BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

So if we win thursday and shrews don't win on weekend, then a win at donny gets us promoted. Shrewsbury do play bottom bury so id expect them to win that, but maybe not. If they do win then we hope they don't win Tuesday against posh and we win Tuesday and we are promoted. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Shrewsbury will surely get 3 points at home to Bury. Anyone else I would say they would struggle, but not Bury 

Football is a funny game. Who would have had West Brom down as beating Man Utd at Old Trafford? Bury showed tonight they're still up for a fight, and they're playing with no pressure now whilst Shrewsbury know more dropped points will signal the end. 

• Backroom

Huge result tonight but we need to make sure we don’t match it with a home loss on Thursday.

A win puts us pretty much at match point. 

Lets get it done boys!

3 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

They have on their boards - suggesting they use the remaining games to learn how to score goals and play football again for the playoffs. Not a single shot on target at home.

Ouch.

Promotion run ins tend be be decided not by how many you score, but how many you let in. Over the previous 6 games we have conceded 2 and Shrewsbury 8. Raya, Lenghan and Mulgrew have made the difference IMO, all have been immense,

Home and dry now. Shrewsbury played twice knowing they could make up ground against us and failed both times, actually falling behind in real terms. They won’t bounce back from that.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Shrewsbury will surely get 3 points at home to Bury. Anyone else I would say they would struggle, but not Bury 

I think their result against Doncaster tonight showed they aunt rolling over for anyone.

Just now, Claytons Left Boot said:

Two wins and a draw from our final four games will do it. 

Matching or beating Shrews results will do it. They are struggling worse than we are and now have another injury (though not sure how serious) of another key player. Think they will wave the white flag now.

Just now, den said:

They could even be thinking of resting players for the play offs.

Thats the consensus on their boards. Fans admitting defeat and want to rest players and use the remaining games as a mini-preseason to try new stuff out.

Just now, Mercer said:

This should be a nerveless MB tonight.

Smash Posh and it's over.

The fat lady is already singing.

A quiet celebratory red for me tonight.

We celebrate nothing until we are up.

Maybe you could toast Stanley and quietly hope that they are hosting Sunderland rather than us next season.

On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 23:54, blueboy3333 said:

I just don't see Shrewsbury getting more than their current 2 points per game. That would only take them to 92 points. I'll stick my neck out and say if we get 90 points we'll go up automatically.

Called this shizzle weeks ago. 3 points Thursday and we're up. Mercer calling it now? Don't make me larf. Put a cork in it, son. I'll drink a  a Blue Nun spritzer to that. Bottoms up....

Just now, Stuart said:

We celebrate nothing until we are up.

Maybe you could toast Stanley and quietly hope that they are hosting Sunderland rather than us next season.

Come on let go, Shrewsbury have gone and they aint coming back. 

I think we have enough points now - can't see Shrews taking 6 points from 4 games which is what they need with our goal difference.

Just now, Mercer said:

Come on let go, Shrewsbury have gone and they aint coming back. 

I think we have enough points now - can't see Shrews taking 6 points from 4 games which is what they need with our goal difference.

You could well be right. But let’s wait until it’s confirmed before the premature celebrations.

The fact you are pointing to what the Shrews won’t do rather than what Rovers will do tells it’s own story.

Archived