BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

And now we are second and 5 points ahead so chill out..

We had a bad start but we have recovered and second now. Who respinsible for us being 2nd? Oh yes Mowbray and players

So you won't answer my question then I'll do it for you. If Mowbray gets the praise (quite rightly) for where we are now he has to take criticism for the poor start.

Irrefutable.

And now we are second and 5 points ahead so chill out..

We had a bad start but we have recovered and second now. Who respinsible for us being 2nd? Oh yes Mowbray and players

As @arbitro rightly pointed out, why does Mowbray get the praise from you if we win, and the players get the blame if we dont?

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Thats what I just said, I havent come across them. Please can you show me.

Look yourself pal. I aint doing for you. 

Just now, arbitro said:

So you won't answer my question then I'll do it for you. If Mowbray gets the praise (quite rightly) for where we are now he has to take criticism for the poor start.

Irrefutable.

He got plenty criticism at the time from everyone. Some wanted a manager change and some said stick with Mowbray and we will be top 2 by end of the season

Just now, roversfan99 said:

As @arbitro rightly pointed out, why does Mowbray get the praise from you if we win, and the players get the blame if we dont?

Both manager and players get it whether we win or lose or draw. 

But I said stand by him and we go up. We are 5 points clear still of Shrewsbury. With 4 to play. 

Look yourself pal. I aint doing for you. 

He got plenty criticism at the time from everyone. Some wanted a manager change and some said stick with Mowbray and we will be top 2 by end of the season

Both manager and players get it whether we win or lose or draw. 

But I said stand by him and we go up. We are 5 points clear still of Shrewsbury. With 4 to play. 

But you still haven't given me a clear answer. Was Mowbray responsible for the poor start in the same way he is responsible for the good form over the last few months?

I'll settle for a simple yes or no

See a few posters saying Shrewsbury play Bury who are down, so its a nailed on win? Football doesn't work like that as we all know. Bury now a team with no pressure at all, some players will be looking to impress. Nothing is nailed on. I'm happy with our league position quite relaxed about our prospects of going up.

7 minutes ago, pk1875 said:

See a few posters saying Shrewsbury play Bury who are down, so its a nailed on win? Football doesn't work like that as we all know. Bury now a team with no pressure at all, some players will be looking to impress. Nothing is nailed on. I'm happy with our league position quite relaxed about our prospects of going up.

Yep my thoughts earlier today. It’s not at all unusual for relegated teams to relax and play well. 

While I know this is no consolation after yesterday it seems to me Wigan, Shrewsbury, ourselves are all stuttering. Fulham did and to an extent Wolves. City blew it last weekend. Nerves and tiredness hit players when WE least want it to. 

Just now, JHRover said:

Don't know how Manchester fits into that. I could understand the club arranging a property for a player and helping them secure it and empty it but don't see why it is the clubs job to own/lease a property for players to live in. 

Clubs have to look after players in order to attract them I assume. Probably a legacy of the Prem days. Some players want to live in Manchester rather than the Ribble Valley.

Just now, den9112 said:

I would have said Richard Brown ,and he uses just like Dickie did....

King Kenny's use of his arse was exemplary. Dack is similar in that respect, his big arse works in his favour when retaining possession, holding players off and turning.  

1 hour ago, mrsusan said:

Bradley dack looks like a chubby Chinese baby with wind

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

One thing for sure is that if he doesn't always want to be known as one of "Liv's Fellas" he better curb the drinking.

He's only 24, but he's not all that far away from that first shocking and terrible moment when you first feel your hangover has continued into it's 2nd day.

I'll refer everyone back to the infamous Ronaldo Rooney comparison which is more apt now than it's ever been. . . Comparatively one (the drunk) is completely knackered (and has been for a few years) and the other (older teetotaller one) is still winning Champions League Quarter Final matches with spectacular aplomb.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

But you still haven't given me a clear answer. Was Mowbray responsible for the poor start in the same way he is responsible for the good form over the last few months?

Many have asked, none have received. :(

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

A quote from the Sun article on Dack:

"He ran off but was caught by police and arrested.”

I knew he wasn't particularly quick but getting caught by the police after running off? 

Indeed, you don't have to be particularly fit to be in the police.

Strange times. Maybe he'd accidentally tied his shoes together?

. . . . .or perhaps they got the helicopter out?

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

It’s completely unprofessional and if Mowbray panders to it will make things worse. He is in poor form at the minute and is reportedly playing the man about town. No coincidence between the two. Sounds like he’s gone “Full Gillingham”.

He needs bringing down to earth. Drop him and promote Armstrong.

Raya

Travis - Lenihan - Mulgrew - Williams

Payne - Bennett - Smallwood - Conway

Armstrong

Graham

I used to know a lad who was a First Division and England U-23 player. I'd played against him as a young player. He got a big money move down south and I lost touch with him. He wasn't the most skilful player but he always gave 110% and he was an awkward customer to play against.

I was watching my local cricket team one Saturday afternoon and the lads brother played for our opponents. When I was stood at the bar the lad I knew came and stood next to me"

I said " Hiya Dave , long time no see. What would you like to drink, a pint ? "

He said " No thanks, Orange juice please Tyrone, there'll be plenty of time for drinking when I retire ".

Obviously this was in the close season when he could have had a beer or two but he really looked after himself. He made the absolute most of what ability he had and he played at a good level for most of his career.

19 minutes ago, arbitro said:

A quote from the Sun article on Dack:

"He ran off but was caught by police and arrested.”

I knew he wasn't particularly quick but getting caught by the police after running off? 

Running fast whilst perhaps pissed and with a gut full of plonk is not easy.....or so I've been told...

Maybe he stopped to puke up or got a stitch.

This is the first I know about this story, was it kept quiet at the time.

Being serious ... it is very disappointing to be surfacing at this time in our season.

Thursdays team selection will be very telling.

6 hours ago, 47er said:

I can't see us winning 4 out of 5 games the way we are playing.

30 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Just an observation despite drawing the last two no one in league 1 has gained more points than us over the last five games. We are +3 on the shrews and +1 on the pie men over that period

As Roger has said, our form is better than both Shrewsbury and Wigan and so, if it’s unlikely we’ll win 4 games, it’s just as unlikely (maybe even more so) that Shrewsbury and Wigan will win 4 games. 

I know it’s part of the nature of a football fan to be pessimistic, but I’m actually quite confident that we’ll finish in the top 2

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

To my mind, it’s in the difference between accountability and responsibility. Mowbray is accountable for where the team finishes, no question. I’d say he was primarily responsible for the bad start and was thus accountable to turn the ship around, making him responsible for the subsequent resurrection (62 out of 81 must be our best ever run of that length). Who’s responsible for us dropping two points yesterday - primarily Williams and Graham, - but for their egregious errors, we’d have won the game no matter what Mowbray did. Who’s responsible for Dacks loss of form - Dack. Who’s accountable for doing something about it - Mowbray.

4 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Running fast whilst perhaps pissed and with a gut full of plonk is not easy.....or so I've been told...

Maybe he stopped to puke up or got a stitch.

This is the first I know about this story, was it kept quiet at the time.

Being serious ... it is very disappointing to be surfacing at this time in our season.

Thursdays team selection will be very telling.

He wasn't as newsworthy then. Now he is with this reality tv tart the red tops will be all over him. This situation calls for some kind of damage limitation press release from Rovers or it could really escalate.

Archived