BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Wigan

Just now, Roboftherovers82 said:

that's me done with rovers @#/?ing feed up of the embarrassing football and defending forgot how many points we thrown away at home this season is unreal noway where going up not goof enough

We're top of the league and you're "done with Rovers" ???

Does not compute

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Advantage Wigan, a huge pyschological victory for them.  Very interesting Cooks comments pre game about how aggrieved they are that we are in THEIR top spot.  Really disappointed and I have a horrible gut feel we will not recover well from this one.  Oh well I'll go and sulk.

Just now, Roboftherovers82 said:

that's me done with rovers @#/?ing feed up of the embarrassing football and defending forgot how many points we thrown away at home this season is unreal noway where going up not goof enough

What a strange time to say this... team is fighting & took a point from a top challenger. 

I hope you repent of this 

Just now, USABlue said:

Advantage Wigan, a huge pyschological victory for them.  Very interesting Cooks comments pre game about how aggrieved they are that we are in THEIR top spot.  Really disappointed and I have a horrible gut feel we will not recover well from this one.  Oh well I'll go and sulk.

As I posted, he’s obviously able to fire them up but what a vile chav that guy is. Ref clearly intimidated by him and his cronies like Morsey. Would love it if they didn’t go up.

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

Absolutely no chance. If we get promoted we will do well to stay up unless we make some serious defensive improvements and bring in some very good loan players - and at Championship level you're talking a step up in terms of player quality, which means a step up in fees and wages. Are Venky's willing to fund that kind of outlay? I have my doubts.

But we aren't there yet. Today's result makes Wigan favourites to go up as champions imo, and I think they will. We've blown it with awful defending, which is the story of our season. We can get away with it against most L1 clubs but we won't in the Championship. It's a battle between us, Shrewsbury and Rotherham for the no 2 spot now, I think. We have a good chance of getting over the line but with a defence this poor we can't be surprised if we end up in the playoffs. 

Yeah going to Wembley isn't always a good thing! Like I've said Wigan were always my main concern anyway hopefully enough to see off Rotherham and Shrewsbury at very least. Obviously I don't think anyone should be ranting if Rovers finish 2nd (back to 2001 as an example and I still think Rovers were better than Fulham) but from a certain standpoint you could argue that Rovers still showed enough to suggest finishing above Wigan isn't a gigantic stretch.

Predictable and pathetic 2nd half. Ref went soft and gave loads of soft free kicks to Wigan down our right which ended up costing us - though there's no excuse for that appalling defending and goalkeeping.

Subs were a waste of time too....if only Graham didn't have fitness issues. Nutall clueless as usual....and Payne on far too late.

I'm afraid we got 3rd divisioned out of it in the end and should be relieved there wasn't another 10mins to go.

Disappointing to not have won that after being 2-0 up at the break, especially considering their two goals were complete scabbers compared to our beauties, but I'm not too disheartened. Wigan are up there for a reason, and that was possibly the most pressuring game of our remaining fixtures. Despite the demand for three points today, you simply can't underestimate Wigan, who have been steamrolling this league. Three points would have been great, but the priority for me today was to not get beat.

Automatic promotion is back out of our hands. Another twist. Let's see if we can get it back in our hands pronto.

The most disappointing aspect; I don't think Wigan deserved the point. Allied to the fact we were two ahead and coasting, makes it a hard one to take. We can also play much better than that. The players need to react in the right way from this. It's time to stand up, or go hiding. 

Now the dust has settled, it's our toughest remaining game out of the way. 5 points ahead of Shrewsbury and played 2 more. That's fine. And we see how the congestion affects Wigan. 

Feels demoralizing right now though.

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Disappointing to not have won that after being 2-0 up at the break, especially considering their two goals were complete scabbers compared to our beauties, but I'm not too disheartened. Wigan are up there for a reason, and that was possibly the most pressuring game of our remaining fixtures. Despite the demand for three points today, you simply can't underestimate Wigan, who have been steamrolling this league. Three points would have been great, but the priority for me today was to not get beat.

Automatic promotion is back out of our hands. Another twist. Let's see if we can get it back in our hands pronto.

I have to admit that near the end I mentioned "make sure this isn't a loss" (but emphasised still going for a winner) but to take that mentality from the beginning is nonsense. 

• Backroom

Wish we had Vaughan he bullied Williams who was terrified of him.

Thought a couple of theirs could have gone but so could Evans, no bias from the ref just another bad un

If Raya didn't do his best Steele impression we win, blame ourselves 

If both clubs go up (and probably have consolidation on mind initially at least) Whelan will probably go crying to UEFA try and get Rovers another transfer ban. Then again they might have new owners so...

I'll be bloody amazed if neither Rovers or Wigan are promoted so didn't even take such a possibility into account.

Just now, Tom said:

Wish we had Vaughan he bullied Williams who was terrified of him.

Thought a couple of theirs could have gone but so could Evans, no bias from the ref just another bad un

If Raya didn't do his best Steele impression we win, blame ourselves 

Ya Vaughan was the difference when he came on. Won battles and played clever lay offs. The catalyst for their come back really. 

We started losing the fight for second balls and that's what swung the game in their favour 

8 minutes ago, Roboftherovers82 said:

It's worse than that mate, I missed Wyatt Earp :D

Just now, fenwindows said:

We need a Grant Hanley to partner Lenihan move Mulgrew into midfield with Bennet. No Evans No Smallwood No Whittingham and No Gladwin. Midfield looking really weak, huge summer if we go up. Big summer if still in league 1.

There’s a reason why Mulgrew has been able to play so many games - it’s because he’s been playing CB. Keep him there; he has not got the engine or body for CM. Agreed CM is an issue though - Bennett has to start there.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya Vaughan was the difference when he came on. Won battles and played clever lay offs. The catalyst for their come back really. 

We started losing the fight for second balls and that's what swung the game in their favour 

Also the ref not giving what was a blatant penalty.

Archived