BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

A good season

So far... 

So. Far 

SO FAR 

Do you understand English good? 

Not to mention a greater togetherness and better management/running of the institution in a long time. Progress manifests in numerous ways.

Anxiety transmits just as much as hope, faith and belief do.

It’s likely there will be many more twists and turns along the way.

Our job is to get behind the team come what may (pun intended) and never give up. And yes that applies to hime games too!

#COYB #TMBWA

18 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Shrewsbury must be even more vulnerable - they dropped two points against Walsall.

Lets hope your right parsonblue in that Shrewsbury continue to drop more points, though probabilities show that Rovers will concede more goals. We can't afford an injured Danny Graham or Bradley Dack in these closing stages to the season.

Wigan were always likely to beat Walsall who from what I've seen are one of the easier teams to score against and I fully expect them to beat Bury as well.

I had a £50 bet on Wigan the other night which produced £31 profit. I'll be doing a Wigan/Shrewsbury double tomorrow at a fraction under 2/1 in the hope of jinxing one or both.

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Wigan were always likely to beat Walsall who from what I've seen are one of the easier teams to score against and I fully expect them to beat Bury as well.

I had a £50 bet on Wigan the other night which produced £31 profit. I'll be doing a Wigan/Shrewsbury double tomorrow at a fraction under 2/1 in the hope of jinxing one or both.

I got just under 3/1 on Betfair.

The last few weeks of this season could be very painful but profitable or very enjoyable but expensive.

Why is the honour of our players getting called up for international duty severely tempered by fear.

I fear the worst, that we lose Charlie or Darra to injuries in meaningless games, why can they not stay home like the Wigan lad, surely the stakes are too high right now.

15 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I got just under 3/1 on Betfair.

The last few weeks of this season could be very painful but profitable or very enjoyable but expensive.

I never gamble so I’m just asking out of interest. How is it people can gamble on our rivals to win? All I want today is to see Wigan and Shrewsbury lose. I guess your ideal outcome would be for both to lose and to have a successful day betting?

Why not bet on other games then you’d get double the pleasure? Backing rivals to win is surely a waste as you can’t really want them to win?

Please don’t think I’m critical I simply don’t understand how people can effectively bet against their own team. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

I never gamble so I’m just asking out of interest. How is it people can gamble on our rivals to win? All I want today is to see Wigan and Shrewsbury lose. I guess your ideal outcome would be for both to lose and to have a successful day betting?

Why not bet on other games then you’d get double the pleasure? Backing rivals to win is surely a waste as you can’t really want them to win?

Please don’t think I’m critical I simply don’t understand how people can effectively bet against their own team. 

I do not gamble either.

My view us that bets are placed to win money, nothing else.

I find it irritating yet amusing that some of those who bet on Rovers main rivals to win, because they think they will, feel a need to cleanse their souls by saying how happy they will be to lose money. In reality it's about £ £ £ £ £.

Some even deluded enough to think such bets jinx our rivals.

At the same time I do not care if people bet or win or lose. Rovers fate is up to Rovers not whether a bookie has to pay out or not.

We will finish the season in 2nd place and be promoted. This is not a betting tip ;)

Surely betting on the opposition is taking advantage of a win-win opportunity and softening the blow of a negative result.

I wouldn’t do it personally but i think the logic is that those betting are happy to lose that cash but get a softener. Kind of a reverse jinx.

The better bet, in that context, would be to bet on Shrewsbury and Wigan winning every week as a double.

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Surely betting on the opposition is taking advantage of a win-win opportunity and softening the blow of a negative result.

I wouldn’t do it personally but i think the logic is that those betting are happy to lose that cash but get a softener. Kind of a reverse jinx.

The better bet, in that context, would be to bet on Shrewsbury and Wigan winning every week as a double.

Yes I can also follow that argument.

Maybe my view is  because betting is one of the few 'vices'  that I have been spared on my sojourn through life :rover:

Well yes Stuart I do understand the logic but can’t understand why apply it!! I simply want Rovers to go up. I’m not sure how much money would outweigh that. It wouldn’t be £50 at 2/1. This means I want, utterly unrealistic, Wigan and Shrewsbury to get stuffed in every match to the end of the season. 

How could chucking away £50 every Saturday contribute to my pleasure? I really don’t get it. 

I do realise gambling is a pleasure for many but ultimately the goal must be to win not hope to lose?

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

Well yes Stuart I do understand the logic but can’t understand why apply it!! I simply want Rovers to go up. I’m not sure how much money would outweigh that. It wouldn’t be £50 at 2/1. This means I want, utterly unrealistic, Wigan and Shrewsbury to get stuffed in every match to the end of the season. 

How could chucking away £50 every Saturday contribute to my pleasure? I really don’t get it. 

I do realise gambling is a pleasure for many but ultimately the goal must be to win not hope to lose?

That’s why I don’t do it. I don’t have that kind of cash to throw away! :lol: 

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Sky Sports predicted L1 final league table.

They agree with me! Rovers fans get promotion and something to moan about in missing out on being Champions. Suits me just fine.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11719/11301140/sky-sports-league-one-predictor-wigan-title-blackburn-promoted

One side of me says if that happens I'd have no complaints either. We drew then beat Shrewsbury but could only manage two draws against Wigan. But the other side of me says there's enough games left for Wigan (& Shrewsbury) to hit a brick wall and we go up as champions.  

4 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

They agree with me! Rovers fans get promotion and something to moan about in missing out on being Champions. Suits me just fine.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11719/11301140/sky-sports-league-one-predictor-wigan-title-blackburn-promoted

I’m like you- as long as we go up, that’s all that matters. Champions would be nice, but that’s just extra in my eyes. 

9 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Avoiding them flaming play-offs would be the icing on the cake if we finish second.

31 minutes ago, Paul said:

I have to admit I do it in certain situatuions but can't explain it.

I had a fiver on Wigan not to lose when they were two down at half time. I was gutted at the end of the match and the money was no compensation so why do It?

I think because the outcome normally is Rovers win or Rovers don't win. It adds a third scenario of Rovers don't win and I get some money. Never in a million years would I want Rovers not to win over the small amount of money I receive back but I'd rather if Rovers lost I received some compensation than nothing. If I lose the money then fine, it's almost like paying for Rovers to win. 

I know that can be ripped to pieces and makes no normal sense but it's as good as I can explain it.

45 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

As much as I hope they’re right, they did it around Christmas time and had Bradford to romp the league!

45 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Avoiding them flaming play-offs would be the icing on the cake if we finish second.

Avoiding the playoffs is someting I pray for every day.

In the bigger picture playoffs run totally against the age old theory that the table never lies.

At a personal level they scare me, too many bad memories.

Archived