BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

Rovers    (73pts)                                                  Shrewsbury  (68pts)                                    Wigan   (67pts)                                             Rotherham   (62 pts)

Blackpool (h)  10/3/18                                        Walsall (h) 10/3/18                                     Scunthorpe (h) 10/3/18                               Rochdale (h)  10/3/18

Gillingham (a) 17/3/18                                        Scunthorpe (a)  17/3/18                            Bradford (a) 14/3/18                                    MK Dons (a) 13/3/18                     

Doncaster (a) 24/3/18                                         Wimbledon (H) 24/3/18                            Walsall (a) 21/3/18                                       Northampton (a) 17/3/18

Bradford (h) 29/3/1/8                                          Rochdale (a) 30/3/18                                 Bury (a) 24/3/18                                           Southend (a) 24/3/18

MK Dons (a) 2/4/18                                              Oxford (h)  2/4/18                                      Oldham (h) 30/3/18                                      P'Boro (h)  30/3/18                                  

Southend (h) 7/4/18                                             Northampton (a) 7/4/18                            Portsmouth (a) 2/4/18                                Charlton (a)  2/4/18                              

Bristol Rovers (a) 14/4/18                                   Bradford (a) 14/4/18                                  MK Dons (h) 7/4/18                                     Fleetwood (h) 7/4/18                    

P'Boro (h) 21/4/18                                                Charlton (h)  17/4/18                                  Rochdale (a) 10/4/18                                  Wigan (a) 14/4/18                     

Charlton (a) 28/4/18                                             Bury (h) 21/4/18                                          Rotherham (h) 14/4/18                              Gillingham (a) 17/4/18.                    

Oxford (h) 5/5/18                                                  Blackpool (a) 28/4/18                                 Oxford (h) 17/4/18                                      Bristol Rovers (h) 21/4/18 .

MK Dons (h) 5/5/18                                    Fleetwood (a) 21/4/18                                Plymouth (a) 28/4/18  .

P'Boro (h) TBC                                             Bristol Rovers (a) 24/4/18                          Blackpool (h) 5/5/18               .

Wimbledon (H) 28/4/18                                                               .

Doncaster (a)   5/5/18

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Tom pinned this topic
  • Backroom

Pinned 

Today at half time we were edging really close I felt, a long way to go but we would have had a huge psychological edge - now could go either way!

Before today I felt we needed 7 wins to be sure and we still need 7 wins.

We dropped two points today but Wigan did also.

Glad Rotherham are as far behind as they are because that looks a very easy run in for them.

I still think we are goin up but as champions now I am not too sure. But it is still very possible. The way the game panned out feels like a win for Wigan. If we won today would have put a lot of pressure on. Only thing is Wigan have only won 1 in their last 4 and that was a 1-0 win against the bottom side at home. I think they are not goin as smooth as they hope. Powell came off today so he is a loss for them. We are unbeaten in six. 10 more games where we are more than capable of winning but I feel if we remain unbeaten we could be champs. COYB?⚪️⚽️??

43 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Scunthorpe lost to Oldham on Saturday; Walsall not good enough to beat Wigan. 

Walsall playing Shrewsbury. Sorry didn't say that in my message. Never know. Dig in their heels and force a draw. Long way to go but am feeling good about promotion. Hope we wallop Blackpool at the weekend. 

6 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

6 wins and a draw = 92 points. I think/hope that will be enough for Top 2.

I think 7 wins and a draw = 95 points would do it. If we can do that then:

Shrewsbury need 9 wins and a draw from 12 = 96

Wigan need 9 wins and a draw from 14 = 96

When you look at it like that Wigan look like being Champions. I think we’ll be second if we get to 95, I don’t see Shrewsbury losing just 2 from 12. 

Long, long way to go. Wigan have still got almost a third of their matches left. Nothing is in or out of anyone's hands because no team is going to win all their remaining games. Out of our respective last 10 matches we've won 6, Shrews have won 5 and Wigan have won just 4.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, GreenRover said:

Wigan have Scunthorpe next. They could upset Wigan. Could Walsall do us a favour?????

Honestly doubt it, Walsall were the most toothless team I've seen at Ewood, should have been an absolute thumping that one 

Just now, Paul said:

When you look at it like that Wigan look like being Champions. I think we’ll be second if we get to 95, I don’t see Shrewsbury losing just 2 from 12. 

I just don't see Shrewsbury getting more than their current 2 points per game. That would only take them to 92 points. I'll stick my neck out and say if we get 90 points we'll go up automatically.

8 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

I just don't see Shrewsbury getting more than their current 2 points per game. That would only take them to 92 points. I'll stick my neck out and say if we get 90 points we'll go up automatically.

Yes I’d agree with you that Shrewsbury will at best hit 92. Many decades ago a director of the business I worked for quietly advised me “always keep something in your back pocket.” He was a man I liked and respected.

This has become a philosophy I’ve adopted in life whenever there is a “target” of some sort to achieve. The buffer if you like. Yep. 90-92 will probably do but let’s aim higher!!!!!

12 hours ago, Paul said:

That's pretty much how I see it, I think 95 will see us up, I wouldn't be confident at this stage about the "usual" 92 points guaranteeing automatic, I think that would leave things very much in the laps of the gods.

If the lesser total does turn out to be adequate so much the better.

40 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I wouldn't be confident at this stage about the "usual" 92 points guaranteeing automatic

My rationale is that Shrewsbury got 40 points from their first 17 games. They've only got 28 from their last 17 games. Unless they rediscover their form of the first half of the season it will be hard for them to get beyond 90pts.

20 hours ago, GreenRover said:

Powell came off today so he is a loss for them

I think that was more precautionary rather than an actual injury as he had already been booked and hadn't played well anyway.

42 minutes ago, Threepenny Bit Foot said:

Will games on 24/03 get cancelled for international call-ups? If so, could mean even more games to fit in for Wigan (and us?)

Ours will get called off, I doubt Wigan will call theres off (I'm guessing they have 3 internationals?) with the fixture pile up they already have.

Archived