BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

A massive few days coming up. If Shrewsbury win their two home games (not unimaginable) and we fail to beat Posh (possible) we could be level on points by Saturday night with 3 games each left to play. I'd make them favourites at that point. Momentum shift and all that...

We need either Bury or Charlton to do us a favour. And Williams shouldn't be allowed out of his own half the useless twunt.

If Shrews fail to win tonight however....

I’d agree with this, we can’t expect any more favours but if we got one tonight that could be enough to see us through with the amount of games left.

If we are level on points or a point behind after Saturday I think we’d end up third.

Still a neutral would put us as favourites in the playoffs even if we wouldn’t be confident 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Both Wigan and Shrewsbury play a team we have yet to play tonight whilst we play Peterborough on Thursday who still have to go to Shrewsbury

Few teams who could have an impact on the promotion race yet!

A tiny silver lining if Shrewsbury win Charlton could be out of contention by the time we travel there

Just now, Tom said:

Both Wigan and Shrewsbury play a team we have yet to play tonight whilst we play Peterborough on Thursday who still have to go to Shrewsbury

Few teams who could have an impact on the promotion race yet!

A tiny silver lining if Shrewsbury win Charlton could be out of contention by the time we travel there

Fair play 

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Fair play 

How weird I’ve just mentioned that song on twitter.

Not sure if it was after the play off win or League win but I distinctly remember the players on the balcony of town hall singing this 

I think Charlton will finally break the Shrews spirit tonight and get a result. Being 4/5 points ahead and level on games with 4 remaining should be enough to see us over the line. It was never going to be an easy ride - especially with our start - but I genuinely believe we are nearly there.

I just hope that do our part of the bargain as that is all we need to do. More concerned with our recent performances than I am of Shrewsbury tbh. I really hope that the last minute goal and Williams missed-sitter are not what we will be lambasting come the end of the season.

Time for TM and the team to get out there and put this season to bed. All this talk about Dack being man-marked, he has been man-marked all season long not just recently and it has not stopped him and the team dealing with it.

We need some energy in the middle and our front men to start firing again - too many players are dipping in form at the worst time possible.

Just now, JacknOry said:

I just hope that do our part of the bargain as that is all we need to do. More concerned with our recent performances than I am of Shrewsbury tbh. I really hope that the last minute goal and Williams missed-sitter are not what we will be lambasting come the end of the season.

Time for TM and the team to get out there and put this season to bed. All this talk about Dack being man-marked, he has been man-marked all season long not just recently and it has not stopped him and the team dealing with it.

We need some energy in the middle and our front men to start firing again - too many players are dipping in form at the worst time possible.

Dack being man marked or double marked should be great news for our other attackers. We need to exploit this, not moan about it 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Dack being man marked or double marked should be great news for our other attackers. We need to exploit this, not moan about it 

Exactly, men on him leaves space elsewhere which we have been able to exploit previously. Just not happening at the minute. Tired of it being used as an excuse for his and our recent performances. Anyhow, in front of the cameras he usually shines - so im clinging on to that for this one.

Think Shrewsbury will win pretty easily tonight, going off Charltons game at AFC Wimbledon. I think it's going to be Blackpool and Gary Bowyer that do us a real big favour.

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That’s why I’d play Payne to exploit that space 

No Evans or Conway for me in the Home games 

We have to remember that Shrewsbury are not playing at their best either and they are very short in numbers for their next match. Judging from their boards they have not been playing well at all of late. Even if Charlton were poor the other day, they should still be able to give them a game - especially if they want to keep their playoff hopes alive.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why, did they play badly? Was that game televised? 

Just going off the match report and little highlights of the game, mate, but additionally them actually losing to Wimbledon who are a poor side. I just think somehow Bowyer will have a say in our promotion bid.

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

We have to remember that Shrewsbury are not playing at their best either and they are very short in numbers for their next match. Judging from their boards they have not been playing well at all of late. Even if Charlton were poor the other day, they should still be able to give them a game - especially if they want to keep their playoff hopes alive.

A bit like us then mate in terms of not playing well of late. If Shrewsbury did draw or lose tonight and then we won thursday I think that would be it, 7/8 points clear with 4 games left for them.

I'm going on Stanley tonight to hopefully see them get over the line to promotion. How I wish we were in such a 'comfortable' position. Nonetheless I expect I'll be spending much of the game glued to Twitter anxiously hoping Charlton can get a result and knowing if they don't it will spoil the next couple of days.

Realistically we've blown out safety net/canter to the finish with only picking up 2 points in the last 2 games. Unsurprising, albeit disappointing, as it has been a long hard season.

Thing is Shrewsbury are in the same boat - pretty knackered. The LT final showed that they can bottle it a bit, which is good news for us.

Having said all that I feel this week is the week which will be the final key twist - Peterborough is a huge game, and a difficult one. Win this and regardless of how Shrewsbury do, as others have said, we should get across the finish line. Lose or draw this coupled with a Shrewsbury win in their game and I genuinely have no idea who will win out.

The nerves are jangling for me at the minute, in anticipation of the Shrews and Wigan games tonight. It is almost at the pitch it is when we are playing. I have noticed an enhanced bet on Sky Bet today, which is 4/1 on Spurs ( away at Brighton) Shrews and Wigan all to win. For those who like a little flutter and want to calm the nerves, here is my tip. Back that with £20 which will return £100 including your stake it is wins. Cover it with Brighton plus one and Peterborough plus one which is a touch short of 5/1 placing £10 on that to return £60. If you win tonight you will be £70 up but have a squeaky Thursday and can use £50 if your profit to ease the tension on that by taking Peterborough at 6/4 plus one, returning £125 leaving you £95 up. Lose tonight and if its is Spurs that let you down, you will still have the £10 plus profit going on the double on Thursday. If Shrewsbury or Wigan, don't win tonight, happy days minus £30 potentially, unless Spurs lose too. If Rovers win on Thursday, we are all still happy and potentially £30 down.

Sorry if it is a touch complicated.

5 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Nope. I'd be lambasting the dropped points vs a poor Oldham or Wimbledon or dropping a 2 goal home lead to Wigan if we don't get promoted.

29 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Nope. I'd be lambasting the dropped points vs a poor Oldham or Wimbledon or dropping a 2 goal home lead to Wigan if we don't get promoted.

If we don't go up we will be dropping quite a few in the remaining games ! 

I will be lambasting those !

Archived