BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wigan and Rovers battling it out for the championship.

a Rovers win Tuesday and a defeat for Wigan would do nice.

just a thought I have altered my promotion date for Rovers to the Doncaster away game⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Where did I get four? I was seeing double after checking our result 

If they'd had had four sent off the referee would have been forced to abandon the game. Isn't it a minimum of eight on each side minimum?

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm not sure actually, I think it's that many in fifa anyway :)

I remember a fixture between Sheffield United and West Brom being abandoned. 3 Sheffield U players were sent off and 2 were injured with no substitutions left. Megson was angered by the behaviour of Warnock and his team calling it a disgrace and that they would walk off the pitch if forced to replay. Warnock of course just berated another manager for daring to celebrate a win. Not a hypocrite in the slightest are you Neil? It might be different in some countries but I'm assuming in England the rule "less than 7 players" is still the same. I remember first time I saw a Warnock team at Ewood when Rovers beat Sheffield United 5-0 in 2000. A home game that season where Rovers actually made the most of their chances lol. The memory isn't that clear since its 18 years ago (there's games in 97/98 I remember far more clearly) but do remember feeling they were a dirty side that day.

In any event West Brom were awarded a 3-0 win. That's actually what the score was though I've seen cases of teams being awarded 3-0 wins (for anything from crowd trouble, number of players, etc) so that seems to be the usual procedure. I don't know if its happened in England since them at Football League level. I'm absolutely certain it hasn't happened at Premier League level since then. I don't think its happened in the top flight at all since 1992 though I'm sure it happened in the old Division 1 at some point.

56 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If they'd had had four sent off the referee would have been forced to abandon the game. Isn't it a minimum of eight on each side minimum?

Glasgow Celtic had four players sent off in the infamous " Battle Of Montevideo " against Racing Club and the game carried on. Dirtiest game I've ever seen. The sight of  Tommy Gemmell kicking the Racing Club player in the nuts then running off still cracks me up.

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Glasgow Celtic had four players sent off in the infamous " Battle Of Montevideo " against Racing Club and the game carried on. Dirtiest game I've ever seen. The sight of  Tommy Gemmell kicking the Racing Club player in the nuts then running off still cracks me up.

Didn't exactly entice more European clubs to get involved in the competition. One of Celtic's players refused to leave after being sent off and ended up finishing the whole game!

8 hours ago, Stuart said:

£6 in Blues or £25 in Legends with a bit of buffet thrown in?! No chance.

Getting a bit silly now.

A7B63C0A-B8B6-4870-9CBA-BA093665CB5F.jpeg

£6 in Blues, probably standing for a couple of hours and unable to see properly. No thanks. 

£25 in Legends?? I decided to go and on a second look noticed the price. Changed my mind on that one. I can take my wife out for lunch on that. Alternatively The Clog and Billycock do morning coffee, a guided two hour walk and three course special lunch for £21 - granted not on that day.

Just now, Paul said:

£6 in Blues, probably standing for a couple of hours and unable to see properly. No thanks. 

£25 in Legends?? I decided to go and on a second look noticed the price. Changed my mind on that one. I can take my wife out for lunch on that. Alternatively The Clog and Billycock do morning coffee, a guided two hour walk and three course special lunch for £21 - granted not on that day.

Looking at the photo, maybe they are actually beaming back a game from ‘95. Hence the expense. Hope it’s VE Day....

Even Dunny can’t believe the price. Think Garns is having a second read too.

Just now, philipl said:

Just watched Wigan v MK Dons.

MK just gave up- disgusting non-performance.

They certainly did a massive favour to Wigan’s GD in the event we are both tied on points.

At the same time teams still see Rovers as a scalp and we are like nervous wrecks. We have such a weak forward line. Thank goodness for Dack and for Mulgrew’s free kicks or we would be struggling for a play-off place.

12 minutes ago, philipl said:

Just watched Wigan v MK Dons.

MK just gave up- disgusting non-performance.

I think we are to blame for that. We gave them hope of getting something there after playing them and almost letting then back in. Their manager said something along the lines of "we showed how good we are v Blackburn, so we go to wigan with no fear" He thought they would have a go, but Wigan were obviously in clinical form. 

Still Wigan have shown they have blips in them  so whether they beat mk dons 1-0 or 5-1 is irrelevant really 

Archived