BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, philipl said:

We cannot complain that Rovers are not doing the necessary on this run in thus far.

We got the points back on Shrewsbury and then have matched them- W4 D1 both clubs in the last five. 

Keep it going and we are up. 

Vocal support was pretty good last night and I liked the togetherness of the team at the end showing their appreciation for us being there as 12th man.

As fans we've had hard times over the past years (vast understatement I know!) so its fantastic to be part of this era. Looking round Ewood last night there was more than usual pockets of determination. We are up for the fight. Could be a massive season for the history books. 

COYB:rover: 

2 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Absolute joke re: Charlton. I thought it had already been decided - already booked the digs!

Fingers crossed it stays on the original date.

It should stay on the 28th but they could frig about with the kick off time. It's not good when fans are trying to take advantage of cheaper prices by booking the transport early.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/tv-fixture-hell-premier-league-football-league-sky-sports-bt-sport

I think we can forget Wigan. They will go up. Just needs the shrews to draw.

Gives us the chance to go 3 clear with a far superior goal difference. Takes the pressure off then when we can afford 1 blip

50 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It should stay on the 28th but they could frig about with the kick off time. It's not good when fans are trying to take advantage of cheaper prices by booking the transport early.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/tv-fixture-hell-premier-league-football-league-sky-sports-bt-sport

I will be absolutely gutted if the game gets moved, because I probably won’t be able to go. I’ve been to so many away days, and spent so much money this season following the team round. I know for a fact I won’t be on my own either! The thought that we might get promoted in that game, and I won’t be able to go, because Sky have selected it and moved it to midweek, is unbearable. I’ve paid for a hotel and accommodation down there too, also like many others.

This needs raising at the next club-fans meeting. The club should then raise it at an EFL meeting, which I’ve no doubt would gain lots of support from other teams across the football league, who’ve had their games shifted to unreasonable days and times. 

The EFL should be in charge of Sky, not the other way round!

The team finishing third could potentially be 20 points ahead of fourth place, and 30 points of 6th, and not go up. When it’s so big a gap those teams 3-6 don’t deserve the play-offs.

5 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Yeah we are definitely chasing one spot, Wigan even have an advantage against Pompey on Monday as they play at Walsall tomorrow,

so have an extra days rest.

Absolute joke and farcical for us and Shrews. Guessing Sky are the culprits. Wigan will p*ss on them if they’re having to play twice in 48 hours.

6 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Absolute joke and farcical for us and Shrews. Guessing Sky are the culprits. Wigan will p*ss on them if they’re having to play twice in 48 hours.

The game isn't on Sky.

Walsall had players called up for international games and their game last week was postponed due to it. I'm guessing that Walsall asked the EFL if they could move their game back 24 hours so that the players that were called up had an extra days rest.

• Backroom

Think we had a real chance to unsettle Wigan but slipped up against them, as it is I can’t see past them winning the league.

Still in our hands, do our bit and we go up! (Thanks captain obvious)

Archived