BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Parsonblue said:

You were spot on.  Not the best game tonight but a vital three points to keep us ahead of Villa.

Tuesday’s are no good for me. They need to stick with Monday’s!

How did Lewis Thompson do?

• Backroom
36 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

He's a central midfielder. His midfield partner Godfrey is also out injured. Like us missing Smallwood and er...just Smallwood really.

I knew that obviously, I just forgot how to use words 

16 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Neither us nor Shrewsbury will win nine in a row; we just need to win as many as them.

Quite right. Until tonight however your Canadian doppleganger on the Shrewsbury message board was probably saying *Neither ourselves nor Blackburn will win all our remaining games. However we only need to win as many as them!"

Now the boot's on the other foot. All the difference in the world between having it in your own hands and not imo. We saw that last season.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Tuesday’s are no good for me. They need to stick with Monday’s!

How did Lewis Thompson do?

Came on for the last twenty minutes or so.  Did OK but, in truth, we weren't at our best tonight.  Tyler was excellent at centre-back and young Jack Evans was decent, particularly when he moved from left-back (when Thompson came on) into a forward midfield position.  

6 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Came on for the last twenty minutes or so.  Did OK but, in truth, we weren't at our best tonight.  Tyler was excellent at centre-back and young Jack Evans was decent, particularly when he moved from left-back (when Thompson came on) into a forward midfield position.  

Told you so. ;) 

7 hours ago, meadows said:

We Once had a lad named Junior Agogo I think. 

Whilst growing up I thought that was the best football name ever.

Never played for Rovers though. May not have even played against us unless he was lucky enough to get us in the cup.

Real name Manuel Agogo ??

8 hours ago, meadows said:

We Once had a lad named Junior Agogo I think. 

The years flash by so quickly he could be the Shrewsbury guy’s dad!

I knew he hadn't played for us but didn't realise he'd had a stroke at 35 until I googled him.

https://www.myjoyonline.com/sports/2017/October-30th/junior-agogo-reveals-struggles-with-speech-following-stroke.php

57 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Brilliant. How’s Powell getting on with his hamstring injury too? Games thick and fast at the wrong time for them - smell a slip up coming in at least one of the two games they have this week.

Interesting that Shrewsbury have 6 home games and only 3 away games remaining. Don't particularly see that as an advantage as it certainly appears as though their away form is as good if not better than their home form.

Amazing what events down the M6 between two other teams can do for confidence when a struggling side takes two points off a rival. Having our destiny back in our own hands makes people feel a lot better about things, but doesn't really change our job. We still have to at the very least match Shrewsbury but realistically better them to get ourselves over that line.

Hopefully a couple of absentees along with a tiring week of 3 games in 7 days will see them falter when the expectation is on their shoulders come Saturday.

Archived