BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Just Mowbray bigging up the opposition, as usual.

Teams do tend to raise their game against those perceived as being better. We seemed to raise our home game in the FA Cup v Man U last season. 

Indeed, or our cup run under GB where we beat Swansea (3-1) & Stoke (4-1) and only narrowly lost to Liverpool in a replay. Meanwhile in the Championship we trundled along in mid table.

If teams are raising their game against us then quite frankly that's an even bigger indictment of this league, considering we've only lost five times the entire season. 

Teams raise their game and we have been guilty of lowering ours. If we went into every game like we did the Wigan one, we would beat most teams comfortably. Wigan have been here before, they hit the ground running and have ,by and large, kept that going. I honestly believe we have the better team and players

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Teams raise their game and we have been guilty of lowering ours. If we went into every game like we did the Wigan one, we would beat most teams comfortably. Wigan have been here before, they hit the ground running and have ,by and large, kept that going. I honestly believe we have the better team and players

Wigan have better full backs, and central midfield for sure.

It is crazy the gap in quality to everyone else bar Shrewsbury who have outperformed all season.

32 minutes ago, DE. said:

Indeed, or our cup run under GB where we beat Swansea (3-1) & Stoke (4-1) and only narrowly lost to Liverpool in a replay. Meanwhile in the Championship we trundled along in mid table.

If teams are raising their game against us then quite frankly that's an even bigger indictment of this league, considering we've only lost five times the entire season. 

what about Emnes against Utd last season, he was unplayable.  Now, is he even playing anywhere?

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Hate to be the one to break the news Paul, but we lost 2-0 away to Plymouth.

Sorry, yes I knew it was one in 26, got carried away! ?

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

what about Emnes against Utd last season, he was unplayable.  Now, is he even playing anywhere?

Some absolute outhouse in Turkey I believe.

With Mulgrew picked as captain for the Costa Rica game I am hoping that means that McLeish has had the sense to put him in for that game, give him his run, have a look at him, with a view to dropping him for the Hungary game on Tuesday. He needs to sit that one out for our sakes.

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Come on now, you have a fair load of shit in that England squad  :) We also have a vastly better manager B) although he isn't my cup of tea 

220px-Forbidden-151987.svg.png

Haven't a clue what you are talking about - Jake Livermore will be nicknamed the Eastern General after WC2018. Brilliant midfielder.

I'm lying

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Haven't a clue what you are talking about - Jake Livermore will be nicknamed the Eastern General after WC2018. Brilliant midfielder.

I'm lying

In fairness fair play to him after the stuff he went through.

Be typical now if you did well this time around with a bang average squad and shite manager after struggling with a number of top quality players and managers in the past. Your inevitable embarrassing exit always lights up tournaments for us over here, especially when we F*** up qualification ourselves :) It's funny because we enjoy you failing so much, yet me and all my mates passionately support English clubs. Some of the arguments I have heard between Liverpool and United fans are more passionate than the actual locals I'd say. We are a bit weird 

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

In fairness fair play to him after the stuff he went through.

Be typical now if you did well this time around with a bang average squad and shite manager after struggling with a number of top quality players and managers in the past. Your inevitable embarrassing exit always lights up tournaments for us over here, especially when we F*** up qualification ourselves :) It's funny because we enjoy you failing so much, yet me and all my mates passionately support English clubs. Some of the arguments I have heard between Liverpool and United fans are more passionate than the actual locals I'd say. We are a bit weird 

You don't need to tell us.

I have no hope for us or Southgate and think Russia is a write off. If we get out the groups I'll be happy because it's one more piss up than we have already planned.

10 hours ago, AdamRochina said:

Said all season we won't go up.. and I stick by it. All because of the last 7 years..nothing will go right for us and we shall linger in this division for years after we lose mulgrew dack Graham ect 

Can I book you for a party? 

12 hours ago, AJW said:

well at least we're not all downbeat about it ? ..... Wigan won a game we'd all expect them to win , Shrewsbury pickedup a point at Northampton but lost their captain to suspension and all of a sudden it's doom and gloom ... I would still take our remaining fixture list  over  both theirs Wigan will be playing twice a week from now until the end of season that will catch up with them and Shrewsbury have a cup final to look forward to at Wembley I still believe 90 points is the target fixture , that's 5 more wins , easily achievable for a team that has lost just since October 

Its not all doom and gloom. Its that many people are anxious as we go into the final weeks which could make or break us.

Anyone who's sanguine about our chances is a bit odd.

Archived