BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

43 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Come on let go, Shrewsbury have gone and they aint coming back. 

I think we have enough points now - can't see Shrews taking 6 points from 4 games which is what they need with our goal difference.

Easy tiger! Think you’re getting a bit ahead of yourself there....Shrews hanging on (just) but not yet gone fully. Stranger things have happened.

Complacency for us, a team currently slightly ‘out of sorts’ is an enemy. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Come up Rovers.

A blast from the past. Welcome back to the messageboard, Paul. Not heard from you for a long time.

Shrewsbury should, realistically, start to rest players and prepare their team, both physically and mentally, for the play-offs.

I hope we go all out on Thursday to beat the Posh. Then we are safe.

A very nervous 5 minutes or so as I stood at the back of the stand at the Crown Ground watching Stanley's celebrations whilst relentlessly refreshing my phone hoping for the Shrewsbury game to end. Couldn't believe it kept on going until the 99th minute, they always seem to get loads of injury time, but in the end that Charlton win was huge.

We have to focus on ourselves now Shrewsbury have let us off the hook again. Maximum of 7 points from 12 required, but I'm confident 2 wins will do the trick, and it would be lovely if we could get those in our next 2 before going to Charlton ourselves. If we can go to Charlton needing a point or even better be up before then if Shrewsbury drop points from their next two. Very close now but we need to focus on these two big games and improve our performances.

1 hour ago, Speedie's Gonna Get Ya said:

Anyone see Charlton’s second at the death? Compulsory viewing. #OurFavouriteGoalie

Our favourite goalie is and forever will be this man. 

Ludek.JPG

4 minutes ago, bazza said:

A blast from the past. Welcome back to the messageboard, Paul. Not heard from you for a long time.

Shrewsbury should, realistically, start to rest players and prepare their team, both physically and mentally, for the play-offs.

I hope we go all out on Thursday to beat the Posh. Then we are safe.

I've been 'watching' every game via the MB.  Fingers crossed.

https://audioboom.com/posts/6814231-paul-hurst-post-charlton-athletic

Shrewsbury managers views. Begins by saying that the defeat probably means it will be the play-offs for them which they'd have been happy with before the season started. Might be mind games from him taking the pressure off his players for the remaining games but he certainly sounds downbeat as though he thinks they've missed out now.

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

https://audioboom.com/posts/6814231-paul-hurst-post-charlton-athletic

Shrewsbury managers views. Begins by saying that the defeat probably means it will be the play-offs for them which they'd have been happy with before the season started. Might be mind games from him taking the pressure off his players for the remaining games but he certainly sounds downbeat as though he thinks they've missed out now.

Sounds like the grounds burning down too

10 hours ago, AdamRochina said:

Shrewsbury will win like normal and we will flatter to decieve against the posh and draw.. they have three home games as will win them all.. they have all season shown she won't just suddenly flat line it will be us in play offs mark my words I guarantee it 

Absolute state of you ?

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I really hope this wave of over confidence isn't sweeping through Brockhall today. We have on foot in the Championship but I have seen teams so close before crash and burn. 

I think it's more relief than over-confidence. Every time Shrewsbury choke we get a little closer. The Posh game is massive now. Win that and we can lose the rest and Shrews will still need to win 3 out of 4 to overtake us.

With that in mind you'd hope the stay-aways get down to Ewood on Thursday.

Not sure we'll see much of a crowd tomorrow.

Up to £27 a ticket for a night match live on tv, plus I imagine plenty will be thinking 'I'll just do Oxford instead'.

(Though I hope last night's events sees a mad rush for tickets).

I remember going to Bury with Howard Kendall's promotion team. That looked a tough game on paper, obviously Bury would have  liked nothing better than giving us a black eye.

We went at them from the off and although it wasn't easy we never really looked like not winning. What I wouldn't give to have Kendall in the central midfield on Thursday night. Looking back at that team we'd plenty of no nonsense characters who weren't going to let things slip at such a late stage.

I was having a bit of a sort out a week or two back and I came across a " Lancashire Evening Telegraph " special celebrating our promotion. It brought back lots of great memories.

3 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Win on thursday and this thing is done!

I believe you are correct. However the flip side is we lose and it's all still to play for. Shrews get a boost of getting back into it and our confidence takes a bit more of a beating. Then it's all back to nerves and having to get wins.

44 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

I believe you are correct. However the flip side is we lose and it's all still to play for. Shrews get a boost of getting back into it and our confidence takes a bit more of a beating. Then it's all back to nerves and having to get wins.

They (Shrews) are fast running out of games though. 

24 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

Fantastic that Shrewsbury lost.  7 points will secure us automatic promotion.  Just need to focus in on Thursday and try get 3 points.  Still expecting a couple of twists and turns as we never ever do anything the easy way.

Is it not effectively 5 points with our 19 goals superior goal difference? Maximum points Shrewsbury can get is 94, so a win against Posh and then two draws away against Donny & Charlton.

5 minutes ago, Boz said:

Is it not effectively 5 points with our 19 goals superior goal difference? Maximum points Shrewsbury can get is 94, so a win against Posh and then two draws away against Donny & Charlton.

We are on 87 points. 

94 pts is now the aim for automatic promotion, providing Shrewsbury win every game between now and the end of the season.

If Shrewsbury lose another game then a single win and point will suffice.

Wigan can effectively secure automatic promotion next game, thanks to their late goal, by winning and Shrewsbury failing to win.

Archived