BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Gav said:

He's trying to build his reputation on the back of a big club, classic tactics, but his level is championship at best, but credit to Wigan, best side in the league in my opinion. 

Yeh, credit to Wigan: I agree that they have been probably the best side in the league.

Until their manager came out with classless comments as he's done today, I'd have been quite happy to say well done and settle for second.

Now, I want Rovers to stuff his inappropriate and ill founded comments right down his throat. Does he know where Springfield Park was and why they're not still playing there, not to mention why he's got 10 fingers and 2 thumbs? Pie eating @#/?!!

Come on Rovers, we want the title!!!

Its great that we can clinch Promotion on Tuesday. 

It was great news to see the Shrewsbury result at my Dad's house when I watched the FA Cup semi final there. not follow the results or games one bit today. didn't want to know.

Mowbray has done a great job to get us promote this seasons after last season mess with Coyle. The players have all played their part this season. 

one defeat in 32 games is great record. After 11 games gone, some people wanted Mowbray sack after a thread started but I always said keep your faith in Mowbray and he would get us promote

Yes but you're ever the optimist Chaddy. I would have changed then if we could have guaranteed better, but really wanted Mowbray to sort it. He has and all credit to him and the squad. This is no time for gloating. It's a time to anticipate and enjoy

44 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I'm no fan of Cook but to be fair whilst ir certainly wasn't my view this seemed to be the majority view on here, that points on the board were worth more than games games in hand etc. A lot of people were even saying when it got to one game difference they'd rather be two points in front.

Don't think this was a view ever expressed by anyone in an official capacity at the Club or any players though so he really doesn' need to say anything. Both Clubs have done great this year and that's the end of it.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Its great that we can clinch Promotion on Tuesday. 

It was great news to see the Shrewsbury result at my Dad's house when I watched the FA Cup semi final there. not follow the results or games one bit today. didn't want to know.

Mowbray has done a great job to get us promote this seasons after last season mess with Coyle. The players have all played their part this season. 

one defeat in 32 games is great record. After 11 games gone, some people wanted Mowbray sack after a thread started but I always said keep your faith in Mowbray and he would get us promote

Bloody hell Chaddy, the thread clearly did the trick and focussed everyone's attention. ;)

We've only lost at Plymouth since October and the thread starting. All at BRFCS, take a bow, it's all down to us.

Edit: Someone give the thread a 'bump' to ensure we win our final 3 games!

3 hours ago, robbojohnno said:

Coleman has the same points from 28  Championship games with Sunderland that Mowbray got us in 15 games. Mowbray has a promotion to the Premier League to his name. Chris Coleman is clueless as shown at Fulham and Coventry and Sociedad. He had a once in a generation Wales side that played in Gary Speeds honour to get to the euro 2016 semis and then he failed to get them to the world cup this year. One of the strangest things I've ever heard that someone would want Coleman over Mowbray. Well done sir ??

Harsh, thought he done quite well at Fulham, kept them up for years. Didn’t keep track on his Spanish expedition but rarely do English manager do well there. As for Coventry can I remind you that a certain mr Mowbray bombed with them also. As an ex rovers player he should be getting more respect from you but judging by your posts your a wee troll. 

Lets not get carried away with Mowbray as the messiah, he is delivering promotion which was as expected with budget, squad. Yes he deserves kudos for that but it’s like I say as expected and there have been several bumps in the road. 

I like In Scotland and mowbrays reputation up here is terrible after a horrendous spell at Celtic, one of the easiest jobs in football. There is still big question marks for me. Seems a nice fella but next season will tell if he is a good manager or not. Keep us comfortable and I will tip my hat

Just now, Stuart said:

What an absolute self-aggrandising plant pot.

You're on form at the minute Stuart, I had to reach for the dictionary to see if it was a typo/spellcheck or not but spot on.

You're back to your eloquent best pal, I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your recent posts.

But Cook, what a @#/?!

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

What’s he on about? We’re nearly up as well. If he’s bragging about winning league one, he clearly hasn’t been involved with a team that has been premier league champions, 6 time fa cup winners and a league cup to boot. 

Who cares about wigan, ill bet money on us finishing above them, bar them getting a takeover. We are better equipped for the championship. Look at last season. They came up as champions with a similar squad. Cook is a dick, ask pompey fans. 

Just now, darrenrover said:

You're on form at the minute Stuart, I had to reach for the dictionary to see if it was a typo/spellcheck or not but spot on.

You're back to your eloquent best pal, I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your recent posts.

