BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bradford at home 29.03.2018

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not getting involved childish games with you anymore Stuart, I will be better person and ignore you again. Please don't quote me every again. 

Noted

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reducing prices to £5 for certain games is only a short term solution in filling Ewood on a regular basis. People may/will take up the option but no guarantees it will attract them back for future  full priced games etc. If you re looking long term then start at the beginning of the season,slash the season ticket price.We want Ewood filled throughout a season not for just for a couple of games hoping that it will whet the appetite for future attendees.

Why just think about reducing  the price of certain games to £5 ?Tongue in cheek slightly i said in a previous topic  make Ewood a free bar (drinks only) for a couple of hours instead of £5 pound tickets. One it would get punters through the turnstiles and two would add a slightly more "merry" atmosphere to home games...or why not give out vouchers for a certain number of free concessions per game throughout the season?  I think Accy Stanley reduce their bar prices before and after games for a certain time period ? If its one thing the majority of people do like it is something for nothing. Its not just about the 90minutes of football. To a lot of people a football game is a day out with added costs for food and drink..got to try and make game day a package rather than just the game.

It's simple really a change in attitude to running the club by the owners and associates helps bring about a change in attitude towards attending again by some very fed up fans. A good team and manager helped by sensible investment goes hand in hand with this and at the end of the day that's the most important thing the actual football.

No need for either side to back slap each other a nice calm ignoring each other will do, they've been good at that so fans might as well enjoy the good times and pretend they don't exist at least for a while.

What we don't need is gimps trying to big them up now after 5 mins decent effort, it's already started by one or two on social media and no prizes for guessing who.  Let's just leave that till the end of the season and give them a polite doff off the cap to say well done but you owe it us but we won't be carrying Balaji and Cheston shoulder high down Bolton Road !

39 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Reducing prices to £5 for certain games is only a short term solution in filling Ewood on a regular basis. People may/will take up the option but no guarantees it will attract them back for future  full priced games etc. If you re looking long term then start at the beginning of the season,slash the season ticket price.We want Ewood filled throughout a season not for just for a couple of games hoping that it will whet the appetite for future attendees.

Why just think about reducing  the price of certain games to £5 ?Tongue in cheek slightly i said in a previous topic  make Ewood a free bar (drinks only) for a couple of hours instead of £5 pound tickets. One it would get punters through the turnstiles and two would add a slightly more "merry" atmosphere to home games...or why not give out vouchers for a certain number of free concessions per game throughout the season?  I think Accy Stanley reduce their bar prices before and after games for a certain time period ? If its one thing the majority of people do like it is something for nothing. Its not just about the 90minutes of football. To a lot of people a football game is a day out with added costs for food and drink..got to try and make game day a package rather than just the game.

Dont we have one of cheaper season tickets in the country? Its about 12 pounds per game. Roughly the same as going to the cinema. 

Maybe make under 16's season ticket a pound for the season. What do you think? 

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dont we have one of cheaper season tickets in the country? Its about 12 pounds per game. Roughly the same as going to the cinema. 

Maybe make under 16's season ticket a pound for the season. What do you think? 

The season ticket prices are okay, yes. However those prices were at the beginning of the season when a lot of fans felt very differently about the club, it was 7 years of garbage. Although the half season tickets sales weren't great, they never are and never have been at Rovers, that's because those who don't have a full season ticket will pick and choose games and go to more away games (usually).

15,115 on against Rochdale, make it cheap tickets for a game and you will get more than that on, this is the clubs best opportunity for years to get some fans back.

4 hours ago, scotchrover said:

You remind me very much of my dad. He went before Walker arrived (during the 70s), right up until Kean decided he was the best thing since sliced bread. He goes to the odd game now, but even now it’s not his club. It’s sad really! Hopefully the next few years will change that.

Your dad is a good man with a broken heart like me.

Just now, BRFCMAD said:

The boycotters are pathetic, Venkys are doing their best to save the club, trying to right their wrongs. Their cards are clearly on the table with their backing of Mowbray this season..

Please support the team.

Seriously...

Just now, BRFCMAD said:

Give me a break. Sorry for speaking my mind! :(

How do you get that they are trying to right their wrongs? 1.2 mil investment after selling off 30 mil worth in the last two years?

They have no choice but to invest...it's not through want, it's through necessity. 

And plaese, do not try to suggest I am racist and it's because they Indians. I'm married to an Asian wife and some of my closest mates are Indian.

Just now, JacknOry said:

How do you get that they are trying to right their wrongs? 1.2 mil investment after selling off 30 mil worth in the last two years?

They have no choice but to invest...it's not through want, it's through necessity. 

Stop harping back to the past. Its gone. Look to the future. We've a good experienced manager and a youthful exciting team to support that currently sit top of the league.

Smile!

Just now, BRFCMAD said:

Stop harping back to the past. Its gone. Look to the future. We've a good experienced manager and a youthful exciting team to support that currently sit top of the league.

Smile!

If you can forget what they have done to this club...well done. I cannot...end of.

8 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

And plaese, do not try to suggest I am racist and it's because they Indians. I'm married to an Asian wife and some of my closest mates are Indian.

Jackanory.. I am not suggesting you are racist. If you say you aren't, that's good enough for me. 

Just now, BRFCMAD said:

Well I'll hope you end up in an increasing minority, as the players and manager deserve it.

The manager is hitting the minimum expected. Why do people keep lauding him up like he is Mourinho? Any decent manager would have this squad where it is or higher...he admitted this himself.

You want a manager that is performing well and deserves huge credit, Shrewsbury's. 

Just now, JacknOry said:

The manager is hitting the minimum expected. Why do people keep lauding him up like he is Mourinho? Any decent manager would have this squad where it is or higher...he admitted this himself.

