SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Wigan

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Just now, Roboftherovers82 said:

we needed to win this due to march being full of tough games but classic rovers @#/? up it well done

I always though a draw minimum here, but a win would've been immense.

• Backroom
Just now, Vinjay17 said:

Yeah and who installs the mentality? I was mentioning on twitter earlier having misgivings about Mowbray. I'm not saying this blows promotion chances apart but does anyone really feel confident he could push for a second consecutive promotion? Even if Venkys did provide the backing.

Absolutely no chance. If we get promoted we will do well to stay up unless we make some serious defensive improvements and bring in some very good loan players - and at Championship level you're talking a step up in terms of player quality, which means a step up in fees and wages. Are Venky's willing to fund that kind of outlay? I have my doubts.

But we aren't there yet. Today's result makes Wigan favourites to go up as champions imo, and I think they will. We've blown it with awful defending, which is the story of our season. We can get away with it against most L1 clubs but we won't in the Championship. It's a battle between us, Shrewsbury and Rotherham for the no 2 spot now, I think. We have a good chance of getting over the line but with a defence this poor we can't be surprised if we end up in the playoffs. 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Smallwood has looked like a pub player

Been saying this for ages, hes an awful player, we were all tricked, becuase he was an improvement on Lowe. 

Raya has cost us way too many goals this season. Although that free kick should never have been given in the first place.

Wigan have shown why they are where they are... 2 goals that came virtually out of nowhere. Really disappointing result, we lost the plot after they equalised. Poor subs from Mowbray as well that killed off the game for us.

• Backroom

A fair result on the overall balance of play, you have to say. The referee seemed desperate to help Wigan out in the second half and he assisted their second goal so job done for him. Ultimately though our own deficiencies were our undoing and what was a pivotal result for us has now become a pivotal result for Wigan.

Great game, thrown it away but awful ref .

He's got it right many times but Mowbrays use of subs was poor today they were looking tired early in the second half and some on bookings.

Got to sort that set piece shit out but we've been saying that for years.

By no way a disaster today you switch off for one sec against a good team and get punished and for my money they are still the strongest team in this league.

• Moderation Lead

Never a free kick for their goal, referee was a coward as ever, but we were very poor.

Still, lots of football to be played yet, nothing is over as of the moment. Dramatic goons need to simmer the F down.

Disappointed, shouldn’t be getting beat 2-0 at Ewood in a half. Mulgrew poor on first, raya poor on second, both poor goals. 

Emphasises that a few aren’t good enough for next year,

williams, Evans, raya, nyambe still makes poor decisions although can sometimes recover his own mistake, and sorry but Smallwood is a squad player. Terrible today when most of the team looked up for it he was a passenger 

• Backroom
Just now, Roboftherovers82 said:

that's me done with rovers @#/?ing feed up of the embarrassing football and defending forgot how many points we thrown away at home this season is unreal noway where going up not goof enough

Bye bye

Archived