BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Fancy Wigan to see this one out......

If you gave me the choice of Shrews or Wigan dropping points this week it would be Shrewsbury, I just think one way or another Wigan will end up finishing top.

Just now, Tom said:

Fancy Wigan to see this one out......

If you gave me the choice of Shrews or Wigan dropping points this week it would be Shrewsbury, I just think one way or another Wigan will end up finishing top.

Not a good scoreline for us but worse for Shrewsbury !

11 hours ago, JHRover said:

Interesting that Shrewsbury have 6 home games and only 3 away games remaining. Don't particularly see that as an advantage as it certainly appears as though their away form is as good if not better than their home form.

Amazing what events down the M6 between two other teams can do for confidence when a struggling side takes two points off a rival. Having our destiny back in our own hands makes people feel a lot better about things, but doesn't really change our job. We still have to at the very least match Shrewsbury but realistically better them to get ourselves over that line.

Hopefully a couple of absentees along with a tiring week of 3 games in 7 days will see them falter when the expectation is on their shoulders come Saturday.

Shrewsbury's remaining league games:

Saturday 24th March H AFC Wimbledon
Friday 30th March A Rochdale
Monday 2nd April H Oxford United
Saturday 14th April A Bradford City
Tuesday 17th April H Charlton Athletic
Saturday 21st April H Bury
Tuesday 24th April H Peterborough United
Saturday 28th April A Blackpool
Saturday 5th May H Milton Keynes Dons

19 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I 100% agreed with you.

Half an hour ago.

3-0 up now.

Yes back then his counsel made him seem like Saruman of BRFCS :lol:

"The BRFCS members stirred at first, murmuring with approval of the words of RoverInverness; and then they too were silent, as men spell-bound. It seemed to them that the Naysayers had never spoken so fair and fittingly.... And over their hearts crept a shadow, the fear of a great danger: the end of the promotion in a darkness to which the Doom Mongers were driving them, while RoverInverness stood beside a door of escape, holding it half open so that a ray of light came through. There was a heavy silence."

:lol::lol::lol:

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

Shrewsbury's remaining games:

I would swap those for ours in a heartbeat.

17 minutes ago, Doaksie said:

Lots of winning bets tonight

Unfortunately not because I did the treble on Shrewsbury / Wigan / Shrewsbury on Saturday. 

I often back the opposition to draw / win when Rovers are in front. I don't know why as it brings no comfort when it pays.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Cherry Blue said:

Shrewsbury's remaining league games:

Recent dropped points have been against teams you potentially wouldn’t expect so I don’t put too much stock into the fixtures!

Next 3 and Last couple of games look kind to them though 

Just now, Rover_Shaun said:

Yes back then his counsel made him seem like Saruman of BRFCS :lol:

"The BRFCS members stirred at first, murmuring with approval of the words of RoverInverness; and then they too were silent, as men spell-bound. It seemed to them that the Naysayers had never spoken so fair and fittingly.... And over their hearts crept a shadow, the fear of a great danger: the end of the promotion in a darkness to which the Doom Mongers were driving them, while RoverInverness stood beside a door of escape, holding it half open so that a ray of light came through. There was a heavy silence."

:lol::lol::lol:

Going to get a drink, I promise to have no more deluded moments where I think I can foresee the future.

Bloody Walsall, are they too dim to have read the writing that was on the wall. They deserve relegation for this.

Just now, RoverInverness said:

Going to get a drink, I promise to have no more deluded moments where I think I can foresee the future.

Bloody Walsall, are they too dim to have read the writing that was on the wall. They deserve relegation for this.

I think you were just verbalising what a lot of us have been thinking, if only in hope.

If it’s any consolation I was nearly writing a similar thing in December!

11 minutes ago, RoverInverness said:

You're amongst friends. This is the place to talk boll ocks!

Walsall have been outclassed tonight by the best team in the division, according to co-commentator on Talksport2..

Hard to take, but I think he's probably right about them being the best team, I just can't imagine the likes of Evans,

or either of our full-backs getting anywhere near Wigan's squad.

They are having a rest in 2nd half and who can blame them with 3 points in the bag.

We are playing for 2nd spot IMO.

But who cares really, as long as we get there and we're in pole position for that.

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

Walsall have been outclassed tonight by the best team in the division, according to co-commentator on Talksport2..

Hard to take, but I think he's probably right about them being the best team, I just can't imagine the likes of Evans,

or either of our full-backs getting anywhere near Wigan's squad.

They are having a rest in 2nd half and who can blame them with 3 points in the bag.

We are playing for 2nd spot IMO.

Bit early for that. We're probably going to be playing catch up but not by much compared to what it was. 

As above, we need to win our games and if we do we'll get up. 

For what its worth I don't think Wigan have a better squad than us, but think they are arguably more streetwise and ruthless than we are, but it doesn't really matter. By virtually every measure available we have a better side and squad than Shrewsbury but it doesn't change the reality that they are right in there with us.

Looks like there are 2 of us chasing the one automatic promotion spot. 2 games in hand, only 2 points behind us---hard to see Wigan slipping up from there.

They have the basics right, solid defence and hard, tough midfield.

Archived