You want a manager that is performing well and deserves huge credit, Shrewsbury's. 

This is going nowhere. Goodbye.

7 hours ago, Stuart said:

Thing is, Paul, we’ve won nothing yet.

I’ve reached the heady heights of nervous hope but defeat on Sunday and suddenly we are on the back foot again. I still firmly believe Wigan will win the league but I just hope we have enough to stay above Shrewsbury and an improving Rotherham.

There is definitely a feel good around the club at the minute, which is down to the away fans, and some clever marketing from the club’s social media team - backed by enthusiastic tweeters like Bennett and Dack (maybe they have been asked to help create a better fan connection). However, it’s going to take a bit more than this to get another 10,000 fans through the Ewood turnstiles singing their hearts out.

We seem to be back to the previous times of fans complaint about other fans. Let’s just keep on keeping on. People are simply suggesting that better individual match day offers would be more likely to bring in the thousands of fans we are missing than a £90 all-in deal - especially if half of the matches could be moved and shown on Sky.  Not sure what is wrong with that.

At what point did I say there was anything wrong with it? I haven't a clue why this bit is bold!!!!

1 hour ago, BRFCMAD said:

The boycotters are pathetic, Venkys are doing their best to save the club, trying to right their wrongs. Their cards are clearly on the table with their backing of Mowbray this season..

Please support the team.

639.gif

Just now, Stuart said:

Some people on here are very very literal people. Didn’t have you pegged as one of them.

I'm not being literal, or at least I don't think I am. You may have missed the post I made responding to you earlier on page 2??

• J*B pinned this topic
1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

I hope I'm not racist. All my friends are white :huh:

11 hours ago, JacknOry said:

What I mean is, that in your post previous to this one, you are lambasting Rovers fans for not jumping on the bandwagon during this promotion push. Citing that at other clubs they would all be 'jumping' on it.

What is the difference between us and other clubs?

Other clubs have not had to endure our owners over the last 7/8 years. We have many fans, myself included that are boycotting until they are gone.

A promotion push in Division 3 is not going to convince me to come back despite how happy I am that we are finally winning games rather than losing them. Until the Venksters are gone, I will not be setting foot in Ewood again.

You feel the words below are "lambasting Rovers fans," I would have to disagree, I don't see any harsh criticism in these words. I feel the remarks ring true, we don't have fans returning to support the promotion challenge and the comments I read/hear are moans or simply people can't be bothered (apathy).

Quite right Stuart but in my experience one of the exceptions is sports, in particular football, fans. Usually when a team is successful everyone is looking to climb on the bandwagon but not at Ewood. Most fans do like to line the streets, pack the terraces. It’s why small clubs suddenly attract huge crowds for cup games.

I accept times are tough financially but at £90 for 6 games this is pretty close to what you and I pay as ST holders. I don’t have the inclination but I bet if one looked back over the past 30 years when big games came along people found the money.

The club is making the effort but regrettably is being met by apathy or moans. I feel embarrassed for the team and manager at the way some of our support reacts to their success. 

The difference between Rovers and the vast majority of clubs is Venkys, in our case, Oystons at Blackpool, etc. We all know this. Beyond this question I'm not quite sure what point you make? I admire those who stand by their principles and you're choosing to boycott till Venkys depart is to be applauded. I feel you will have to maintain this for at least another 3-5 years possibly much longer. Where I feel you are mistaken is in believing we have "many" fans who are boycotting till Venkys leave. Clearly defining "many" is impossible but if we could agree Rovers have lost +/- 10,000 regulars I would argue at best 1,000 are boycotters and the rest have lost interest, are apathetic. Based on the number of Rovers fans I know I believe 500 true boycotters would be a high figure. I'd suggest the only impact boycotting has is on the boycotter. Those who boycott are clearly very, very committed supporters but like every other form of protest to date it fails to have an impact. Venkys do not care whether or not a boycotter, or 10,000 others, are at Ewood or not.

32 minutes ago, Paul said:

You feel the words below are "lambasting Rovers fans," I would have to disagree, I don't see any harsh criticism in these words. I feel the remarks ring true, we don't have fans returning to support the promotion challenge and the comments I read/hear are moans or simply people can't be bothered (apathy).

Quite right Stuart but in my experience one of the exceptions is sports, in particular football, fans. Usually when a team is successful everyone is looking to climb on the bandwagon but not at Ewood. Most fans do like to line the streets, pack the terraces. It’s why small clubs suddenly attract huge crowds for cup games.

I accept times are tough financially but at £90 for 6 games this is pretty close to what you and I pay as ST holders. I don’t have the inclination but I bet if one looked back over the past 30 years when big games came along people found the money.

The club is making the effort but regrettably is being met by apathy or moans. I feel embarrassed for the team and manager at the way some of our support reacts to their success. 

The difference between Rovers and the vast majority of clubs is Venkys, in our case, Oystons at Blackpool, etc. We all know this. Beyond this question I'm not quite sure what point you make? I admire those who stand by their principles and you're choosing to boycott till Venkys depart is to be applauded. I feel you will have to maintain this for at least another 3-5 years possibly much longer. Where I feel you are mistaken is in believing we have "many" fans who are boycotting till Venkys leave. Clearly defining "many" is impossible but if we could agree Rovers have lost +/- 10,000 regulars I would argue at best 1,000 are boycotters and the rest have lost interest, are apathetic. Based on the number of Rovers fans I know I believe 500 true boycotters would be a high figure. I'd suggest the only impact boycotting has is on the boycotter. Those who boycott are clearly very, very committed supporters but like every other form of protest to date it fails to have an impact. Venkys do not care whether or not a boycotter, or 10,000 others, are at Ewood or not.

500 boycotters..ok.

I know the protests have had little affect and they could care less about them. I just won't be giving them any of my money anymore.

Archived