BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

Just now, Silas said:

I was going to ask that, has Mowbray said something I missed?

But your saying it's fans. What, he sits at home reading messageboard? Bit lost with it all to be honest.

Anyway, sat here watching boxing, and in the heat of the battle you can jibe and snide away to your hearts content. It's all part of the game. But once the victory is yours, you show some class and respect to your opponent. 

Unless you're a.....certain type of character shall we say.

Even Mourinho, the Lord of snide and petty, hadn't ever dug anyone out when he's won something to my knowledge, but I stand to be corrected.  

On a great day for Wigan, he's really shown himself up IMO. 

Yep. And as others have said the season hasn't even finished yet so it' s not inconceivable his players will mentally ease off and finish in middling fashion with say a win and 2 draws and we could win the last three. Don't think it will happen but you never know.

I think TM is entitled to be irritated by Cook commenting on his players taking their eye off the ball when there's no evidence that has actually happened, sometimes you just can't win every game.

If we did squeeze past them I Don't think TM  would be at all out of order if he commented that Wigan's players must have been on the beach the minute they secured automatic promotion. But even then I think I'd rather he had more decorum and either didn' mention it or merely complimented Wigan on their season.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Honestly couldn’t care about Cook, he’s a nob.

Yes it would be nice to finish top but promotion was the aim.

Mowbray has his faults but the man oozes class and has never got ahead of himself, quite the opposite and you know he’d come out and congratulate others not antagonise.

Mowbrays a true football man, a football fan, this guys just a classless plant pot trying the mindgames and tricks he’s seen better managers succeed with.

I'd love us to go on and win the title, but Wigan have 3 easy games so I doubt they will slip up now. I see us losing out on the title on goal difference in the end.

Agree with sentiments on here, couldn't care less about Cook. Mowbray has done a fantastic job to completely turn around an atmosphere of negativity around the club that has been there for years. As Tom said above, Mowbray is a class above and I hope he continues to be successful with us.

2 hours ago, Miker said:

I'd love us to go on and win the title, but Wigan have 3 easy games so I doubt they will slip up now. I see us losing out on the title on goal difference in the end.

Agree with sentiments on here, couldn't care less about Cook. Mowbray has done a fantastic job to completely turn around an atmosphere of negativity around the club that has been there for years. As Tom said above, Mowbray is a class above and I hope he continues to be successful with us.

There's the rub Miker, you've nailed it.

Although WE're not quite there just yet, Tony Mowbray has done his absolute utmost to galvanise once again, a proud club that had become poisonous as a consequence of acts by his predecessors.

TM is by no means a tactical genius in most of our eyes (who are we to question one may ask) but despite all of his team selections that have left us scratching our heads at times, weird formations and controversial substitutions on occasions and paying our prospective opponents so much respect, we've still only lost once at Plymouth in 32 games, so he must be doing sommat right.

WE're almost up Tony, let's win the final 3 games, regroup, get rid of our remaining dross, sign a few players to play in their natural positions and if WE can't shove Cook's comments up his jacksie this season, then make sure WE do next.

COYB!

12 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Wigan fans singing "who the f### is Bradley Dack" 

Their jealousy is great to hear 

Tbf, we did sing 'you're just a sh!t Bradley dack ' at Nick Powell when they were at our place. However, what an accolade for bradders to be sung about when we're not even playing them!

Can't say I've even considered singing a song about a Wigan player. Jealousy is such a bitch! ?. Xx

8 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Harsh, thought he done quite Lets not get carried away with Mowbray as the messiah, he is delivering promotion which was as expected with budget, squad. Yes he deserves kudos for that but it’s like I say as expected and there have been several bumps in the road. 

We’re on the cusp of promotion, the support in the ground has been  celebrating “”we’re on the way back” for weeks and still people damn with faint praise. 

7 hours ago, Butty said:

Think it's cute how much winning the league means to the pie eaters. Bless them, small club with a small club mentality from their fans down to now seemingly their manager too. Mowbray handles himself with so much class, Cook should take note. The guy is an ex dingle AND a scouser though. The ultimate gob shite combination ;):lol: 

On Thursday night I had tears welling up and a lump in my throat such was the relief of winning that game.

I’m not sure how I’m going to deal with the 90 minutes on Tuesday evening.

Seeing Rovers get promoted means everything to me. I completely understand Wigan’s celebration. I wonder why you chose to belittle their achievement?

