BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

Just seen that the 6th round doesn't have replays any more.

So Extra time and about 15 penalties (each) to get the players properly cold hanging around for their nerve wracking turn. If it goes on long enough does Paul Cook get to take one?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Gav said:

He doesn't have an underlying message darren, or at least not one that's not been peddled for the past 7 seasons?

Why would anyone believe failure this season will be any worse than failure any other season?

I guess the MG's of this world will eventually get it right, but we have no reason to believe it'll be this season rather than any other do we?

You called administration under Mowbray less than 12 months ago. So you tell us - it's only really you and MGPensioner I've seen claim administration or the loss of the club is around the corner.

You are the MG's of this world only you have changed your tune since we started winning whereas he hasn't. You can at least have a modicum of respect for a man that sticks by his word.

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england3

Shrewsbury have only got 20 points from their last 10 games. The way things are panning out it could well be a last day of the season job like last season. The football gods owe us one so hopefully a better outcome this time.

Yes, you're right about Shrewsbury, just checked it up.I knew I'd balls it up! It remains incredibly close and could well go down to the last game of the season and even to GD, God forbid.

One of three teams is going to get an outcome they do not deserve.

1 hour ago, STFC said:

Shrews fan in peace!  First look at your board today after seeing a few of yours on our board!

Thanks to the majority of you for your well reasoned comments about our season so far, but come on BRFC4EVA, your post above is laughable!!  A side doesn’t maintain top 3 all season through luck, as I’m sure you prob really know.  You mention the Scunny and Walsall games, were you at both? Yes Scunny won the first half but they didn’t miss the penalty, it was saved by a good keeper and a good signing in the summer. We bossed the second half and hit the woodwork, so a bit of bad luck there ;). As for the Walsall game, we should have been 4 up at halftime but like so many games recently, we don’t convert good chances.  Walsall were awful but we also hit the post in that match.

Due to an amazing pre season inc a training camp abroad, we are one of, if not the fittest sides in the league and I think you’ll find that has a part to play with late goals.

So come on, a bit of respect from all sides, it’s gonna be a cracking end to the season and we are just enjoying going toe to toe with the two big teams of this league, with incomparable budgets.

Good post which prompted me to have a look at yours. Good to see so many posts from here quoted, I mean those that have been intelligently researched for stats.

Good luck to Shrews in the Playoffs :rover:

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

You called administration under Mowbray less than 12 months ago. So you tell us - it's only really you and MGPensioner I've seen claim administration or the loss of the club is around the corner.

You are the MG's of this world only you have changed your tune since we started winning whereas he hasn't. You can at least have a modicum of respect for a man that sticks by his word.

:lol:

You clearly didn't understand the question, but as you're now speaking for darren I'll humour you, I bet Reidy will be along shortly also :rolleyes:

Anyway, the question, put simply was, why is this season more important financially than any other season under Venkys?

You can phone a friend/relative if required. 

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Good post which prompted me to have a look at yours. Good to see so many posts from here quoted, I mean those that have been intelligently researched for stats.

Good luck to Shrews in the Playoffs :rover:

Haha, who’s more nervous about not getting promoted this season?!  

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Are you still wanting Tony sacking Dreams of 1995?You say "sack him" to me when i back Tonys project.?

Fan have to stick with team & manager,top of standings is not good enough when reading here site brfcs?

In Tony i trust.

24 minutes ago, STFC said:

Haha, who’s more nervous about not getting promoted this season?!  

I'm not nervous, how very dare you. 

I am friggin scared rigid of missing an auto spot, at my age I've been through enough playoff traumas and not enjoyed any of them including the one that got us to the PL.

Playoffs are the same as Cup games and I do not think we do Cups anymore.

Anyway in my ideal world you and us go up and Wigan fail. Have a sister living in Whitchurch so have had a soft spot for Shrews for years.

56 minutes ago, Gav said:

:lol:

You clearly didn't understand the question, but as you're now speaking for darren I'll humour you, I bet Reidy will be along shortly also :rolleyes:

Anyway, the question, put simply was, why is this season more important financially than any other season under Venkys?

You can phone a friend/relative if required. 

@#/?s it gotta do with me? :rolleyes: 

Nice you're thinking of me though. :wub:

7 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Less than 10 mins gone and Paul Cook already working the referee in the FA cup game

Let’s hope he succeeds and gets Wigan another game in their schedule. 

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Mark45 said:

Are you still wanting Tony sacking Dreams of 1995?You say "sack him" to me when i back Tonys project.?

Fan have to stick with team & manager,top of standings is not good enough when reading here site brfcs?

In Tony i trust.

I’m glad you have trust in him, for me he’s got 9 games to prove that trust isn’t misplaced! 

Actually maybe that’s harsh as promotion via the playoffs would still be job done so he may have 12 games!

Archived