BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Senior certainly claimed the credit for the appointment!

In fairness it worked. Not any managaer would have gotten us out of the league 

I honestly don't think I could have stomached another season in league 1 after everthing that has happened 

I'm attending both away matches, get it wrapped up on Tuesday and have the inflatables out in the London sunshine at Charlton! 

Wouldn't it have been lovely if all these teams that gave everything they had vs Blackburn Rovers would have done the same vs Wigan all season. Over to you Bristol Rovers, let's take this title race to the last day.

40 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I honestly don't think I could have stomached another season in league 1 after everthing that has happened 

Same here. I think the "novelty" helped build up the away support culture..and something really took off there.

Seriously, I am beginning to think that this season in the Third has been a good thing.

It seems a long time ago since my eldest and his mate were applauded out of the home end by sympathetic Brentford fans on relegation day. Stewards ejected them for their Venky's Out banner! I think it must be genetic!

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

I'm attending both away matches, get it wrapped up on Tuesday and have the inflatables out in the London sunshine at Charlton! 

Wouldn't it have been lovely if all these teams that gave everything they had vs Blackburn Rovers would have done the same vs Wigan all season. Over to you Bristol Rovers, let's take this title race to the last day.

Wigan are bullies. I would fancy us to beat them all day. Bully the smaller teams 

Same here. I think the "novelty" helped build up the away support culture..and something really took off there.

Seriously, I am beginning to think that this season in the Third has been a good thing.

It seems a long time ago since my eldest and his mate were applauded out of the away end by sympathetic Brentford fans on relagation day. Stewards ejected them for their Venky's Out banner! I think it must be genetic!

It was definitely a good thing. Cleared out the crap and helped build a winning  and never give up mentality. 

Night and day compared to where we were under coyle. God I hate even mentioning him 

For the very first time I’m allowing myself to say, its done.delighted to get back to champ, yes there is fears for next year but I’m not allowing them to spoil mood just now. Can I just say for any shrews fans on, I have massive respect for them, think the manager is cracking and truly hope they go up via play offs, il be supporting them. 

Wigan on the other hand can f*** off. Hate that smug will grigg

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

For the very first time I’m allowing myself to say, its done.delighted to get back to champ, yes there is fears for next year but I’m not allowing them to spoil mood just now. Can I just say for any shrews fans on, I have massive respect for them, think the manager is cracking and truly hope they go up via play offs, il be supporting them. 

Wigan on the other hand can f*** off. Hate that smug will grigg

Let's bring some of the Shrewsbury players up with us 

Ah no, I hope they win the play offs. Can't see it happening though 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

It was definitely a good thing. Cleared out the crap and helped build a winning  and never give up mentality. 

Night and day compared to where we were under coyle. God I hate even mentioning him 

Coleman at Sunderland went public on Rovers being the exemplar! OMFG!

It seems a long time ago since my eldest and his mate were applauded out of the away end by sympathetic Brentford fans on relagation day. Stewards ejected them for their Venky's Out banner! I think it must be genetic!

I think the younger generation have really embraced this season. My lad is 24 and him and his mates just cant get enough this season home and away.

I look around Ewood now and its full of youngsters ...maybe its the older generation we need to entice back !

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Appreciate the regulars might have enjoyed it, but from the perspective ofan oot supporter it's been pretty shit tbh. Can't wait to be playing against some decent teams again. 

Nice to feel the nerves slide away a bit. Put on a professional performance at Doncaster and get the job done  

I feel a bit sad for Shrewsbury. I hope they go up via the play offs as they deserve it but their current form doesn't look promising. 

Just now, benhben said:

Nice to feel the nerves slide away a bit. Put on a professional performance at Doncaster and get the job done  

I feel a bit sad for Shrewsbury. I hope they go up via the play offs as they deserve it but their current form doesn't look promising. 

Your sadness will pass!

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Me too but I'll be gone back to France immediately after The Valley and sadly will miss the finale at Ewood against Oxford. The 'visa' from Mrs darrenrover expires on 29th April!

For gawd's sake Rovers, don't rest on your laurels and lose the next couple whilst Shrews win both of their corresponding games. 

If not for all our nerves, put it to bed at Donny and the party can continue at The Valley.

• Backroom
20 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

A slight injustice on us there Tom ..not many teams would have kept up with us..one defeat in 32 is some bloody going !

Fair play not taking away from us but until recently they were going blow for blow with us 

On 14th March I sent a message to a mate in Dubai that I predicted that me and his Dad (who lives in Scunthorpe) would witness our promotion at Doncaster.

He thought it would go to Charlton and sorted flights Friday - Sunday.   Yesterday he gambled on Tuesday being the day and at considerable expense has changed his UK bound flight.   He couldn't be happier at spending a small fortune.   ?

Just now, DE. said:

Appreciate the regulars might have enjoyed it, but from the perspective ofan oot supporter it's been pretty shit tbh. Can't wait to be playing against some decent teams again. 

End of the day you have to get pleasure out of winning matches or you may as well pack it in.

Been a decent craic on away days etc, a lot of honest players giving their all, a manager full of integrity.

However, there’s been a nagging fear that this season was now or never and I’m beyond relieved that it looks as if we are almost there.

Archived