34 minutes ago, Paul said:

We’re on the cusp of promotion, the support in the ground has been  celebrating “”we’re on the way back” for weeks and still people damn with faint praise. 

On Thursday night I had tears welling up and a lump in my throat such was the relief of winning that game.

Seeing Rovers get promoted means everything to me. I completely understand Wigan’s celebration. I wonder why you chose to belittle their achievement?

I wonder why you choose to belittle 2 non offensive, legit and even handed posts?

Still it keeps the moan fires burning I suppose.

I remember Allardyce trying to create a similar sort of rivalry with Bolton when he was at the breezeblock, a few choice words slagging off the club/Walker seemed to work from the Bolton point of view, most Rovers fans couldn't have cared less.

Its wasn't until he managed us that the real hatred kicked in :D

Ill get my coat........

9 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

next season will tell if he is a good manager or not.

Quick question, if he doesn’t achieve back to back promotions, does that mean he’s “not” a good manager?

I don’t see how anyone could say he’s not a “good” manager after the past 12 months with us. He’s probably never going to be as successful as Kenny, unlikely to achieve promotion to the top flight like souness , or cement us in the top ten of the prem like Hughes! That doesn’t mean he isn’t a good manager.

Hes already proven that in my eyes. To take what was left after season upon season of selling the best players, left by Coyle, rotting at the foot of the champ, and rebuild it from the ground up, you don’t do that if you’re just “average”

It’s also worth mentioning that he is an absolute gent and speaks fantastically well about the game. Was the first manager to come in and acknowledge that the fans had been treated badly, that alone shows what kind of bloke he is; a football man.

On that basis, it’s hard for me to see how people can be so critical right now. Made sense in September and early October, but I think the blokes fairly proven to be a good manager now.

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its great that we can clinch Promotion on Tuesday. 

It was great news to see the Shrewsbury result at my Dad's house when I watched the FA Cup semi final there. not follow the results or games one bit today. didn't want to know.

Mowbray has done a great job to get us promote this seasons after last season mess with Coyle. The players have all played their part this season. 

one defeat in 32 games is great record. After 11 games gone, some people wanted Mowbray sack after a thread started but I always said keep your faith in Mowbray and he would get us promote

Not like you to gloat and say i told you so...oh wait...

23 minutes ago, Biz said:

Quick question, if he doesn’t achieve back to back promotions, does that mean he’s “not” a good manager?

I don’t see how anyone could say he’s not a “good” manager after the past 12 months with us. He’s probably never going to be as successful as Kenny, unlikely to achieve promotion to the top flight like souness , or cement us in the top ten of the prem like Hughes! That doesn’t mean he isn’t a good manager.

Hes already proven that in my eyes. To take what was left after season upon season of selling the best players, left by Coyle, rotting at the foot of the champ, and rebuild it from the ground up, you don’t do that if you’re just “average”

It’s also worth mentioning that he is an absolute gent and speaks fantastically well about the game. Was the first manager to come in and acknowledge that the fans had been treated badly, that alone shows what kind of bloke he is; a football man.

On that basis, it’s hard for me to see how people can be so critical right now. Made sense in September and early October, but I think the blokes fairly proven to be a good manager now.

Completely agree with this. Tony has his flaws ie overly cautious, questionable selection/tactics but all manager have their faults. If he manages to get us up then he has done a good job and one that not too many others could have done. In June we only had a sprinkling of full-time contracted players left, many of which could have decided to leave but didn't. He signed the best player in the league along with several other shrewd signings for this level (smallwood, downing etc). He has given youth a chance to a certain extent (raya, nyambe and others on occasion) and the future of the club looks a lot more positive than it has for years (albeit Venkys are still here).

2 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Tbf, we did sing 'you're just a sh!t Bradley dack ' at Nick Powell when they were at our place. However, what an accolade for bradders to be sung about when we're not even playing them!

Can't say I've even considered singing a song about a Wigan player. Jealousy is such a bitch! ?. Xx

Dack won Player of the Year in League 1, Powell did not. We were right! 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Wouldn't say I was belittling their achievement Paul. For me personally promotion was the aim at the start of the season and whether that was in 1st or 2nd I'd never given it much thought until recently when Wigan fans and now their manager have gone on as though winning the title is the equivalent of winning the Premier League or something and they've been derogatory towards us in doing so. This season has been a joy to watch home and away and I'm delighted it looks as though we're going up. Let's be honest though Paul, when us and Wigan meet in the championship next season is anyone going to even remember or care what order we got promoted in? Nope..

