BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

There's no point looking at the rest of the fixtures for all 3 clubs and predicting game by game.

Well, I'm still going to do it. I am fully engaged with our promotion battle. Just like I was fully engaged with our relegation battle while you were supporting City.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK Blueboy here's my predictions for the remaining games involving 3 particular clubs. I've put a great deal of thought into this. Albeit not as much as I did while being unfairly abused over issues like the Walkers for years by likes of you. 

Rovers 4 Bradford 3

Wigan 6 Oldham 2

Rochdale 4 Shrewsbury 4

Shrewsbury 4 Oxford 0

MK Dons 1 Rovers 7

Portsmouth 4 Wigan 5

Blackburn Rovers 2 Southend 0

Wigan 4 MK Dons 1

Rochdale 5 Wigan 1

Gillingham 0 Rovers 13

Bradford 6 Shrewsbury 3

Bristol R 2 Rovers 5

Wigan 1 Rotherham 1

Shrewsbury Town 7 Charlton 1

Wigan 9 Oxford 7

Rovers 4 Peterborough 2

Fleetwood 3 Wigan 1

Shrewsbury 0 Bury 8

Doncaster 0 Rovers 8

Bristol R 3 Wigan Athletic 3

Shrewsbury 1 Peterborough 2

Charlton 4 Rovers 6

Blackpool 2 Shrewsbury 5

Wigan 5 Wimbledon 5

Rovers 0 Oxford 0

Doncaster 1 Wigan 1

Shrewsbury 1 MK 0

1 hour ago, Rover_Shaun said:

So other than being 3rd favourites for 2 promotion places what success have we had? We've done well considering the poor start Mowbray concocted, but it cannot be described as success until 7.30pm on May 6th and we are in the top 2.

Anything less and it's a disappointing season to be entering the lottery phase. Not that we'll need it as I think we are going up. But I will reserve premature plaudits until then.

Third favourites in whose opinion? 

Remember the influence we have on the energy on the pitch; so let’s stay positive please. Home and away.

As hard as it may be, there’s little point trying to calculate or double guess the outcome. Until it is mathematical impossibility we cannot allow the highs and lows of the last 9 games affect what ought to be a collective belief (supporters and team) that automatic promotion can be achieved. Just keep going.

Anything else just encourages worry and doubt.

We can do this. #COYB

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Third favourites in whose opinion? 

Check the table.

The mantra has been points on the board not games in hand ever since we went top. We can't suddenly swing to a differing opinions just because we are the ones now lagging behind.

Just now, Speedie's Gonna Get Ya said:

Remember the influence we have on the energy on the pitch; so let’s stay positive please. Home and away.

Message board comments also don't influence what goes on on the pitch either. Unless they are browsing the forum during the game. Then we are fooked ?

Just now, Rover_Shaun said:

Check the table.

The mantra has been points on the board not games in hand ever since we went top. We can't suddenly swing to a differing opinions just because we are the ones now lagging behind.

Technically can only be ‘lagging’ when we are behind on points after an equal number of games played. Need to be careful what we say to ourselves. Stay positive.

Check the table.

You said we are third favourites. That has nothing to do with the league table at the moment. Every book maker has us 2nd favourite. 

Funny how on one hand you say nothing won til the end of the season, but are now saying look at the table. Along with earlier saying that Wigan have the league "all but won" You are a confused man 

Message board comments also don't influence what goes on on the pitch either. Unless they are browsing the forum during the game. Then we are fooked ?

No. And messageboard comments do influence the frame of mind of fans prior to going to games though; so need to choose the collective ‘diet’ carefully.

3 minutes ago, Speedie's Gonna Get Ya said:

Technically can only be ‘lagging’ when we are behind on points after an equal number of games played. Need to be careful what we say to ourselves. Stay positive.

I don't get you? What has summising on the net got to to with a matchday crowd? Even in the darkest k**n days the team were supported to the hilt even if they didn't deserve it.

Just now, Speedie's Gonna Get Ya said:

No. And messageboard comments do influence the frame of mind of fans prior to going to games though; so need to choose the collective ‘diet’ carefully.

Do they hell, most Rovers fans have no clue what brfcs.com even is!

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

You said we are third favourites. That has nothing to do with the league table at the moment. Every book maker has us 2nd favourite. 

Funny how on one hand you say nothing won til the end of the season, but are now saying look at the table. Along with earlier saying that Wigan have the league "all but won" You are a confused man 

Bookies are wrong almost as much as you. Take Shrewsbury as a recent example.

Its called looking ahead. I think Wigan will win the league and after Charlton give us a duffing up we will come 2nd by winning on the last day 

Bookies are wrong almost as much as you. Take Shrewsbury as a recent example.

Its called looking ahead. I think Wigan will win the league and after Charlton give us a duffing up we will come 2nd by winning on the last day 

You said we are third favorites for promotion,  is that your monkey controlled brains opinion? Because you said it like it was fact 

You don't really make any sense in your points. So that's me done engaging with you. 

Hopefully you are right about us going up anyway 

9 minutes ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Check the table.

I agree with this. It is better to have points on the board. Like a chess game as it is our move next. Pressure can be applied but we need to just focus on beating Bradford which we are capable of doing. You have to admire Shrewsbury coz the score a goal and can see out a clean sheet. We struggle to do that but we know we can score goals. I feel if we can only concede five goals in our nine games that will get us up. Are our boys capable of that? 

59 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

OK Blueboy here's my predictions for the remaining games involving 3 particular clubs. I've put a great deal of thought into this. Albeit not as much as I did while being unfairly abused over issues like the Walkers for years by likes of you. 

Rovers 4 Bradford 3

Wigan 6 Oldham 2

Rochdale 4 Shrewsbury 4

Shrewsbury 4 Oxford 0

MK Dons 1 Rovers 7

Portsmouth 4 Wigan 5

Blackburn Rovers 2 Southend 0

Wigan 4 MK Dons 1

Rochdale 5 Wigan 1

Gillingham 0 Rovers 13

Bradford 6 Shrewsbury 3

Bristol R 2 Rovers 5

Wigan 1 Rotherham 1

Shrewsbury Town 7 Charlton 1

Wigan 9 Oxford 7

Rovers 4 Peterborough 2

Fleetwood 3 Wigan 1

Shrewsbury 0 Bury 8

Doncaster 0 Rovers 8

Bristol R 3 Wigan Athletic 3

Shrewsbury 1 Peterborough 2

Charlton 4 Rovers 6

Blackpool 2 Shrewsbury 5

Wigan 5 Wimbledon 5

Rovers 0 Oxford 0

Doncaster 1 Wigan 1

Shrewsbury 1 MK 0

One of your more realistic posts, apart from the bit about me abusing you over the Walker Trust. That never happened.

27 minutes ago, Speedie's Gonna Get Ya said:

Only if your brain is made of blancmange. If what you say were  true we'd all arrive at the game in floods of tears, and I haven't done that for weeks.

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You said we are third favorites for promotion,  is that your monkey controlled brains opinion? Because you said it like it was fact 

You don't really make any sense in your points. So that's me done engaging with you. 

Shaun saying we re third favourites ..yet we ll finish second sounds like hes covering both eventualities  regarding promotion or not .

19 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It is a fact unless only monkeys can read league tables. Thanks for the insult though.

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Shaun saying we re third favourites ..yet we ll finish second sounds like hes covering both eventualities  regarding promotion or not .

No. At the moment we are third favourites according to the table (points trump games in hand) but I think we will go up in spite of that current situation. 

Archived