BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I was surprised that they were so blatantly on the lash(sharing pics on Instagram etc), but I wouldn't begrudge them in the slightest. They had Wednesday off by the looks of it, id I was off Wednesday I would have had more than my 1 celebratory beer :) 

A one off session of drinking (heavily?) on Wednesday, playing football on Saturday? Can't see a problem for young, fit, well nourished professional sportsmen. It's not like they do it every week (hopefully) :D

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of the day Charlton away was always going to be a tough game - decent crowd, bang in form, one of the best squads in the league.

We can now purely enjoy cheering the team on to the title...  just be thankful Charlie nabbed that winner, as we can all imagine the away end at The Valley if we'd have gone 1-0 down! :D

Shrewsbury for me, big chance they'd go straight back down. Hope Burton stay up too, as the law of averages says they go down eventually - especially as Clough is supposedly upset with some of the abuse he received from fans around March/April and may leave.

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, arbitro said:

I guess it all depends on how the players approach the game. The main driver if I was a player would be whether I want winner or runner-up on my medal. Or they could toss it off as job done.  And for us fans having the League One trophy to parade on May 5th would the cherry on top of the icing. Oh and the small matter of shoving Cooks words down his throat.

Just showing Cook's comments to the players ahead of the game should make it the easiest team talk of all time.

As a one off I don't mind them celebrating after winning promotion whether they were were tucked up in bed with a Cup of Cocoa or out Clubbing until the wee small hours.

But that has to be on the understanding that by today it's business very much as normal again and we give it everything to try and finish above Wigan over the last 2 games. I think it's absolute nonsense to say it doesn't matter now. I want that title to put proudly alongside the one from 1975!

That also goes for TM too. I hope he doesn't pick too much of a weakened team although there will probably be at least one surprise change as one of our most important players has been apparently playing on with a groin strain over the last few weeks. Not that you'd ever have known I'd say.

:)

Just now, Mattyblue said:

We need the return of another classic next season - yellow shirts with blue trim.

Ugh! My impression is we barely ever used to win in that and we always look physically smaller in yellow and bigger in some sort of red kit. Red and black halves please, (although I'm sure the away colours will actually already have been decided upon some time ago).

55 minutes ago, den9112 said:

My favorite shot of the night ,no words needed ...

Bradley Dack-.jpg

Is that an official image from the Club? If it is I'd have no problem whatsoever sticking a canvas or framed picture on the wall next to the one of Shearer VE day.

What an image. He looks like a returning warrior being mobbed by the adoring townsfolk having laid waste to the nearby villages.

Wonderful.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Stuart said:

@Mike E has a better version on his Facebook but it won’t let me steal it!

I just stole it from the selection on TheRovers page. The 'like' poll with photos in comments :)

Archived