BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm totally bemused as to why with two games to go and a point between us everyone isn't excited and nervous about finishing top . I want that title, I want to take that title from cook and his Wigan team, I want the trophy in OUR cabinet. I understand to some the level we are at means it is less of an achievement but  like Tony said we have cut our cloth and this is a league one team that has fought hard all season and it's a title we should be proud of. The mentality of Blackburn rovers should be of winners not settling for second best or it will do. Time to breed a ruthless winning mentality. I want that title. 

6 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I'm totally bemused as to why with two games to go and a point between us everyone isn't excited and nervous about finishing top . I want that title, I want to take that title from cook and his Wigan team, I want the trophy in OUR cabinet. I understand to some the level we are at means it is less of an achievement but  like Tony said we have cut our cloth and this is a league one team that has fought hard all season and it's a title we should be proud of. The mentality of Blackburn rovers should be of winners not settling for second best or it will do. Time to breed a ruthless winning mentality. I want that title. 

If we beat Charlton ,its game on. The reality is though is that our lads were on the lash last night and Charlton need to win to stay in the play-offs. We probably couldn't have a tougher game. That may be why fans aren't aren't getting too excited just yet. Beat Charlton though.....

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

I noticed that earlier and wondered if it was a mistake but it has remained open and a small number of tickets have been sold there. Seems a decision may have been made given promising sales to boot the Oxford fans upstairs and have Rovers fans behind all the goal.

Surprised that we opened that part but not the upper tier of the Blackburn End. Be good to see that whole end full of Rovers fans again.

Cannot believe my luck this season. After witnessing 7 years of declining Ewood Park attendances and becoming frustratingly bored with the home experience the one day the ground is going to be full and something is worth celebrating I'll be thousands of miles in the air on a plane. Couldn't have planned it any worse in truth.

A small part of me is bitter that after racking up thousands of miles in travel and almost every home game this season I could miss us lifting the league. I'm just glad the drinks are complimentary on this flight because I'm not going to be able to sit still for 90 minutes.

20 hours ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

When you are a middle aged exile you realise that life is too short to be sad and angry about something you have no control over on the other side of the world, hence I have detached myself from Rovers. I honestly thought we would be mid table at best and that we were destined to become ensconced in League 1 for the foreseeable future. Many congratulations to the manager and players who have proved to have more mettle than I gave them credit for. Tony Mowbray seems to be a very dignified man, lets hope that the owners treat him accordingly. I hope to see a club in recovery and a team in which we can take some pride when I come home for Christmas.

Congrats to all, enjoy!

As an exile waaaay past middle age I too realise that life is too short for that also but when it comes to Rovers I just can't help it.

10 hours ago, arbitro said:

Hopefully we don't suffer a promotion hangover on Saturday and win. At the very least that will take it to the last day irrespective of what Wigan do against Wimbledon. For the reasons several have stated I would love to see Cook eat his words and perhaps show a little humility. I read that he has been linked with Ipswich and hopefully this will cause them to lose a little focus.

Is there an audio file of Nob 'ed pie eater dingle scouser running his mouth?  If there is TM needs to play it for the players before Charlton and again at half time cos I fear our lads will be in a bit of a job done mentality.  We need them to know that was only step one.

Biy I am so made up I really thought we were going to ket it slip.

8 hours ago, AAK said:

just looking at ticket website, tickets look to be selling rather well for the Oxford game. Jack Walker near enough full apart from one block, Blackburn end lower nearly full, Riverside in the middle full. With a week and half to go until the game it looks like it could be a good attendance, looks like a good 14k home tickets sold so far.

The ticket office told someone I know that 17,000 had been sold. I am not sure that’s correct but then the ground is filling up on the online planner. Would be good to win this league in front of the biggest league 1 crowd of the season. Would also be great to get a bigger crowd than Burnley have had all season!

A win at Charlton will set this game up very nicely! 

All I could think of yesterday was that’s it’s the hope that kills you, after being so sure that we’d win, then the match seemed destined for an upset, but we did it!  

I’d grown a little apathetic with Rovers, defeats didn’t hurt like they did, wins didn’t feel as good and I never could I manage to shout my lungs off when we scored.  As this season went on, the passion came back(as did the stress and nerves!). 

There’s a togetherness with the team right now, proper team spirit. The passion is back, with the players and the fans. I loved watching all the social media stuff today, with a big grin on my face. :) 

Maybe with the pressure gone we may get a few vintage performances in? The pressure is with Wigan, they’ll know they could quite easily gift us ‘their title’, we can just play our football, wins the games, whilst the fans have a party ;) 

Seriously though, maybe we can win it with a free kick in the last few seconds again! Though this time in the other goal from Charlie! :lol:

5 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Spot on. There’s life in this title race yet!

23 minutes ago, Dan said:

All I could think of yesterday was that’s it’s the hope that kills you, after being so sure that we’d win, then the match seemed destined for an upset, but we did it!  

I’d grown a little apathetic with Rovers, defeats didn’t hurt like they did, wins didn’t feel as good and I never could I manage to shout my lungs off when we scored.  As this season went on, the passion came back(as did the stress and nerves!). 

