BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Backroom
Just now, Cherry Blue said:

Guess so just frustrated with a very poor Bradford side.

Don't worry mate, they were poor against us too and we took 6 points off them this season :) no point putting any faith in the teams below the top three in this division, they're all different shades of terrible. We just need to hold our nerve and win as many as possible to ensure auto promotion.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cherry Blue said:

Absolute rubbish by Bradford but you have to give it Shewsbury they all give 200%. Anyone who says they will slip up is wrong. They are a good side.

We need to win all our games now or its the lottery playoff with a possible final day down at Spurs.

I don’t understand your post.

Shrewsbury slipped up this evening by failing to beat a team you describe as “absolute rubbish.”

We need 3 wins and 2 draws to guarantee promotion if Shrewsbury win the next 5. Why do you say we need to win all our matches?

Just now, DE. said:

Eh? Didn't they slip up tonight and get a player sent off?

They may well win all their remaining games 5 nil, and pip us to promotion on the final day but Shrewsbury's well organised bunch of journeymen are currently bottling it. 

Just ask Tim Flowers...

• Backroom
Just now, garnersfags said:

They may well win all their remaining games 5 nil, and pip us to promotion on the final day but Shrewsbury's well organised bunch of journeymen are currently bottling it. 

Just ask Tim Flowers...

To be fair I think a long season is just starting to catch up with Shrewsbury. They've done well and the only three that deserve to get promoted this season are the top three, it isn't even close. Happy to cheer them on in the playoffs, but until then... 

As it stands, Shrewsbury's next game will be a prelude to the same 2 teams meeting in the first play off game. Adds another little dimension to the psychology of the fixture. 

Win on Saturday and it will be hard to imagine not going up.  

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

One game closer!

Every game that passes that we match their result is a huge leap forward.

They don’t play till Tuesday now, let’s make sure when they play again they are 7 behind  

Off to the game on saturday (just down the road so it would be rude not to) strangely more nervous now than I was on Tuesday evening, will have to be on good behaviour as right in the middle of the home fans....

Just now, Rover_Shaun said:

Even more galling that but for the limp showing at Gillingham we could have been 9 clear instead of a possible 7 before the Shrews play again.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

4 out of their last 5 games are at home (all their next 3 are), given the choice it’s how I would have liked to seen our fixtures fall, despite our home/away records being similar.

All factually accurate but most of us are giddy with genuine anticipation for the 1st time this season, as we can now slip up and still go up. Always tempered by the fact that V***ys will find a way to ruin our fun but we are almost there. 

Phew.

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

4 out of their last 5 games are at home (all their next 3 are), given the choice it’s how I would have liked to seen our fixtures fall, despite our home/away records being similar.

They’ve won 4 out of 7 at home in 2018. They’ll do well to win all 4 remaining 

This may even release Tony from his mental shackles and allow us to go all out to catch and fly past Wigan as they enjoy their own over-confident end of season melt down.

I genuinely believe we have the squad to win all 5 games but we need to be brave enough to play a right back at right back. How revolutionary!

Come on, Tony. Live a little!!!!!

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Not on open sale till Tuesday, 1875 members sale starts tomorrow.

Just tried to buy on line and it wont sell them to me even though i am a season ticket holder and 1875 member must be the web site again had trouble before .

Archived