BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

That quality has struggled through the last three matches. W1D2L0 F2 A1 P5.

Shrewsbury may look at it and think we are buckling.

We've 5 points from 3 games and they've 4 points from 4 games.

I take it you are having a larf!?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

One goal in open play in 3 games. All 3 games we could have lost if all three opponents had a half competent forward. It looks like the team are shaking and on the verge of a bottling. If Shrewsbury win their game in hand their two behind. One defeat for us could see us drop out. Its very tight, you're acting as though we are home and dry. Going off your past gambling record, ill put my money on Shrewsbury. Not because i want to but because you are 9.9 times out of 10 so far away from the correct backing. 

10 hours ago, Mercer said:

You'll be thinking more clearly!

Let's be realistic.  We've quality the other teams haven't and that will see us through with some to spare.  Shrews are buckling - 4 points from 4 games and a lost final.

I'm assuming you weren't at Gillingham and Bristol last week?  We look like we are struggling with nerves and some key players are suffering from a drop in form.  Fortunately, I suspect Shrewsbury and Wigan are in a similar situation with regard to nerves.  It's in our own hands but we can't afford anymore slip-ups and I doubt we will know one way or the other until the last week of the season.  

10 hours ago, Mercer said:

Irrelevant statistics. All that really matters is they are currently 5 behind us with 1 game in hand. Whilst we all dearly hope Charlton do us a favour and get at least a point there we cannot budget for that or bank on it given Charlton's recent dip in form and Shrewsbury's very strong home form. We have to work on the basis that Shrewsbury will win tomorrow, and hope they don't. Assuming they win then they are a mere 2 points behind us going into our final 4 games. I'd sooner be in our position than theirs, and it is still in our hands, but only just with a tiny amount of space for manoeuvre and no more. Given the abject performances of the last few weeks it doesn't inspire confidence. This manager and his squad need to stand up and be counted. The statistics in terms of goal scoring and chance creation for a side in our position with our personnel over the last 4 games are startling.

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Irrelevant statistics. All that really matters is they are currently 5 behind us with 1 game in hand. Whilst we all dearly hope Charlton do us a favour and get at least a point there we cannot budget for that or bank on it given Charlton's recent dip in form and Shrewsbury's very strong home form. We have to work on the basis that Shrewsbury will win tomorrow, and hope they don't. Assuming they win then they are a mere 2 points behind us going into our final 4 games. I'd sooner be in our position than theirs, and it is still in our hands, but only just with a tiny amount of space for manoeuvre and no more. Given the abject performances of the last few weeks it doesn't inspire confidence. This manager and his squad need to stand up and be counted. The statistics in terms of goal scoring and chance creation for a side in our position with our personnel over the last 4 games are startling.

Every round of games is season defining now. If Shrewsbury fail to win and we beat Peterborough, I think we are as good as up 

The opposite happens and things are very different though.. 

39 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I'm assuming you weren't at Gillingham and Bristol last week?  We look like we are struggling with nerves and some key players are suffering from a drop in form.  Fortunately, I suspect Shrewsbury and Wigan are in a similar situation with regard to nerves.  It's in our own hands but we can't afford anymore slip-ups and I doubt we will know one way or the other until the last week of the season.  

Don't think it's nerves more than pure mental exhaustion from a long long season from one or two of the players. Most of the players who played at Bristol are up for it and with them being within shooting distance of success this will get them over the line for me.

It's upto Mowbray to throw it away now victory is in sight.

11 minutes ago, JAL said:

Don't think it's nerves more than pure mental exhaustion from a long long season from one or two of the players. Most of the players who played at Bristol are up for it and with them being within shooting distance of success this will get them over the line for me.

It's upto Mowbray to throw it away now victory is in sight.

I'd say Rovers, Shrewsbury and Wigan are all showing the effects of a long, hard season. The players are tired mentally as well as physically and all 3 teams are dropping points. It wouldn't be a surprise if Shrews failed to beat Charlton this week. 

27 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Performances don't matter, points on the board do!

You get nothing for playing well and losing the game.

True but you're missing the point on your provacative, silly predictions, and your past record of getting it badly wrong. 

22 hours ago, Husky said:

Strange times. Maybe he'd accidentally tied his shoes together?

. . . . .or perhaps they got the helicopter out?

I'm reliably informed that was Lorenzo Amoruso's party trick of choice.

nb. Not the shoe tieing....

25 minutes ago, STFC7-1 said:

I think you will find Shrewsbury have 7 points from the last 4 League games  we beat Wimbledon 1-0, lost to Rochdale 3-1, beat Oxford 3-2 and drew 1-1 at Bradford. 

I think you'll find it was 0-0 at Bradford. Hopefully your strikers are as inaccurate tomorrow and the rest of the season.

51 minutes ago, STFC7-1 said:

I think you will find Shrewsbury have 7 points from the last 4 League games  we beat Wimbledon 1-0, lost to Rochdale 3-1, beat Oxford 3-2 and drew 1-1 at Bradford. 

Bad result against Rochdale that

Heard Lincoln bet ye at your own game in the final, that must have been hard to take? 

How many do ye have injured and/or suspended now? 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Bad result against Rochdale that

Heard Lincoln bet ye at your own game in the final, that must have been hard to take? 

How many do ye have injured and/or suspended now? 

We were in control 1 up until we lost Toto against Rochdale, his injury had a bad effect with 3 other players out in that game. 

Only one suspension but 2 our for the remaining season, biggest loss is Ogogo.

Just now, STFC7-1 said:

We were in control 1 up until we lost Toto against Rochdale, his injury had a bad effect with 3 other players out in that game. 

Only one suspension but 2 our for the remaining season, biggest loss is Ogogo.

Toto? Where did ye lose him to, did he go back to Kansas? 

How do you think you will cope with the injuries and suspensions? I read Nolan is gone off the boil big time last few games as well 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Toto? Where did ye lose him to, did he go back to Kansas? 

How do you think you will cope with the injuries and suspensions? I read Nolan is gone off the boil big time last few games as well 

Nolan has been fine, it has been the loss of other midfield players in a couple of games.

our target has to be to win next 3 games at home, and if we do that hope You drop points in one of your next 2. That would put us at least level on points with 2 games to go.If you lose 1 of those games we would be a point ahead with 2 to play.

4 minutes ago, STFC7-1 said:

Nolan has been fine, it has been the loss of other midfield players in a couple of games.

our target has to be to win next 3 games at home, and if we do that hope You drop points in one of your next 2. That would put us at least level on points with 2 games to go.If you lose 1 of those games we would be a point ahead with 2 to play.

It's tight alright. I don't think you will beat Charlton to be honest. What do you reckon? 

Archived