BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

But I wouldn’t say defending well nearly every week and saving a penalty is good luck.

Think if they win today then for the first time in a while we are the outsiders and least likely to go up automatically, Wigan at home was a huge chance and we blew it just like we did against Preston last season.

Been saying that ever since, but all people keep saying is "Wigan wont keep winning, Shrewsbury wont keep winning" well they bloody are. I fully expect us to be 3rd by the time we play again.

Just now, Tom said:

Think if they win today then for the first time in a while we are the outsiders and least likely to go up automatically, Wigan at home was a huge chance and we blew it just like we did against Preston last season.

Was always the case as soon as we blew it against Wigan and matters were no longer in our own hands.

No point bemoaning our own luck because other teams keep winning. If they finish above us, good luck to them. There's still plenty of time for something to happen but if we fail to go up automatically we only have ourselves to blame after failing to convert a 2-0 half time lead at home against our closest rivals.

• Backroom
Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Was always the case as soon as we blew it against Wigan and matters were no longer in our own hands.

No point bemoaning our own luck because other teams keep winning. If they finish above us, good luck to them. There's still plenty of time for something to happen but if we fail to go up automatically we only have ourselves to blame after failing to convert a 2-0 half time lead at home against our closest rivals.

Got to agree; seen it said that we’d be unlucky not to go up with a record point total but that’s just not true, you need to get more points than all but one other team, past years mean nothing.

Had we beat Wigan we wouldn’t even be too concerned with how’s Shrewsbury are doing today and they would have been under more pressure  

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

But I wouldn’t say defending well nearly every week and saving a penalty is good luck.

It is fortunate though. Look how many pens teams have missed pens against them, chances to put games to bed, late winners etc. Part earning your good fortune, part exactly that - good fortune.

Agree with the second bit. I’m usually a glass half empty guy anyway but have genuinely thought play-offs for a while. And they would worry me big time!

Yeah they are Tom . . I've seen them a few times. Portsmouth one of them .blatant handball one of the most blatant not given as a penalty to Pompey after Pompey dominated changed the game as Shrewsbury scored shortly after ..search it.. few things gone in shrewsburys favour this season been dominated in a lot of games but scabbed a 1 nil . Yeah they are up there on some merit but alot of it is pure luck

• Backroom
Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Alright Tom get your point mate ?

I may repeat myself - but luck doesn’t tend to repeat itself so often 

Archived