24 minutes ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

After that interview, I hope Cock comes straight back down after next season

He took Chesterfield to the play-offs and left, Portsmouth to League One and left and now he has taken Wigan up. His record is good but if an offer comes in for him his track record suggests he will be off. As many have already said his lack of class in his comments is poor but his behaviour in the technical area confirms this isn't a one off.

9 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Strange signing by us Tyrone, part of a bit of a scattergun approach last summer by us. Dack has been the outstanding signing but the rest generally are a waste of space and need shipping out, including all those on loan with the exception of Armstrong.

what? really? 

Antonsson, Samuel, Downing, Nuttall have all contributed this season. 

Whittingham, Luetwiler and Gladwin has barely played much. Smallwood has been good signing. Hart, Harper and Caddis has been poor signing. Chapman performed in most games he played in. In January we signed Payne, Bell and Armstrong. Armstrong has performed, Bell not played and Payne is good player but don't think we seem him at his best but I would sign him permanent this summer 

Dack has been outstanding so a agree with you. 

11 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Lets not get carried away with Mowbray as the messiah, he is delivering promotion which was as expected with budget, squad. Yes he deserves kudos for that but it’s like I say as expected and there have been several bumps in the road. 

I like In Scotland and mowbrays reputation up here is terrible after a horrendous spell at Celtic, one of the easiest jobs in football. There is still big question marks for me. Seems a nice fella but next season will tell if he is a good manager or not. Keep us comfortable and I will tip my hat

Sorry but you are talking total rubbish there. Mowbray has turned around a club going one way last season and overhaul the squad that represent the club, him and the fans in the club motto ARTE ET LABORE. He has put pride, passion and enjoyment back in the club and fans. He is true football man who is honest and truthful I will say this again who is HONEST and TRUTHFUL. After 2 previous managers we had in the past 10 who aren't this its such a joy that we need have this. 

if he is a good manager or not? really? look at what he has done to the club and the fanbase and what he has achieve since coming in. GREAT achievement so far. 

I couldn't a toss about Celtic or Scottish football. 

seems a nice fella? are you having a laugh or something. go and attend an evening event with Mowbray and that will tell you everything or listen to previous events he spoken in. he is great bloke. 

8 hours ago, Tom said:

Honestly couldn’t care about Cook, he’s a nob.

Yes it would be nice to finish top but promotion was the aim.

Mowbray has his faults but the man oozes class and has never got ahead of himself, quite the opposite and you know he’d come out and congratulate others not antagonise.

Mowbrays a true football man, a football fan, this guys just a classless plant pot trying the mindgames and tricks he’s seen better managers succeed with.

another top post Tom just like Biz post

1 hour ago, Biz said:

Top Post there. agree 1000% Biz

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

what? really? 

Antonsson, Samuel, Downing, Nuttall have all contributed this season. 

Whittingham, Luetwiler and Gladwin has barely played much. Smallwood has been good signing. Hart, Harper and Caddis has been poor signing. Chapman performed in most games he played in. In January we signed Payne, Bell and Armstrong. Armstrong has performed, Bell not played and Payne is good player but don't think we seem him at his best but I would sign him permanent this summer 

Dack has been outstanding so a agree with you. 

Sorry but you are talking total rubbish there. Mowbray has turned around a club going one way last season and overhaul the squad that represent the club, him and the fans in the club motto ARTE ET LABORE. He has put pride, passion and enjoyment back in the club and fans. He is true football man who is honest and truthful I will say this again who is HONEST and TRUTHFUL. After 2 previous managers we had in the past 10 who aren't this its such a joy that we need have this. 

if he is a good manager or not? really? look at what he has done to the club and the fanbase and what he has achieve since coming in. GREAT achievement so far. 

I couldn't a toss about Celtic or Scottish football. 

seems a nice fella? are you having a laugh or something. go and attend an evening event with Mowbray and that will tell you everything or listen to previous events he spoken in. he is great bloke. 

another top post Tom just like Biz post

Top Post there. agree 1000% Biz

"Generally a waste of space"

Read on fella and think about things objectively.

15 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

"Generally a waste of space"

Read on fella and think about things objectively.

That's was objective but you just ignore all key points made by myself and other people. 

I will posted 3 key points to you again

1) Mowbray has turned around a club going one way last season and overhaul the squad that represent the club, him and the fans in the club motto ARTE ET LABORE. He has put pride, passion and enjoyment back in the club and fans. He is true football man who is honest and truthful I will say this again who is HONEST and TRUTHFUL. After 2 previous managers we had in the past 10 who aren't this its such a joy that we need have this. 

