BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

£150 down at last count, I think I can finally stop now. 

I'm sure you're right but it's Rovers we're talking about.

I'd keep the bets going until the fat lady has lost her voice! should be great odds!

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

No arguments there, I see myself as a ‘proper’ football fan, but turning up at grounds like Northampton with a stand that’s been half built for 5 years, or Wimbledon’s gaff that didn’t feel much of an upgrade from AFC Darwen still hit me like a ton of bricks.

Enjoyed the season, but I don’t want to come back, EVER.

Absolutely agree.

Not being arrogant in saying we have had to swallow our pride this Season.....this league is NOT our natural level and I'm sure we all never want to see it again.

Good riddance to league 1 :rover:

Btw....

While there still is a chance of going up as Champions I want us to be ruthless Rovers in the remaining games...target the Pie Boys!

Just now, darrenrover said:

Me too but wind the clock forward 43 years and I doubt many of us will be around to tell the tale about the Donny pitch invasion, assuming we win of course!

Funnily enough, whilst I remember Vale Park, I have no recollection of a pitch invasion at Gigg Lane. Is my memory playing tricks?

I can't remember a pitch invasion at Gigg Lane either. I didn't go on the pitch I know that.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can't remember a pitch invasion at Gigg Lane either. I didn't go on the pitch I know that.

I'm coming out of 'pitch invasion retirement' to lead this one on Tuesday, if the result goes our way.

Watch out for a 6'4inch nutter breaking the steward cordon at full time, then look for me :P

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I have a feeling , the pitch was invaded from behind , both goals ...

Certainly fans on the pitch !

Just now, Mattyblue said:

This does feel unnecessary. I’m pleased for Wigan who totally deserve promotion this season. Not sure we were ever getting ahead of ourselves. Just enjoying being up there after the last few years of rubbish...

... now I really hope they slip up and we finish top!!!

39 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm glad it wasn't just me Tyrone.

Hopefully Donny and or Charlton will be other days to be fondly remembered by all that were present.

As Gav said, despite all, we've some fantastic memories that can never be taken away.

I'd much rather be a Rover than a plastic Manc!

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He's a @#/? but he's also a very good manager. The new Warnock on the block, if Dyche ever does leave the Dingles he'd fit straight in.

For all those who are getting their nickers in a twist re Paul Cook. 

Just ignore him, he is what he is.  If we had won promotion today then I would not have expected our manager to make a comment on any other team as he would or should be so pleased about his own teams achievements.

Cook is a moron, he will not change, so let's just accept that fact and get on with life.  If he thinks that we will react then he will think he has won and maybe he has?

In short let's concentrate on Rovers and leave Wigan alone, I am sure long term it will sort itself out.

54 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

I have a feeling , the pitch was invaded from behind , both goals ...

Certainly fans on the pitch !

We had two stands - behind the goal and alongside. Massive pitch invasion at tbe end. We congregated in front of the main stand until the team appeared in the Directors box. I still vividly remember Duncan McKenzie leading the celebrations with cigarette in hand !

• Backroom

Champions not confirmed yet Paul, the only one getting ahead of themselves is you. Speaks volumes that on the day of Wigan's promotion he's thinking about us though. Obviously rattled by our charge to the top. 

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Don't forget them Blue Gazelles!

Bad mistake those Gazelles pal, like running on glass, didn't realise until I was in the penalty area ?

Better footwear for Tuesday. 

13 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Stupid, bitter, dingle. A prize knobhead.

He's trying to build his reputation on the back of a big club, classic tactics, but his level is championship at best, but credit to Wigan, best side in the league in my opinion. 

Archived