BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bradford at home 29.03.2018

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to post the same link. I could have understood this if it was still the 3 pm kick off on Good Friday but 7.45 pm the night before will reduce the travelling support drastically. The prices will also deter lots of Rovers fans with the game being on Sky. Surely the common sense thing would have been reduced prices all round.

I am beginning to doubt the club will reduce matchday prices at all now until May. This '6 games for £100' seems to be their attempt at getting more through the door.

For me it is poor marketing as £100 is £100, a lot of money in one go for the floating fan. Now if you made a couple of games £5, the crowds would really build.

Big missed opportunity to re-engage the fanbase.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if people at Rovers are afraid to reduce ticket prices to £5 a head or thereabouts, and have possibly been encouraged not to do this by the authorities. We know they lose the plot big style when large numbers travel to Ewood and have agreed to change kick off times on 'police' advice. If they made it £5 a head they would be overwhelmed and I think they genuinely prefer it if 15,000 turn up rather than make the effort to get 25,000 on.

For all those saying it wouldn't happen at those numbers because we never got those numbers 30 years ago I beg to differ. I'm convinced that a Good Friday non-televised game v Bradford with tickets at £10 an adult maximum would see in excess of 20,000 on Ewood.

Bolton the prime example of what £5 tickets can do to the gate at this level with a couple of 20,000+ crowds last season but sadly I doubt we'll reach that level due to Rovers' pricing.

Golden opportunity to re-engage disillusioned fans with winning football and promotion push yet we'd rather have 15,000 empty seats every week.

Coventry City had 22,000 on last month in their community day. I think they gave away 12k tickets to primary schools. Surely Rovers could do the same with the upper tiers of the BBE/DE for one of these run-in games? The stewarding cost would be offset a bit by the food/drink sales.

I expect Bradford to bring over 3 to 4k fans for this guy..its a hour drive at best. 

JHRover, if Rovers fans want to attend they will no matter what the prices are. 

Rovers being a top of the league and doing very well should be enough to get fans interest in Rovers. If it not nothing will imo..

Kids are off school that week so alot of parents will be off

Im pleased it on Thursday night

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I expect Bradford to bring over 3 to 4k fans for this guy..its a hour drive at best. They won’t

JHRover, if Rovers fans want to attend they will no matter what the prices are. Some will, plenty will watch it on TV 

Rovers being a top of the league and doing very well should be enough to get fans interest in Rovers. If it not nothing will imo.. Not as many that would come on Good Friday, 3pm

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers being a top of the league and doing very well should be enough to get fans interest in Rovers. If it not nothing will imo..

Really? So you think the price of a ticket is irrelevant and people will turn up and pay to watch regardless of whether it is £5 or £25 to get on?

Why do you think Bolton managed to get 20,000+ on last season with cheap tickets but only 14,000 without cheap tickets?

I agree, being top of the league should get people interested again. However charging those people £25 a ticket to get onto Ewood for a televised 3rd division game will diminish the numbers buying them.

I'd much prefer the game to be on Good Friday. A traditional football day rather than have to rush home after work for a Thursday night kick off.

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, MGPensioner said:

For me I couldn't care less until the owners leave. No chance even if it was 6 games for a tenner.

NAPM

RTID

FOV

Yes, we know, you have mentioned this before. No need to keep repeating yourself. Nobody doubts what your stance is if they’ve read this board before.

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

Really? So you think the price of a ticket is irrelevant and people will turn up and pay to watch regardless of whether it is £5 or £25 to get on?

Why do you think Bolton managed to get 20,000+ on last season with cheap tickets but only 14,000 without cheap tickets?

I agree, being top of the league should get people interested again. However charging those people £25 a ticket to get onto Ewood for a televised 3rd division game will diminish the numbers buying them.

I'd much prefer the game to be on Good Friday. A traditional football day rather than have to rush home after work for a Thursday night kick off.

I much rather on the game on Thursday night and then Ive got all weekend to do family things. I finish work 6am Thursday morning. 

The price didnt matter when we had a full house against Liverpool in FA cup game. Also on Tv. 

Im not saying 25 pounds is right either. Maybe 15 pounds for adult ticket with a pound for kid.

9 hours ago, MGPensioner said:

For me I couldn't care less until the owners leave. No chance even if it was 6 games for a tenner.

NAPM

RTID

FOV

But all you bang on about is “x” number of games to save our club. 

Isn’t it about time you put up or shut up? Support the team and actually do something to help, as you put it, save our club.

So, yes, it’s clear you couldn’t care less.......about the club. 

What interests me is that since around 21.45 on Tuesday the club have put a lot of effort in to marketing the Wigan game. 

To what end? On here the loudest silence one could hear. It’s always the same, whenever the club is positive ignore it, when people don’t like things shout from the rooftops. 

We’ve had the 10 game offer, the 6 game offer, there will probably be something else yet to come. 

