BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Tom said:

Still in our hands - just!

The Bristol Rovers game now becomes the biggest of the season......so far 

There will be a few rubbing their hands together at the thought of milking the diehards of their hard earned £25 entry fees.

Just now, Stuart said:

There will be a few rubbing their hands together at the thought of milking the diehards of their hard earned £25 entry fees.

The diehards already have there tickets for Saturday Stuart!

Tonight emphasises point I was making earlier about squad needs upgraded. In my opinion I’d happily take Wigan’s squad over us but for dack who is the best player between the two. They blow teams away and we don’t. Yes we can scramble results but not really good enough for next year when quality is more evened out 

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Tonight emphasises point I was making earlier about squad needs upgraded. In my opinion I’d happily take Wigan’s squad over us but for dack who is the best player between the two. They blow teams away and we don’t. Yes we can scramble results but not really good enough for next year when quality is more evened out 

But is that because of their squad or their manager?

Squad, much more physical side, easily take max power, Powell, Egyptian guy, Vaughan, grigg, centre backs . IMO they are more ready for championship than ourselves currently 

Nathan Byrne is an excellent right back at this level too. Jacobs gets alot of crucial goals aswell.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Nathan Byrne is an excellent right back at this level too. Jacobs gets alot of crucial goals aswell.

Yes very true. Don’t get me wrong I bleed blue n white halves but sometimes you have to admit when another team is better and for me I’d say Wigan are currently better than us. Don’t see us smashing teams by 4,5 goals and getting the better of Man City. Or coming back from 2 goals against a top half team. We have a good 5,6 players but still rebuilding in my view. I find it a shame we haven’t unearthed a u23 gem this year from academy. 

Squad, much more physical side, easily take max power, Powell, Egyptian guy, Vaughan, grigg, centre backs . IMO they are more ready for championship than ourselves currently 

Disagree as I'd have Graham over Grigg and Vaughan. Their CB's are more suited to this league than say Mulgrew but Mulgrew is a better footballer who may be better suited in the division above.

As for physical, that again goes back to the manager. Any side can be physical if that's how the managers wants them to play. Power and Morsy are no more physical than Evans and Smallwood they are just more front-foot and in-yer-face. That's how Cook's teams play. It's not how Mowbray's teams play.

6 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I am looking forward to the summer transfer speculation and what if's... yet i feel it it slightly tempting fate until we go out there and finish this off. 

However... whatever we do, we need to ensure we don't have a situation where we have another summer of 11 out 12 in. Promotion "should" allow us to keep almost all of our "good" players - barring premier league pursuit (£££) of our "Stars." We should ensure pick and choose our ins and out carefully AND minimally. 

I think we need to be cautious in not ruining what is a tremendous team spirit. Any player who has participated during the majority of this season (IMO) deserve the chance to stay with the squad next year if they want. Rate them or not, the likes of Smallwood, Samuel, Williams, Raya are all very popular and core to the team unity - judging by what we see online, a main factor in why people like Chapman are desperate to be around the club. Imagine Dack getting upset because we turf Samuel out (i'm not sure he has a crap younger brother we can sign for the U19's).

As much as i'd like to say we could sell/release or easily improve on around 33% of our squad (and coaches), and can think of at least 9/10 players who are not good enough/needed, that sort of turnaround will do more damage. However, wave goodbye to Ward, Caddis, Whittingham and Feeney, that's a given.

Samuel again showing tonight he isn’t good enough, still wanting him missing chances next year because we can’t stop him hanging about with dack?

strange post 

6 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Disagree as I'd have Graham over Grigg and Vaughan. Their CB's are more suited to this league than say Mulgrew but Mulgrew is a better footballer who may be better suited in the division above.

As for physical, that again goes back to the manager. Any side can be physical if that's how the managers wants them to play. Power and Morsy are no more physical than Evans and Smallwood they are just more front-foot and in-yer-face. That's how Cook's teams play. It's not how Mowbray's teams play.

I think youd have to say, Mulgrew/Lenihan v Burn/Dunkley, Dack v Powell, Jacobs v Payne, Armstrong/Graham v Grigg/Vaughan, theres not much in any of them, the only 2 positions that they definitely have the advantage are right back and central midfield.

It is easy to look at it and think Wigan are far more impressive, but after only 1 game extra, we are on the same number of points, and we took longer to get going and adapt. Theres much to admire about both sides in what is a really poor standard in all fairness.

We're unlikely to finish above Wigan, gave them too big a start. It doesn't matter to me. 

5 points ahead of Shrews with better goal difference = 6 -----with 6 games to go for them.

Surely the odds are on us to go up?

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Surely the time would be perfect for Conway to go out on a high, hopefully, his legs are almost gone, the injuries are becoming more regularly, I dont see the merit of his new deal,

Antonsson and Chapman both shouldnt be kept, due to lack of ability and injury proneness respectively. Samuel should be moved on, Nuttall loaned out, Graham, Armstrong hopefully again plus another striker would be good, not Sam Gallagher though, found him to be lightweight this year and his record is awful this, no need to always go back to our old players.

Camps and Nolan are good suggestions, but cant see us being able to afford Nolan.

Disagree on Conway and would give him a new deal as well as a part time coaching role with youth. 

Why cant we afford Nolan?

I wouldnt sell Samuel either. Talent there just need a run of games. 

I would sign Chapman for sure as long as fitness/injuries are behind him. 

• Backroom
4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Disagree on Conway and would give him a new deal as well as a part time coaching role with youth. 

Why cant we afford Nolan?

I wouldnt sell Samuel either. Talent there just need a run of games. 

I would sign Chapman for sure as long as fitness/injuries are behind him. 

Has Conway indicated he wants to be a coach or shown signs he’d be good at it?

• Backroom
18 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

All if's and but's, but Bristol Rovers is a huge game now, lose that and this time next week we could be sat in third.

If so then we will deserve to be third. Performance levels over the past few games have been repulsive (bar the first 45 at MK Dons) and it needs to change. 

Archived