BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

We will draw at Charlton and Wigan will trounce Wimbledon

Be great if we brought it to the last day as I think we could win it at that point

Still, what a season. My desire to win the league is 99% motivated on wanting to see Cooks sad face. Our main goal has been achieved 

I was only bothered about automatic promotion until Cook gave that interview, now I just want to win the league to make him look like an even bigger pr*ck.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will win both our games  and the Title.

We have a motivated squad and in our players those who want a trophy. They know that the history books only records the winners.

Wigan will wibble wobble against an up for it Wombles who need the points and Doncaster are good enough to take a point of Wigan on their patch.

Despite what Cook is saying again and again Wigan are struggling under pressure and are just as likely to ease up as some think we are.

Cook is finding the kitchen a bit too hot, gobby git.

I see some suggesting we play some youth in our remaining "dead rubbers"..........stupidity bordering on insanity.

I think there’s a very good chance Wigan will drop points at Doncaster. Everyone who was there last night saw there was no way they were going to hand us promotion. I’m sure Doncaster will be just as motivated against Wigan. 

The reaction to promotion by the respective teams will decide the title. Whoever relaxes will come second. 

Hopefully we don't suffer a promotion hangover on Saturday and win. At the very least that will take it to the last day irrespective of what Wigan do against Wimbledon. For the reasons several have stated I would love to see Cook eat his words and perhaps show a little humility. I read that he has been linked with Ipswich and hopefully this will cause them to lose a little focus.

Just about coming round after a very good night.

In my view it would be nice to win the league but in the grand scheme of things, its job done and it doesn't really matter..  More important is next season and in the remaining games I don't see any reason why we should not give 2 or 3 of the youngsters, who have just won PL2 the opportunity to perform on the big stage.  It would also give Mowbray a chance to assess them and subsequently his needs in the transfer market ready for August.

just a thought.

12 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

Seeing nobody has said it yet we don't need any more games to save our club JOB DONE. Now lets see if we can win this league.

48 games to save the club. We still need the riches of the premier league.

just looking at ticket website, tickets look to be selling rather well for the Oxford game. Jack Walker near enough full apart from one block, Blackburn end lower nearly full, Riverside in the middle full. With a week and half to go until the game it looks like it could be a good attendance, looks like a good 14k home tickets sold so far.

TM will rightly play his strongest available team in the remaining 2 fixtures.

He will want the Title on his CV if at all possible.

The players will want the Title if at all possible.

Most Fans will take the Title if it's available, which it is.

Use these fixtures as 'training or dead rubbers'....sweet Jesus.

Yeah it would be nice to win it, but really who cares at this point. Nobody cared about the title when that full time whistle last night. The job is done now. Give travis, nutall etc a 1st team game and see how they fair

5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I'd rather we had 'league 1 Champions 17/18' etched forever into our honours list.

Fair enough, I’m more worried about the loaded under 23 players that are bursting for a go in the first team. 

10 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

Yeah it would be nice to win it, but really who cares at this point. Nobody cared about the title when that full time whistle last night. The job is done now. Give travis, nutall etc a 1st team game and see how they fair

I bet the players and the manager care. Winners medals matter. Paul Cook getting wound up is telling. 

11 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

Happy to put a couple on the bench for both games, not so certain about starting (maybe Travis if anyone).

We've got a carnival atmosphere to look forward to on Saturday, don't want to ruin it by throwing away our unbeaten run!

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I bet the players and the manager care. Winners medals matter. Paul Cook getting wound up is telling. 

And I think the majority of Fans who go to the games who will want to applaud the players who have won promotion for us and maybe yet the Title.

The youth have done extremely well, have their Title and their chances at the first team will come, at Ewood hopefully.

1 hour ago, AAK said:

just looking at ticket website, tickets look to be selling rather well for the Oxford game. Jack Walker near enough full apart from one block, Blackburn end lower nearly full, Riverside in the middle full. With a week and half to go until the game it looks like it could be a good attendance, looks like a good 14k home tickets sold so far.

#OPERATION22000 so then we get more on at home in League One than Dingles get in Premier League.

32 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

TARGET THE PIE BOYS 

Tickets selling very well for Oxford game...be there or miss out!

It now appears the whole of the Darwen End lower has been opened to Rovers fans.

I noticed that earlier and wondered if it was a mistake but it has remained open and a small number of tickets have been sold there. Seems a decision may have been made given promising sales to boot the Oxford fans upstairs and have Rovers fans behind all the goal.

Archived