BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Delighted I lost that bet. I had such a feeling Shrewsbury were going to nick a winner. 

Wigan have 3 easy games on paper coming up. Anything less than 9 points is a great result for us 

Bet365 suspended bets during a late "dangerous attack" by Shrewsbury. Honestly the longest 10 seconds of my life waiting to see if it came up with "GOAL!"

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

All this money being bet on Shrews to win and so many happy to lose. Hmmm ok I believe it.:rolleyes:

Anyway so far so good for Rovers this week, thank goodness we're not actually playing.

I would pay far more than the £20 I did to see promotion back in our own hands.

Granted if I was swinging my d8ck around claiming to have bet £000's and be happy to have lost it then I would tell myself to @#/? off, but £20? 

10 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Whilst growing up I thought that was the best football name ever.

Never played for Rovers though. May not have even played against us unless he was lucky enough to get us in the cup.

Real name Manuel Agogo ??

Was it not Einstein agogo?

Perhaps I'm overconfident after Shrewsbury dropping points last night, but I am looking forward to Wigan doing the same tonight.

I was just on the loo and was thinking this through whilst reading 'soccerstats' on my phone:

Reasons we should be fearful of Wigan

1. Obviously they go above us if they win their three games in hand

2. Their defence is better than ours

Reasons we should not be fearful of Wigan

1. Tonight's game against Walsall has UPSET written all over it. Walsall have a new manager, he's an ex player, it's his hometown club, the place will be buzzing with excitement, they're only four points off the drop and they'll be fired up like it's the game of their season (I hope). Also Wigan were playing on Sunday against a PL team in an FA Cup quarter final. They lost - will be disappointed and knackered - and now they have to come back down to earth against a team who will be fired up like mad. Their manager is a bit of a cock and he'll be going on about not being tired and being professional and blah, blah, blah. They will be tired and they will not be at their best.

2. They haven't been at their best in the league for a long time! In the past six weeks they've lost (by two goals a piece) to Southend and Blackpool. They could only beat bottom club Rochdale by one goal. They needed a last minute goal to beat Bradford (who are not great at home). They've played two top six sides and could only draw against both of those. In my opinion, against us, they were definitely not the better side. A top of the table team can keep on getting results whilst under-performing for a while, but eventually luck will run out and they will get beat. I think that defeat is definitely due.

A defeat may galvanise them of course, but there is a good reason why most promotion chasing managers prioritise the league. 

Hopefully Cook is about to learn that lesson.

23 minutes ago, RoverInverness said:

Perhaps I'm overconfident after Shrewsbury dropping points last night, but I am looking forward to Wigan doing the same tonight.

I was just on the loo and was thinking this through whilst reading 'soccerstats' on my phone:

1. Tonight's game against Walsall has UPSET written all over it. Walsall have a new manager, he's an ex player, it's his hometown club, the place will be buzzing with excitement, they're only four points off the drop and they'll be fired up like it's the game of their season (I hope). Also Wigan were playing on Sunday against a PL team in an FA Cup quarter final. They lost - will be disappointed and knackered - and now they have to come back down to earth against a team who will be fired up like mad. Their manager is a bit of a cock and he'll be going on about not being tired and being professional and blah, blah, blah. They will be tired and they will not be at their best.

2. They haven't been at their best in the league for a long time! In the past six weeks they've lost (by two goals a piece) to Southend and Blackpool. They could only beat bottom club Rochdale by one goal. They needed a last minute goal to beat Bradford (who are not great at home). They've played two top six sides and could only draw against both of those. In my opinion, against us, they were definitely not the better side. A top of the table team can keep on getting results whilst under-performing for a while, but eventually luck will run out and they will get beat. I think that defeat is definitely due.

A defeat may galvanise them of course, but there is a good reason why most promotion chasing managers prioritise the league. 

I agree but I've had a 'saver' on Wigan to win 2-1 as the second part of a double, the first part was Shrewsbury to draw 1 apiece last night. 

58 minutes ago, RoverInverness said:

I didn't get beyond 'on the loo'. It's only just gone tea-time. Bloody savages up there across t'border, I tell thee.

1 hour ago, RoverInverness said:

I 100% agreed with you.

Half an hour ago.

3-0 up now.

Archived