BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, STFC7-1 said:

You know if this was last season Shrewsbury would be 12 points clear of 3rd place. I blame yourselves for getting effing relegated in the first place.....lol

That Owen Coil has a lot to answer for. You should be burning effigies of him in Shrewsbury if you don't go up ?.

2 minutes ago, STFC7-1 said:

You know if this was last season Shrewsbury would be 12 points clear of 3rd place. I blame yourselves for getting effing relegated in the first place.....lol

Its crazy bad luck we get. Went down on goal difference with an unheard of points tally that you probably wont see for another decade or two and now we are going to need a potentially record breaking points tally just to claim second to get back up.

25 minutes ago, STFC7-1 said:

Tough alright. The worst thing is I can't see whichever of us misses out winning the play offs

34 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Just keep betting on the Shrews lads; it's working wonders for me, if not my bank account. I finally know what Mercer feels like.

Why, have you been on Saint Emilion 'Vue des Cateaux' by the case load, in addition to 'mug punting'?

Keep our nerve guys and gals, it wouldn't be Rovers if it was straight forward.

Promotion Party at The Valley, I tell thee!! (I've said it for 2 months)

Just now, STFC7-1 said:

I could see you winning the playoffs, we most certainly won’t 

The Playoffs won't be a concern of ours, of that I'm certain.

Sadly I think you'll finish up twenty odd points clear of Plymouth but their thirty to forty thousand fans will see them home to victory at Wembley.

The Rovers are going up!

40 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Its crazy bad luck we get. Went down on goal difference with an unheard of points tally that you probably wont see for another decade or two and now we are going to need a potentially record breaking points tally just to claim second to get back up.

Yep, meanwhile the Notlobbers have had 3 seasons of low points targets.

2015-16 they finished bottom of the Championship on 30 points. 41 points would have been enough for survival that season.

2016-17 they finished second in League One on 86 points. 83 points would have been sufficient to secure 2nd place.

2017-18 they are currently on 40 points with 3 to play. Looks like they'll need a maximum of about 45 to survive in contrast to our 51 or 52 last season.

Annoying but we've got to deal with it. 4 games and we need 10 points or more. To do that we'll need to improve on recent displays. No excuses.

31 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yep, meanwhile the Notlobbers have had 3 seasons of low points targets.

2015-16 they finished bottom of the Championship on 30 points. 41 points would have been enough for survival that season.

2016-17 they finished second in League One on 86 points. 83 points would have been sufficient to secure 2nd place.

2017-18 they are currently on 40 points with 3 to play. Looks like they'll need a maximum of about 45 to survive in contrast to our 51 or 52 last season.

Annoying but we've got to deal with it. 4 games and we need 10 points or more. To do that we'll need to improve on recent displays. No excuses.

I think 2 wins  will suffice !

• Backroom
1 hour ago, STFC7-1 said:

I could see you winning the playoffs, we most certainly won’t 

I hope we both go up, it will be a travesty if anyone but the top 3 go up

Not confident we will finish top two we won’t get 6 points from the 2 away games so a win is essential for us Thursday and that’s no sure thing.

51 minutes ago, Tom said:

I hope we both go up, it will be a travesty if anyone but the top 3 go up

Not confident we will finish top two we won’t get 6 points from the 2 away games so a win is essential for us Thursday and that’s no sure thing.

Pessimist!!!

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, Paul said:

Pessimist!!!

Burn the heretic! 

It’s a coping mechanism plus I promised I wouldn’t show any negativity on twitter and would donate to charity every time I broke that 

Tried to buy Doncaster tickets via website yesterday afternoon but message said "not available" so I assumed we'd sold out. But my friend told me he'd just bought his that morning from the club shop. So I rang ticket office and was told that they had loads of them and didn't know about the website message...........:D

A massive few days coming up. If Shrewsbury win their two home games (not unimaginable) and we fail to beat Posh (possible) we could be level on points by Saturday night with 3 games each left to play. I'd make them favourites at that point. Momentum shift and all that...

We need either Bury or Charlton to do us a favour. And Williams shouldn't be allowed out of his own half the useless twunt.

If Shrews fail to win tonight however....

Archived