For me two things are apparent; the opportunity to support the team in the run in is there, the chance to help win promotion is there. Second to this it is obvious is there are many who get more pleasure out of moaning than Rovers winning.

Just now, Paul said:

What interests me is that since around 21.45 on Tuesday the club have put a lot of effort in to marketing the Wigan game. 

To what end? On here the loudest silence one could hear. It’s always the same, whenever the club is positive ignore it, when people don’t like things shout from the rooftops. 

We’ve had the 10 game offer, the 6 game offer, there will probably be something else yet to come. 

For me two things are apparent; the opportunity to support the team in the run in is there, the chance to help win promotion is there. Second to this it is obvious is there are many who get more pleasure out of moaning than Rovers winning.

Human nature, Paul. Happy people don’t line the streets demonstrating their happiness.

6 hours ago, Stuart said:

Human nature, Paul. Happy people don’t line the streets demonstrating their happiness.

Quite right Stuart but in my experience one of the exceptions is sports, in particular football, fans. Usually when a team is successful everyone is looking to climb on the bandwagon but not at Ewood. Most fans do like to line the streets, pack the terraces. It’s why small clubs suddenly attract huge crowds for cup games.

I accept times are tough financially but at £90 for 6 games this is pretty close to what you and I pay as ST holders. I don’t have the inclination but I bet if one looked back over the past 30 years when big games came along people found the money.

The club is making the effort but regrettably is being met by apathy or moans. I feel embarrassed for the team and manager at the way some of our support reacts to their success. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Quite right Stuart but in my experience one of the exceptions is sports, in particular football, fans. Usually when a team is successful everyone is looking to climb on the bandwagon but not at Ewood. Most fans do like to line the streets, pack the terraces. It’s why small clubs suddenly attract huge crowds for cup games.

I accept times are tough financially but at £90 for 6 games this is pretty close to what you and I pay as ST holders. I don’t have the inclination but I bet if one looked back over the past 30 years when big games came along people found the money.

The club is making the effort but regrettably is being met by apathy or moans. I feel embarrassed for the team and manager at the way some of our support reacts to their success. 

If we split the stayaways into groups:

- Those who don’t want to watch L1 football. It’s still L1 football - and at Championship prices.

- Those who are NAPM - nothing has changed for them and besides the few that do return get absolute pelters from fellow fans. My your yardstick they should be welcomed back with open arms.

- Those who can’t afford.

- Who are the ones racing to get their hand in their pocket for £90? They are probably already season ticket holders.

For me, if they want to get people into the ground then they need to make match day offers and make it cheap. If we are going to resent the £5 ticket holder coming down to watch a match in the run in and help us get to 20,000-plus then we are on a sticky wicket. “They should be prepared to pay £15 a match for 6 games like I do - where’s their commitment??” just perpetuates the problem.

Rovers needs it’s floating fans to make up the numbers. Imv we’ve priced the walk-ons out of the game this season - even with the offers.

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I expect Bradford to bring over 3 to 4k fans for this guy..its a hour drive at best. 

So you would attend if it was 100 a match?

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Do you define a promotion push in division 3 as success?

Its almost as if the last 7 years did not happen.

29 minutes ago, Stuart said:

-Who are the ones racing to get their hand in their pocket for £90? They are probably already season ticket holders.

That is exactly my point.

I know a few floating fans myself, they don't buy ST's or half ST's, though they are cheap -they  work out at about £13 a game. They just aren't committed enough to tie themselves down.

However, they do come to one off games if they take their fancy. Thousands of such fans would come out the woodwork for a £5 match, said folk are very unlilkely to spend £90-130 for a 6 match ticket (especially when two of them are on TV).

9 hours ago, Paul said:

Second to this it is obvious is there are many who get more pleasure out of moaning than Rovers winning.

Good points until your final line above Paul which is simply an untruth.

It's like when people say there are a lot of message board members who want us to lose on a match day so that they can moan. Simply not true.

You might get the odd poster like MGPensioner who doesn't contribute anything other than his usual line, but for everyone that debates Rovers, they all actually want us to win.

As for the game, I'm more miffed that it is on a Thursday evening as it's troublesome for me. I missed the Bury game as I only got in from work at 7.10pm and would have been arriving at the ground just after kick off. This game could be the same. Now I may make it as it's Easter and this looks a better game on paper. However if I didnt have a season ticket, I wouldn't be paying £25 and trying to make it, with the knowledge I might miss the start. If it was good friday when practically everyone is off (and there's little to do except watch whatever Bond film is on TV) then I'd probably pay £25. That's not taking into account that the game is on Sky.

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Do you define a promotion push in division 3 as success?

Its almost as if the last 7 years did not happen.

Yes the current team is successful. Everything is relative. Talking in league terms currently the only success we can enjoy is promotion. If we go up then success would be defined as promotion to the PL. Should these two promotions occur then what constitutes PL success is debatable.

Of course the last seven years happened but to argue the club is currently unsuccessful because of it ignores the reality of the league table. 

Archived