BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Oh dear. Looks like Wigan might have "got ahead of themselves".

(Keegan mode on) I'd luv it luv it if we finished above them.

If not for that damned equalizer....still tough for us as their fixtures look easier on paper. I would love for him to have gotten ahead of himself but on the wider scale...i couldnt give a flying fck tbh...we are up.

7 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

I simply commented on his health (and any change in circumstances) having been given the impression he was at death's door. 

I think he is poorly but the guy is a football man and even if he was at deaths door he would have celebrated as I would and suspect you would given Rovers promotion.  Don't forget he played for us and still has a private box, or did until very recently, at Ewood. 

I hope that we can win the league 1 championship at the expense of Wigan but I still respect the guy!

7 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

I simply commented on his health (and any change in circumstances) having been given the impression he was at death's door. 

Made up for the playing and managing staff. 

I know people will want to see them go for the title but it's a great opportunity to give these kids who've done so well a go in the first team. They need experience at playing first team competitive football.

When you are a middle aged exile you realise that life is too short to be sad and angry about something you have no control over on the other side of the world, hence I have detached myself from Rovers. I honestly thought we would be mid table at best and that we were destined to become ensconced in League 1 for the foreseeable future. Many congratulations to the manager and players who have proved to have more mettle than I gave them credit for. Tony Mowbray seems to be a very dignified man, lets hope that the owners treat him accordingly. I hope to see a club in recovery and a team in which we can take some pride when I come home for Christmas.

Congrats to all, enjoy!

2 minutes ago, Neal said:

Made up for the playing and managing staff. 

I know people will want to see them go for the title but it's a great opportunity to give these kids who've done so well a go in the first team. They need experience at playing first team competitive football.

I think the players who have played more often for the first team would having a few things to say about that daft idea.

We are still in with a shot at the TITLE, play the best team.

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Can someone change the thread title to "The battle for the title" 

I would love it if we pipped them to it 

Tinpot club with moderate success and a handful of fans reckoning they're big time.

Would love to shut them up. 

Wimbledon is the definition of a banana skin, and Wigan have sold a similar amount as us for Donny - their players won’t be used to be playing in front of that many of their fans.

They’ll Phil Babb it.

Prepare Cooky’s Humble pie.

We’ll shit em.

I think this weekend will be pivotal , we've got a difficult game at Charlton and Wigan play Wimbledon at home , the Dons are still in a relegation scrap and I think they will put up more of a fight than Doncaster will do on the last game of the Season 

You would think Doncaster wouldn't want two teams celebrating on there own patch within the space of 10 days, hopefully if it comes to it that will fire them up a bit.

Unfortunately though I think that late goal for Wigan last night will see them crowned champions this weekend, they will hammer Wimbledon and I think our lads will take there foot off the gas and go through the motions a bit now our goal has been achieved.

Archived