BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Wigan

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

We were comfortably containing them and counter attacking. Terrible defending from a  set piece 

Yes very comfortable apart from the two goals.

And what's the point of counter attacking if no one is in the box?

Well at least I've always identified Wigan as the main threat. The main concern is who could finish 2nd. It might be Rovers, might be Wigan but who knows?

Dealing with adversity nothing new. Make sure this isn't a loss at least now (because that really would be a kick in the teeth even by Venkys cursed standards) and just treat the remaining games as planned.

• Backroom

We haven't really bottled it today, we're just shit at defending. If we had a remotely competent defence we would have walked this league, but we have a poor goalkeeper, two poor full backs and have been missing one of our best centre backs for over half the season. Smallwood also seems to have been replaced by his less aggressive, less useful twin for the past few games which is unfortunate. 

Just now, funny-old-game said:

We just panic for no reason, which is down to mentality.

Yeah and who installs the mentality? I was mentioning on twitter earlier having misgivings about Mowbray. I'm not saying this blows promotion chances apart but does anyone really feel confident he could push for a second consecutive promotion? Even if Venkys did provide the backing. I would make a change in the summer whatever happens and there's enough misgivings to justify it. I'm thinking logically in terms of replacement though who knows what Venkys would do.

Archived