There’s a togetherness with the team right now, proper team spirit. The passion is back, with the players and the fans. I loved watching all the social media stuff today, with a big grin on my face. :) 

Maybe with the pressure gone we may get a few vintage performances in? The pressure is with Wigan, they’ll know they could quite easily gift us ‘their title’, we can just play our football, wins the games, whilst the fans have a party ;) 

Seriously though, maybe we can win it with a free kick in the last few seconds again! Though this time in the other goal from Charlie! :lol:

Hi Dan, I fully understand what you are saying but at the end of the day it does not matter to me if we win it or not but being promoted does matter.  Remember when we where promoted to premier " first time" via play offs.  Would be surprised if 50% of people on here can remember who was promoted ahead of us.  What does matter is how we can build for next year.  That is why I believe we should play our better youngsters in the remaining couple of games, to see if they can perform at a higher level and allow the manager to decide where he really needs to improve personnel next season.

Winning the thing at this time would be a bonus but don't let that moron Cook wind you up, the future is far more important.

1 minute ago, 4000Holes said:

Hi Dan, I fully understand what you are saying but at the end of the day it does not matter to me if we win it or not but being promoted does matter.  Remember when we where promoted to premier " first time" via play offs.  Would be surprised if 50% of people on here can remember who was promoted ahead of us.  What does matter is how we can build for next year.  That is why I believe we should play our better youngsters in the remaining couple of games, to see if they can perform at a higher level and allow the manager to decide where he really needs to improve personnel next season.

Winning the thing at this time would be a bonus but don't let that moron Cook wind you up, the future is far more important.

Two games is nowhere near enough to ascertain the capability of the younger players. If we were up with six to go maybe. We need to press on to win this League!

31 minutes ago, neophox said:

Rovers will beat Charlton and it will come to the last day. Had we just hold on at Bristol..

The failure to hold onto the 2 goal  lead against Wigan was the killer for me. That's a 3 point swing.

I'm with Oldgregg completely I desperately want us to win the title. I gather the players were out on the lash in Manchester last night which is completely understandable. However if they can sober up in time for Saturday then I think we'll find out a lot about their character. They could just slop their way through the last 2 games but if they can take the two games seriously, win them both and at least ask a question of Wigan then I think that would be a very good sign for next season.

As a spectacle a win at Charlton also turns the final game into a meaningful one as opposed to an exhibition match.

8 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

TARGET THE PIE BOYS 

Tickets selling very well for Oxford game...be there or miss out!

It now appears the whole of the Darwen End lower has been opened to Rovers fans.

oooooh! How nostalgic is that? :wub:

7 hours ago, bboy said:

To be fair,

We should play the strongest squad possible for the respect of the league.

Unlike Huddersfield...

it seemed like a heinous crime at the time, but,in retrospect, Huddersfield did us a favour.

48 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

Of course it matters with two games to go and a point difference. Where is your pride. You play a full season to be the best you can be and finish as high as possible. By that reckoning survival is what matters next season so of where safe in February they might aswell just relax until the season finishes.

And i remember who finished above us. It was Fulham. I wanted to win the title that season to

Lets not forget that these are very well paid individuals.

Fine, celebrate a bit but the job, and their job is not done. There are two more games to be played that could potentially have us up as champions. 

Celebratingin the full can come end of season. We have got our goal but there is a bigger goal that is attainable - go and show the fans that you have the fight to take it.

I would have so much respect for this team if they can pull it off, even if they lose it but show they want it.

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Of course it matters with two games to go and a point difference. Where is your pride. You play a full season to be the best you can be and finish as high as possible. By that reckoning survival is what matters next season so of where safe in February they might aswell just relax until the season finishes.

And i remember who finished above us. It was Fulham. I wanted to win the title that season to

I think he means when we were promoted in 92 via the playoffs. Ipswich were champions and Middlesbrough were runners up. We finished 6th. 

Have good friends who are CAFC season ticket holders for years. Real fans. Good people. Don't want to dash their hopes for promotion but Rovers need the win too. Under different circumstances they wouldn't be bothered but I'm sure that they are secretly hoping to be spoilers. C'mon the Rovers! 

Im secretly hoping that CAFC make playoffs despite losing to us. 

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The failure to hold onto the 2 goal  lead against Wigan was the killer for me. That's a 3 point swing.

I'm with Oldgregg completely I desperately want us to win the title. I gather the players were out on the lash in Manchester last night which is completely understandable. However if they can sober up in time for Saturday then I think we'll find out a lot about their character. They could just slop their way through the last 2 games but if they can take the two games seriously, win them both and at least ask a question of Wigan then I think that would be a very good sign for next season.

As a spectacle a win at Charlton also turns the final game into a meaningful one as opposed to an exhibition match.

I am seriously hoping that the reports of players being "out on the lash" in Manchester after the game are grossly exaggerated. FFS they could not have got to Manchester before midnight! I just cannot see TM letting them go on a binge with another game just 3 days away with the Title at stake or that the players themselves would be that stupid.

If we were to turn in a limp show at Charlton especially if Wigan also drop points it would be inexcuseable.

I hope it is all just the usual social media gossip.

After the Oxford game they can get pissed as farts all day every day for all I would care.

• Backroom

They were certainly in a club but I think given they’d just achieved their main goal that it’s acceptable and would have been sanctioned by Tony 

Archived