BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's hard to believe now but 20 years ago City were in the doldrums having sunk into the third division for the first time in their history. They came back at the first attempt under Joe Royle and are now one of the world's richest and biggest clubs. I'm sure our owners have similar vision for Rovers. :(

• Backroom

With their captain out and the size of their squad fair play to them if they clinch promotion they’ll have more than earned it.

Charlton could well stay as it is -

Fulham v Sunderland is the Friday night game.

Middlesbrough v Millwall, Saturday 5.30pm

However, noticed that Sky have live PL games on the Sunday at 14.15 and 16.30 - leaving a free slot at 12.00

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Tom said:

With their captain out and the size of their squad fair play to them if they clinch promotion they’ll have more than earned it.

Since Ogogo's suspension they've gotten 6 points out of 9 so it hasn't really affected them yet. We'll see if it has an impact long term. By the sounds of it, it would be the equivalent of us losing Mulgrew.

12 minutes ago, DE. said:

Since Ogogo's suspension they've gotten 6 points out of 9 so it hasn't really affected them yet. We'll see if it has an impact long term. By the sounds of it, it would be the equivalent of us losing Mulgrew.

Agreed, albeit which a much smaller squad for them. Many of their stand ins are loanees.

25 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Charlton could well stay as it is -

Fulham v Sunderland is the Friday night game.

Middlesbrough v Millwall, Saturday 5.30pm

However, noticed that Sky have live PL games on the Sunday at 14.15 and 16.30 - leaving a free slot at 12.00

A decision would be nice, I want to go!!!!!!

19 minutes ago, DE. said:

Didn't they lose another centre back at Rochdale with a fractured cheekbone? If so it he would be unlikely to play again for a while.

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Just shows you need to take it handy in training at this time of the year. 

The fitness is there. Just ball work. Of course freak accidents can happen

Unfortunate for him and them, but good for us. I hope they win the play offs and he is in the championship next year 

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Jim Royle said:

Perfect: no

enjoyable: yes

but hey, not on here with the nay sayers

Now you’re just putting words in people’s mouths to score points, please don’t. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with people having observations about our matches. A lot more happens in 90 minutes than just the goals which are scored, so it stands to reason that said events will be discussed.

It’s a bit childish to label anyone a ‘moaner’ if they’ve got legitimate concerns.

2 hours ago, Paul said:

A decision would be nice, I want to go!!!!!!

A decision would be nice, absolutely.  I can book my Eurotunnel booking then, hopefully seeing us promoted at Charlton in the process!

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Now you’re just putting words in people’s mouths to score points, please don’t. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with people having observations about our matches. A lot more happens in 90 minutes than just the goals which are scored, so it stands to reason that said events will be discussed.

It’s a bit childish to label anyone a ‘moaner’ if they’ve got legitimate concerns.

Sorry sir!

I’ll run my next post pass you first - see I really can be childish

We are top, yes I know it’s div 3 but it must be twenty years since we were top of a division. I’m enjoying it and so are all the folk I travel the length and breadth of country with. I would therefore expect more comment on the 8-9 players doing very well for us week in week out. It’s very easy to pick fault on players - I don’t understand why Antonsson gets picked every game he is fit for, but realise that TM knows more than us all on here, I would not have said that about his predecessor! Perhaps I am wrong as the first thing I heard from a fellow rover walking out of MK having hung on for the crucial 3 points was that Raya can’t kick a ball; hell he’d just made 3 worldies.

Archived