BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

End of the day you have to get pleasure out of winning matches or you may as well pack it in.

Been a decent craic on away days etc, a lot of honest players giving their all, a manager full of integrity.

However, there’s been a nagging fear that this season was now or never and I’m beyond relieved that it looks as if we are almost there.

Totally agree. We shouldn't underestimate the pressure on us to go up. To be in this position is incredible 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mowbray made a far better attempt at keeping us up than Coleman did at sunderland 

Each to their own but I dont think mowbray would take Wales to a Euro semi. He made wrong choice going to Sunderland when it was a poisoned chalice and his stock was much higher than that post. His fate was almost already sealed.

look I’m happy we are going up, not wholly convinced by performances, tactics and to an extent signings but we will see

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Each to their own but I dont think mowbray would take Wales to a Euro semi. He made wrong choice going to Sunderland when it was a poisoned chalice and his stock was much higher than that post. His fate was almost already sealed.

look I’m happy we are going up, not wholly convinced by performances, tactics and to an extent signings but we will see

I thought it was a crazy move by Coleman. He surely had better offers after what he did with Wales. 

If they get the owner to piss off, it's a good club, so I can understand if he stays now and tries to rebuild 

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

End of the day you have to get pleasure out of winning matches or you may as well pack it in.

Been a decent craic on away days etc, a lot of honest players giving their all, a manager full of integrity.

However, there’s been a nagging fear that this season was now or never and I’m beyond relieved that it looks as if we are almost there.

It's not been the results that have been shit, just the overall coverage of L1 and calibre of teams in the division. Relegation to the Championship was sad but this season it really has hit home just how low Venky's have dragged us. Let's hope this is the last we see of this division for a while. 

Just now, DE. said:

It's not been the results that have been shit, just the overall coverage of L1 and calibre of teams in the division. Relegation to the Championship was sad but this season it really has hit home just how low Venky's have dragged us. Let's hope this is the last we see of this division for a while. 

The only way is up man! 

My happiness at today's events is split between almost certain promotion and not being in those flaming playoffs. I'm sure the pendulum will swing towards total joy of promotion at 9.45 on Tuesday.

Just now, DE. said:

No arguments there, I see myself as a ‘proper’ football fan, but turning up at grounds like Northampton with a stand that’s been half built for 5 years, or Wimbledon’s gaff that didn’t feel much of an upgrade from AFC Darwen still hit me like a ton of bricks.

Enjoyed the season, but I don’t want to come back, EVER.

18 minutes ago, DE. said:

Appreciate the regulars might have enjoyed it, but from the perspective ofan oot supporter it's been pretty shit tbh. Can't wait to be playing against some decent teams again. 

I couldn’t disagree more. I’ve enjoyed this season more than any since Bellamy was here. Signing up for iFollow was the best money I’ve spent all year.

Seeing and hearing the away followings, fans united behind the team first time in nearly a decade, new heroes like Dack signed for buttons, Danny Graham’s resurrection, Bennett the new Super-Atko, most likely going to be our highest points total, most wins and most away wins in our history, highest goals total since Shearer was here. Fabulous season, completely rekindled my passion, and I think we are going up in much better shape than we were before we came down.

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No arguments there, I see myself as a ‘proper’ football fan, but turning up at grounds like Northampton with a stand that’s been half built for 5 years, or Wimbledon’s gaff that didn’t feel much of an upgrade from AFC Darwen still hit me like a ton of bricks.

Enjoyed the season, but I don’t want to come back, EVER.

Couldn’t agree more....the Southend away game was the one that hit me. The first game of the season and seeing that away end. The coach I was on burst into laughter it looked so bad, when we arrived. It’s made me love football again,   but we shouldn’t have ever had to play against half the teams, who class sustainability as some kind of Premier League title. 

0ABEC730-0D1E-491F-AA9F-BDA34E4EAF32.jpeg

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

I couldn’t disagree more. I’ve enjoyed this season more than any since Bellamy was here. Signing up for iFollow was the best money I’ve spent all year.

Seeing and hearing the away followings, fans united behind the team first time in nearly a decade, new heroes like Dack signed for buttons, Danny Graham’s resurrection, Bennett the new Super-Atko, most likely going to be our highest points total, most wins and most away wins in our history, highest goals total since Shearer was here. Fabulous season, completely rekindled my passion, and I think we are going up in much better shape than we were before we came down.

Totally agree but we're not up yet :o

...when you go on the pitch! #PortVale75

And carrying Stuart Metcalfe off the Vale Park pitch too John. I can still see Gordon Lee standing in the Directors Box telling us that Plymouth had lost and we were the champions.

I think we are going up in much better shape than we were before we came down.

I wonder if any would swap the team that finished last season with the current team. I know I wouldn't.

Can't think of a single player that we let go last year that has been missed. Gallagher and Emnes maybe but they were loans. 

With the benefit of hindsight the usual magic number of 2 points per game I.e. 92 points has proved sufficient even with 3 teams doing exceptionally well. Rarely fails.

Have to disagree with DE. Strictly as a one off exercise  It's been really enjoyable getting into the habit of winning a decent number of games again, visiting one or two new grounds and seeing two out of four stands full of our fans at several away gronds which of course could never happen higher up the Leagues.

24 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Couldn’t agree more....the Southend away game was the one that hit me. The first game of the season and seeing that away end. The coach I was on burst into laughter it looked so bad, when we arrived. It’s made me love football again,   but we shouldn’t have ever had to play against half the teams, who class sustainability as some kind of Premier League title. 

Wow. My dad has a cattle shed more luxurious 

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I hope more of our fans feel like you than me mate! I agree that we're going up in better shape than before we were Coyle'd, but I still think we're some way behind where we were in 2014 with the likes of Hanley, Duffy (pre keaner status), Olsson, Cairney, King, Conway (pre legs gone), Gestede, Rhodes, and some others I'm probably leaving out too. Not sure we'll get a squad that good under Venky's again, but I am confident Mowbray can keep us safe next season with moderate investment and upgrades in a few key areas. 

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

I was in that group too. Remember like it was yesterday

Me too but wind the clock forward 43 years and I doubt many of us will be around to tell the tale about the Donny pitch invasion, assuming we win of course!

Funnily enough, whilst I remember Vale Park, I have no recollection of a pitch invasion at Gigg Lane. Is my memory playing tricks?

39 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Coleman at Sunderland went public on Rovers being the exemplar! OMFG!

We were batshit crazy.  Mowbray has done a sterling job. Not perfect, but he has brought quality to the side and made me care to my bones about this club. 12months ago, I was numb to it all.

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Wow. My dad had a cattle shed more luxurious 

Awful ground- it didn’t even serve booze! I wouldn’t have minded if the local away pub had have been open, but even that was closed. 

59 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Won’t be a popular opinion but I rate him much higher than Mowbray 

Coleman has the same points from 28  Championship games with Sunderland that Mowbray got us in 15 games. Mowbray has a promotion to the Premier League to his name. Chris Coleman is clueless as shown at Fulham and Coventry and Sociedad. He had a once in a generation Wales side that played in Gary Speeds honour to get to the euro 2016 semis and then he failed to get them to the world cup this year. One of the strangest things I've ever heard that someone would want Coleman over Mowbray. Well done sir ??

Archived