2) look at what he has done to the club and the fanbase and what he has achieve since coming in. GREAT achievement so far. 

3) attend an evening event with Mowbray and that will tell you everything or listen to previous events he spoken in. he is great bloke. 

That's was objective but you just ignore all key points made by myself and other people. 

1) Mowbray has turned around a club going one way last season and overhaul the squad that represent the club, him and the fans in the club motto ARTE ET LABORE. He has put pride, passion and enjoyment back in the club and fans. He is true football man who is honest and truthful I will say this again who is HONEST and TRUTHFUL. After 2 previous managers we had in the past 10 who aren't this its such a joy that we need have this. 

2) look at what he has done to the club and the fanbase and what he has achieve since coming in. GREAT achievement so far. 

3) attend an evening event with Mowbray and that will tell you everything or listen to previous events he spoken in. he is great bloke. 

Chaddy point 3 is not key. He could be be complete B****** if he wins games. The fans wouldn't care. Winning games is the key.

This knocks onto points 1 and 2. The key is he got momentum which brought the fans on board. The fact that we had the 'Twist or Stick' Thread on here shows that it was a fine line between successs or failure for Mowbray. I think he got the dose of luck required because at the start of the season we were poor. Every great manager requires it. Fergie the injury time equaliser in the cup semi saved him. Kenny getting Newell back in that promotion season at a vital time.

Next season is key and hopefully we can build once wwe are over the line.

Chaddy, I've knocked nobody and I certainly don't ignore others' opinions, quite the contrary in fact, I enjoy reading them.

You should try it sometime without wearing blinkers.

Just now, darrenrover said:

Chaddy, I've knocked nobody and I certainly don't ignore others' opinions, quite the contrary in fact, I enjoy reading them.

You should try it sometime without wearing blinkers.

ignoring my points. 

Ive just attendances thread and your posts and I mostly agree with you and the points you made. 

No-one is wearing blinkers but giving the manager the credit he deserved and warranted 

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Chaddy point 3 is not key. He could be be complete B****** if he wins games. The fans wouldn't care. Winning games is the key.

This knocks onto points 1 and 2. The key is he got momentum which brought the fans on board. The fact that we had the 'Twist or Stick' Thread on here shows that it was a fine line between successs or failure for Mowbray. I think he got the dose of luck required because at the start of the season we were poor. Every great manager requires it. Fergie the injury time equaliser in the cup semi saved him. Kenny getting Newell back in that promotion season at a vital time.

Next season is key and hopefully we can build once wwe are over the line.

I'm sure that the fans recognised the team and the values he has built the team around. The players are hard working and honest. For Mowbray being a honest and truthful person, That's what I want as my manager of my club not like some managers we had in the past. 

What is my goal for next season? for me, depends on the signings we made and what Mowbray's budget is this summer

ignoring my points. 

Ive just attendances thread and your posts and I mostly agree with you and the points you made. 

No-one is wearing blinkers but giving the manager the credit he deserved and warranted 

I'm sure that the fans recognised the team and the values he has built the team around. The players are hard working and honest. For Mowbray being a honest and truthful person, That's what I want as my manager of my club not like some managers we had in the past. 

What is my goal for next season? for me, depends on the signings we made and what Mowbray's budget is this summer

Chaddy,

You cant go about people ignoring points and promptly ignore others. If we get promotion and we are bottom by the end of September and not won a game how many fans will still be behind him. As I say it's about momentum. Fans will support a winning manager.

Likeable is not a key factor.

6 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Chaddy,

You cant go about people ignoring points and promptly ignore others. If we get promotion and we are bottom by the end of September and not won a game how many fans will still be behind him. As I say it's about momentum. Fans will support a winning manager.

Likeable is not a key factor.

If I do ignore anybody reply to me it is cos they are my ignore list so that's why they don't get a reply. 

I would still be behind if that sceriono happen just like this season when the question was asked after 11 games. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If I do ignore anybody reply to me it is cos they are my ignore list so that's why they don't get a reply. 

I would still be behind if that sceriono happen just like this season when the question was asked after 11 games. 

So you read my subsequent posts to the one that you initially responded to did you chaddy? if so, I can't see where you apologised and corrected yourself?

WTF is sceriono btw? Is he a potential new signing? Brazilian perhaps?

Archived