BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Shrews can't say us and Wigan aren't giving them a chance. We look done for the season and have done since Southend, so let's hope Shrewsbury keep stumbling. I wouldn't fancy our chances in the playoffs right now. 

• Backroom

What we didn’t want to do is give Shrewsbury hope but that’s just what we’ve done.

Would have been nice knowing that Shrewsbury had to go into their game and win to keep it as it was pre kick off today, as it is they’ve got the chance to cut it down to a one game swing with their next match being at home to an already relegated team 

Wigan -   Oxford (H)  Fleetwood (A)  Bristol Rovers (A) AFC Wimbledon (H) Doncaster (A) ............... 87 points

Rovers -  Peterborough (H), Doncaster (A), Charlton (A), Oxford (H) ......... 87 points

Shrewsbury -  Charlton (H)  Bury (H) Peterborough (H) Blackpool (A) MK Dons (H) .......... 82 points

Two more wins for us and we finish on 93 points. Shrewsbury would have to win four games out of their last five to overtake us on 94 points.

23 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Wigan -   Oxford (H)  Fleetwood (A)  Bristol Rovers (A) AFC Wimbledon (H) Doncaster (A) ............... 87 points

Rovers -  Peterborough (H), Doncaster (A), Charlton (A), Oxford (H) ......... 87 points

Shrewsbury -  Charlton (H)  Bury (H) Peterborough (H) Blackpool (A) MK Dons (H) .......... 82 points

Two more wins for us and we finish on 93 points. Shrewsbury would have to win four games out of their last five to overtake us on 94 points.

That’s assuming we lose two games also! 

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Shame we haven't got at least one win from the last two games, but that's football. Hammer blow that goal today, but the lads need to man up and go again Tuesday v Peterborough. This is going right to the wire. 

Thursday old bean

26 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

A win and two draws would take us to 92 points also, meaning Shrewsbury would need to either win four or win three and draw two of their last five games (assuming there isn't a massive swing in goal differences that is) to overtake us. 

14 minutes ago, Rover_Shaun said:

If buts and maybes. It should have been a breeze with this squad and budget. 

Bloody last sodding crappy minute!! Grrr

It has been a breeze but it's a freak year where 3 won't fit in to 2

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Fulham conceded a 94th minute equaliser against Brentford today too. Football. A win would have put them 2 points ahead of Cardiff in second, now they are a point behind. 

All about keeping the heads at this stage of the season 

All about focusing on your own battles too. I don't care what Fulham did absolutely no relevance whatsoever. Remember the wasted Wolves away game and that equaliser by Preston North End last season? Dropped points and they contributed to relegation. Perhaps todays point will count towards promotion but then again who knows?

3 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

All about focusing on your own battles too. I don't care what Fulham did absolutely no relevance whatsoever. Remember the wasted Wolves away game and that equaliser by Preston North End last season? Dropped points and they contributed to relegation. Perhaps todays point will count towards promotion but then again who knows?

My pont was that teams in the positions all feel pressure and can concede late goals. Fulham were absolutely flying up until today. 

If you don't care about Fulham, you dont have to respond to my comment telling me as much , your silence would be enough 

53 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Still in our own hands. Win 4 games we are up. 

Everyone needs to relax.

Is this meant to reassure us? Because I can't see us winning 4 out of 5 games the way we are playing.

Let's hope we don't have to win 4 eh?

• Backroom

The S*n reporting Dack was arrested back in September for attacking a policeman on a night out, Tony could do with putting a ban on nights out for the next few weeks.

Dack was out again with his Mrs instagramming at gone 2, nothing against players having a social life but for a couple of weeks we could reign it in.

Get him firing for 4 games then he can spend a few weeks in the champagne lounges of Marbs or whatever 

Archived