it into their heads that we are better than them.  Let them settle for 2nd place.

55 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Bad, we need to get it into their heads that we are better than them.  Let them settle for 2nd place.

Absolutely, we might be top but they currently have 4 games in hand on us, this is obviously the only game for the rest of the season where we can pick up 3 points and they won't be matching us and picking up 3 on the same day so we've got to start on the front foot and go all out for the win and in doing so that will put a lot more pressure on them in their games in hand. Looking forward to the game, hope the weather and it being on sky doesn't put too many off! 

34 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

We're 19 points above them and have played the same games. We're 10 points above Rotherham and have played a game more. If anybody is going to catch us it won't be Plymouth.

19 points above Plymouth with 11 games to go. 33 points on offer there's absolutely no chance they are going to catch us :lol::lol: 

Huge game obviously, as others have said. A win and promotion really would be ours to lose.

Same team as Tuesday. Paynes spot is the only one on jeopardy. Could put Bell wide left or Antonsson, and switch Armstrong to the right. Defense is looking strong.

Does anyone know if the game will be on Ifollow on Sunday??

Worth saying that, looking at the last 5 games, Rotherham are the standouts with 5 wins but we come a close second. Both Wigan and Shrewsbury have lost 2 of their last 5 games while we have 4 wins and a draw.

On that admittedly narrow basis we would make it.

11 hours ago, 47er said:

Worth saying that, looking at the last 5 games, Rotherham are the standouts with 5 wins but we come a close second. Both Wigan and Shrewsbury have lost 2 of their last 5 games while we have 4 wins and a draw.

On that admittedly narrow basis we would make it.

Aren’t Plymouth top of the form tables with Rotherham? I thought they were both up there.

Wonder if Nick Powell is back for them? Him being injured would be a big help. Although I do feel we have enough to beat them at full strength. There’s not too many players in their squad I would pick over ours.

Just now, Ricky said:

Aren’t Plymouth top of the form tables with Rotherham? I thought they were both up there.

Wonder if Nick Powell is back for them? Him being injured would be a big help. Although I do feel we have enough to beat them at full strength. There’s not too many players in their squad I would pick over ours.

Put it this way - we finished above them last season, kept pretty much our best players and have improved on them. They also did look all that at their place either. We shouldn't be fearing this lot as long as we play to our strengths.

They have also stuttered in the league recently and its a good time to be playing them.

Beating them would give us a good chance of being champions let alone going up.

2 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Interesting form / stats page here :-  http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england3

The last graph is a good one which shows how our current form is currently consistent (actually slightly better) that our full season form but Wigan and the Shrews have gone off the boil a bit.

When is the panic going to set in about weather this game will go ahead or not?

Are the covers on the pitch? Is the undersoil heating working? What are the side streets around Ewood like? Wheres Hughesy?

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Any chance this game will be postponed?

At present zero possiblity. Forecast for Sunday at 12.00 is 2C and windspeed 9mph. 

We haven’t had much weather this week apart from a biting cold wind. 

I doubt it'll be bad enough to call off come Sunday, but it wouldn't surprise me if the club (Mowbray) are mulling over postponing 'for the safety of supporters' based on the way we've approached International weekends.

Would add to the hefty Wigan fixture pile up and we're unbeaten in 9 midweek games this season if that counts for anything.

14 minutes ago, Sedman said:

I doubt it'll be bad enough to call off come Sunday, but it wouldn't surprise me if the club (Mowbray) are mulling over postponing 'for the safety of supporters' based on the way we've approached International weekends.

Would add to the hefty Wigan fixture pile up and we're unbeaten in 9 midweek games this season if that counts for anything.

I like your thinking ?

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

Absolutely! Won their last 5 games, including us! But I was only thinking of our rivals for top 2. Plymouth couldn't make up 15 points on us in 11 games----could they?

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Paul said:

At present zero possiblity. Forecast for Sunday at 12.00 is 2C and windspeed 9mph. 

We haven’t had much weather this week apart from a biting cold wind. 

I wouldn't be so sure; it's unlikely to be off but there's a chance.

Cherry tree and the roads are bad today even the main roads are barely fit to travel on 

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

When is the panic going to set in about weather this game will go ahead or not?

Are the covers on the pitch? Is the undersoil heating working? What are the side streets around Ewood like? Wheres Hughesy?

Haha, see what you did there, spelling whether as ‘weather’ because of all the cold weather we’ve been having. Very good.

Don't really get this idea that Wigan are faltering. In their last 7 league games they've won 4, Drawn 1 and lost 2 (13 points), not exactly rubbish form, we've been on plenty of runs were we have picked up similar or less points . In that run they won away at Plymouth comfortably, a place we struggled at. They've also played 4 games against premiership teams in between those games, winning 3 and drawing 1.

In our 7 games before the 4 wins in a row we had won 3, drawn 3 and lost 1 (12 points, one less than Wigan's current run of last 7 games).

Archived