BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Just now, jim mk2 said:

Rovers down to 3rd as it stands

Luckily for us we play before the others do - a decent chance to turn the pressure back onto Shrewsbury if we pick up a win on Thursday night.

They play at Rochdale Friday which you would expect them to win but that pitch could be a leveller  

Just now, Tom said:

Luckily for us we play before the others do - a decent chance to turn the pressure back onto Shrewsbury if we pick up a win on Thursday night.

They play at Rochdale Friday which you would expect them to win but that pitch could be a leveller  

And you would guess another player under suspension as a consequence of today's sending off?

Just now, Tom said:

...and another suspension 

Beat me to it Darren

Shrewsbury's lack of discipline looks like its going to cost them by keep having players sent off every other game. Just hope the Rovers players are more focused and disciplined for this final run in.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I saw half of the first and all of the second.

Shrews competent, nothing more. Had a degree of luck with their goal, missed header and fortunate bounce back of knee.

Wimbledon crap.

Yep. That second half Wimbledon could play all day and would not carve out a decent change. Shrewsbury had one decent spell right at the start of the second half were they put a bit of pressure on and got a break for the goal. 

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

Well at least Shrewsbury have another suspension for the red card to Bryn Morris.

How many games 3 ?

Diesn't seem to bother em does it, we were jumping up and down that their "best" player got suspended yet they beat a team that beat us.  How many games does he not get to agogo to matches anyway?

With Wigan and Shrewsbury playing poor sides I didn't expect anything except wins for them. It is imperative we beat Bradford on Thursday to keep the pressure on Shrewsbury who I believe we are in a scrap with for second place.

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

I notice Bradford won their first game in 11, let's hope they're not hitting some kind of form.

I am sure they are, new manager and all.  Of course just in time for us.  Not to worry our rivals play league one powerhouses Oldham and Rochdale,

• Backroom
Just now, Rover_Shaun said:

Well that was a crap day. Pressure now firmly on us. Fail to win the next and its likely to be the lottery.

A win for rivals is the default now surely it’s not like we are in a relegation scrap when rivals winning is less expected.

If we get a draw on Thursday I’d be gutted but only a point behind 2nd level on games with 7 to play and Shrewsbury dropped 2 points just this week so they aren’t infallible 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Wimbledon, utter shite.

Yet, we lost to them at home. We’ve largely done well since that day, but that slow start could make all the difference...

Give over ..its over a course of a season ,Im sure shrews fans will be also be  turning it over in their head that they were 12-15pts clear of us at one stage.

All about the next nine games for us.!

Well done Shrewsbury. Keeping the Rovers honest . . .Though with (now) 2 players out suspended I think they are going to fall away at the crucial time . .

Incidentally today is the 6th Anniversary of the infamous Muamba give away game at Notlob. Time flies.

Give over?

We’ve hardly lost a game since September, yet we’re third, so that start is exactly why we are not sitting pretty.

Another aspect, of course, is Shrewsbury are having the season of a lifetime, but it was a poor start and it is why we’ve never been comfortable.

4 minutes ago, USABlue said:

I am sure they are, new manager and all.  Of course just in time for us.  Not to worry our rivals play league one powerhouses Oldham and Rochdale,

Would that be the Oldham powerhouse that took 5 points off us ? 

Archived