BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

Just now, WIR Second Coming said:

Not sure what all the fuss about Dack is about.. something happened??

Got a girlfriend.

He's now a 3rd rate celebrity playboy waster and is moving to London.

Gutted.

-edit-

Oh and he had a niggling injury.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saturday is still a "must win" for me.

I feel if we win at Bristol Rovers, Shrewsbury will also drop more points vs Charlton and we'll be two games away! The confidence is good today - but the players have to play as such on Saturday. The last 3 games I feel they (TM?) have been more nervous than the fans.

The "pressure" of not finishing 3rd in League 1.

I optimistically feel that IF we win Saturday - we will win out and be possibly having a title party vs Oxford. Draw, and the nerves linger and the title is bye-bye. 

Charlton tickets bought last night, Doncaster getting bought today. I missed out on PNE away in 2001, be damned if I miss it this year.

58 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Have your Donny tickets been delivered yet? Getting a bit worried my transaction online didn't go through properly...

Yes mate got them a couple of weeks ago. I rang up though not online. 

Don't know why Dack's girlfriend is even a topic of discussion. Yes she's in the limelight (barely) but he's not the first professional footballer to have a "celebrity" for a girlfriend, it's down to the player himself to be a dedicated pro and if he isn't then that's on him not his Mrs. Dack has been unreal this season and to suggest he's gone off the boil after two performances, one in which he was playing with an injury is nonsense. This lad could be playing in the prem in the future and it's down to him to make it happen and if he's a dedicated professional and scores a couple tomorrow as a start then he can s**g who he wants as the song goes! :lol: 

5 minutes ago, JayDee said:

Yes mate got them a couple of weeks ago. I rang up though not online. 

Haha just realised I got them sent to work - been unopened under a pile of crap in my in-tray for 2 weeks!

Should probably work my way through the backlog rather than be on here talking about Dack's love life.

As you were :unsure:

Just saw the Rovers-instagram-post with the scheduled matches for Wigan, us and Shrews. Some simple Dutch maths:

As I see Shrewsbury losing 2, 3 or 4 points against (a combination of) Charlton, Peterborough and Blackpool, that means we can lose 2 of our last 5. How will that work out?

Bristol (A) - Absolutely vital. If we win here, we'll make it, also because of the confidence levels we'll take into the P'boro match.

P'boro (H) - I rate them, they're still in full-battle mode. All their rivals for the play-off spots play each-other this weekend, and with them beating Rochdale, they will come to Ewood with a game plan. If we beat Bristol our home advantage and confidence-level will see us through. If we lose to Bristol, this is our biggest match of the season.

Doncaster (A) - This has 'draw' written all over it

Charlton (A) - This is the game we'll lose, with a chance we'll still have a promotion-party that day.

Oxford (H) - We'll win this one 6-1. Seriously.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Only a matter of time I'd say. West ham or someone like that will make a decent bid at some point. Id say he will stay til next season anyway 

I'm more worried that his performances will be affected in the meantime. Maybe I'm stereotyping but I wouldn't imagine she would understand much about the work ethic and dedication required to be a top championship or even Premier league player

Someone needs to give him David Bentley’s mobile number.

17 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Someone needs to give him David Bentley’s mobile number.

I'm a big fan of Bentley. His video drunk by the pool was hilarious, throwing water on Harry Redknapp likewise 

Did any of you see the show where he went playing Gaelic football in Ireland? 

2 hours ago, Butty said:

Don't know why Dack's girlfriend is even a topic of discussion. Yes she's in the limelight (barely) but he's not the first professional footballer to have a "celebrity" for a girlfriend, it's down to the player himself to be a dedicated pro and if he isn't then that's on him not his Mrs. Dack has been unreal this season and to suggest he's gone off the boil after two performances, one in which he was playing with an injury is nonsense. This lad could be playing in the prem in the future and it's down to him to make it happen and if he's a dedicated professional and scores a couple tomorrow as a start then he can s**g who he wants as the song goes! :lol: 

There have been around 3 Instagram videos posted of him in a pub over the past fortnight, whereas I didn't see 1 before they hooked back up. Concerning enough if you ask me. All irrelevant if he does the business on the field though. Just asking for scrutiny if he doesn't though 

19 hours ago, Stuart said:

Great result for us! Here’s hoping that’s the one that breaks them. Big chance to put pressure back on us but it’s as you were.

Phew!

I hope not.  I would really like Shrews to keep it up and have Wigan hit a wall.  Be nice if Shrewsbury could get promoted but not at our expense.  Would really really love it if Wigan could fall into the playoff spots after the last game.  Then Inwould like them to lose the playoff final to some horrible reffing decision.

6 minutes ago, USABlue said:

I hope not.  I would really like Shrews to keep it up and have Wigan hit a wall.  Be nice if Shrewsbury could get promoted but not at our expense.  Would really really love it if Wigan could fall into the playoff spots after the last game.  Then Inwould like them to lose the playoff final to some horrible reffing decision.

Unfortunately supporting Shrewsbury will only end badly for us. I can't see Wigan dropping off. So the sooner Shrewsbury are out of the running, the better. 

Pipping Wigan to the league is the best we can hope for in terms of them "missing out". They are an arrogant team with a dislikeable manager. In the words of Kevin Keegan, I would love it if they slip up, love it! 

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

As much as I want some karma for Wigan after they relegated us, this season I only care about Rovers getting promoted.

57 minutes ago, Stuart said:

As much as I want some karma for Wigan after they relegated us, this season I only care about Rovers getting promoted.

The only people responsible for our relegation are Venkys.

I don't care who goes up as long as we are one of them

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

...or the old git supporting FUP and anyone who has a problem with my views on that can sod off. They just happened to be the opposition the night Rovers were relegated in 2012 though. Would you want karma on Brentford because they didn't concede more goals? United didn't relegate Rovers in 1999 either and they were hardly celebrating a draw given their own circumstances that night. As you say though promotion (preferably automatic and nobody is gonna be smashing up Ewood for finishing 2nd) for Rovers the key thing. Can't do anything about Wigan anyway especially at this stage.

I pretty much conceded the title to Wigan at the start of this season anyway. OK maybe "conceded" is a bit strong but I did consider them favourites. Did say that I considered Rovers equal favourites recently. No guarantee Wigan will win all their remaining games though.

4 minutes ago, AlanK said:

The only people responsible for our relegation are Venkys.

I don't care who goes up as long as we are one of them

True enough. But Wigan fans enjoyed it more than most...

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

True enough. But Wigan fans enjoyed it more than most...

They just happened to be there that night. Virtually any fans would taunt someone being relegated or still fighting for survival. Cases like Villa last season perhaps being an exception and dependent on circumstances. Still think Rooney was pathetic attacking Sunderland fans for cheering in 2012. What else were they supposed to do show sympathy for a thug and his arrogant teammates/fans? OK United are an exceptional case when it comes to taunting misfortune, etc but some Wigan fans probably bought into the rubbish about Kean being mistreated by Rovers fans. Others were probably just being typically obnoxious football fans.

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

if Rovers did get promote I would look at Liam Bridcutt at Forest he is not part pf Karanka team

Could that be as he's not good enough? I'm not saying he is or isn't (don't know enough about the guy) but since it's you saying it that's my initial suspicion. Plus Karanka is a manager who's been promoted (from the Championship) more recently than Mowbray. Then again whatever happens it's hardly comparable to Peter Reid selling Colin Hendry and rating Keith Curle more highly. Wonder why Reid didn't ask himself why someone like Dalglish wanted him? Bit of a random example I guess but something that crossed my mind earlier for some reason.

Archived