BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really did not expect that result, very happy for it though.  Not breaking out the party hats just yet, Thursday is massive.

Wigan pretty relentless.  Funny feeling if Shrews hit the playoffs they are not going to make it, shame really cos they've been right with us lately and a long way ahead at one point of the season.  Any other year they'd have been on the beach already, kinda feel for em and if they and not us end up in the playoffs then I hope they win them.

7 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Their gaffer has also been limiting game time to Stefan Payne; their top scorer. Rumours of a potential bust up.

When I watched them they had a busy guy playing up front who put himself about a lot but was always going to be a blunt instrument goal scoring wise. The other central striker was more of a goal poacher who didn't run about much but looked like he could be sharper in front of goal.

Which one's Payne ?

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When I watched them they had a busy guy playing up front who put himself about a lot but was always going to be a blunt instrument goal scoring wise. The other central striker was more of a goal poacher who didn't run about much but looked like he could be sharper in front of goal.

Which one's Payne ?

Morris is the one who puts himself about, Payne the poacher, he was injured in the warm up yesterday and didnt come on as a result.

Just now, Rover_Shaun said:

We will win. Shrews will suffer a shock draw to Bury leaving us 7 clear with 9 to play. Then we will beat Doncaster and it's all over.

“Choose mogga, choose failure...”

42 minutes ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Egg on face but in defence he should be winning the title with the best of everything ?

If Mogga was just a warm body in the dugout because of all the bountiful resources he had, you are in effect saying we should be heaping all the praise and thanks on Venkys.....

2 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

We will win. Shrews will suffer a shock draw to Bury leaving us 7 clear with 9 to play. Then we will beat Doncaster and it's all over.

I see it similarly, although I think we will paste Posh and their reaction will be to take points off the Shrews Tuesday.

We will beat Donny and an hour of Benno fist pumps will mean I miss the last train back to Sheff.

Taxi to the Dev Cat which is open till 1.

Recover in time for Friday ready for the weekend in London.

Booshka.

• Backroom
8 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

I see it similarly, although I think we will paste Posh and their reaction will be to take points off the Shrews Tuesday.

We will beat Donny and an hour of Benno fist pumps will mean I miss the last train back to Sheff.

Taxi to the Dev Cat which is open till 1.

Recover in time for Friday ready for the weekend in London.

Booshka.

Oooh, Matron!

21 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

If Mogga was just a warm body in the dugout because of all the bountiful resources he had, you are in effect saying we should be heaping all the praise and thanks on Venkys.....

Eh? Best training facilities, best home ground facilities. Very very forgiving crowd (as venkys know).

• Backroom

I can't see us being caught now. Huge, huge result tonight when it looked like we were going to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Then Bradley Dack said I don't think so. 

• Backroom

Technically Shrewsbury now have to at the very least win 3 of their last 4 to have any hope of coming second. Realistically they are going to need to win all four whilst hoping we only pick up three points from our last three games.

Wigan -    Fleetwood (A)  Bristol Rovers (A) AFC Wimbledon (H) Doncaster (A) ............... 90 points

Rovers -  Doncaster (A), Charlton (A), Oxford (H) ......... 90 points

Shrewsbury -    Bury (H) Peterborough (H) Blackpool (A) MK Dons (H) .......... 82 points

I hope the pie-eaters choke.

Just now, DE. said:

Shrewsbury's run in from this point isn't too bad, but one slip up and it's essentially game over. 

They've got to have more than one eye on playoffs now and with a small squad (hopefully) its time to rest players.

Archived