But Cook, what a @#/?!

That’s a backhander mate but I’ll take it!

Just now, AAK said:

Who cares about wigan, ill bet money on us finishing above them, bar them getting a takeover. We are better equipped for the championship. Look at last season. They came up as champions with a similar squad. Cook is a dick, ask pompey fans. 

He might be a Dick but he gets results and in some style.

• Backroom
42 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm no fan of Cook but to be fair whilst ir certainly wasn't my view this seemed to be the majority view on here, that points on the board were worth more than games games in hand etc. A lot of people were even saying when it got to one game difference they'd rather be two points in front.

Don't think this was a view ever expressed by anyone in an official capacity at the Club or any players though so he really doesn' need to say anything. Both Clubs have done great this year and that's the end of it.

I was going to ask that, has Mowbray said something I missed?

But your saying it's fans. What, he sits at home reading messageboard? Bit lost with it all to be honest.

Anyway, sat here watching boxing, and in the heat of the battle you can jibe and snide away to your hearts content. It's all part of the game. But once the victory is yours, you show some class and respect to your opponent. 

Unless you're a.....certain type of character shall we say.

Even Mourinho, the Lord of snide and petty, hadn't ever dug anyone out when he's won something to my knowledge, but I stand to be corrected.  

On a great day for Wigan, he's really shown himself up IMO. 

50 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Harsh, thought he done quite well at Fulham, kept them up for years. Didn’t keep track on his Spanish expedition but rarely do English manager do well there. As for Coventry can I remind you that a certain mr Mowbray bombed with them also. As an ex rovers player he should be getting more respect from you but judging by your posts your a wee troll. 

Lets not get carried away with Mowbray as the messiah, he is delivering promotion which was as expected with budget, squad. Yes he deserves kudos for that but it’s like I say as expected and there have been several bumps in the road. 

I like In Scotland and mowbrays reputation up here is terrible after a horrendous spell at Celtic, one of the easiest jobs in football. There is still big question marks for me. Seems a nice fella but next season will tell if he is a good manager or not. Keep us comfortable and I will tip my hat

You expecting it and someone making happen are two different things

Just now, Silas said:

I was going to ask that, has Mowbray said something I missed?

But your saying it's fans. What, he sits at home reading messageboard? Bit lost with it all to be honest.

Anyway, sat here watching boxing, and in the heat of the battle you can jibe and snide away to your hearts content. It's all part of the game. But once the victory is yours, you show some class and respect to your opponent. 

Unless you're a.....certain type of character shall we say.

Even Mourinho, the Lord of snide and petty, hadn't ever dug anyone out when he's won something to my knowledge, but I stand to be corrected.  

On a great day for Wigan, he's really shown himself up IMO. 

I agree, the guy has no class. I was always taught to be a bad loser and a good winner. He's a bad loser and a bad winner. He's done the job at Wigan though.

Think it's cute how much winning the league means to the pie eaters. Bless them, small club with a small club mentality from their fans down to now seemingly their manager too. Mowbray handles himself with so much class, Cook should take note. The guy is an ex dingle AND a scouser though. The ultimate gob shite combination ;):lol: 

Hang on...we were getting ahead of ourselves, but now he is talking like they've already won the league? Have I missed something?

What I didn't miss, was him saying he'd rather have the points in the bag than the games in hand, but when we (without acting like it was already over whatsoever) were pleased with our position and hoped they would find the congested schedule tough, that was us getting ahead of ourselves.

Wasn't especially bothered about the title before, but now I'd like to win the trophy just so we could use it to wipe the smug grin off his face.

15 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Hang on...we were getting ahead of ourselves, but now he is talking like they've already won the league? Have I missed something?

What I didn't miss, was him saying he'd rather have the points in the bag than the games in hand, but when we (without acting like it was already over whatsoever) were pleased with our position and hoped they would find the congested schedule tough, that was us getting ahead of ourselves.

Wasn't especially bothered about the title before, but now I'd like to win the trophy just so we could use it to wipe the smug grin off his face.

I'm thinking the same mate, promotion was the aim at the start of the season and 1st or 2nd it's never even bothered me really. But the way Wigan have gone on recently in the words of Keegan I would love it if we beat them, love it. Judging by by the state of Will Grigg tonight from videos I've seen on twitter there could be a big hangover come Tuesday and I'd seriously laugh if they took their foot off the gas and we ended up coming top simply because Wigan fans are obsessed with winning the league and getting one up on us, it's sad really :lol:  Dack > Powell....... Graham > Grigg 

Archived