BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

I think it’s just Cooks way of trying to motivate his tiring players. “Look! Blackburn are slagging you off! You’re not going to let them beat you to the title are you!”. None of his players are going to ask for a quote where he’s seen BRFC say that are they. It’s a bit cheap, but there you go. It might get them across the line but lacks a bit of class. So about right really.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He’s flipped. Cooky’s cracking up, he’s cracking up, he’s cracking up. A scouse dingle with a chip on his shoulder. Imagine that. 

You can tell he’s feeling the heat from his previous comments. He was desperate to get that “got ahead of themselves” line out. There’s no rivalry with Wigan, I'm not sure many rovers fans are even arsed about winning division 3, other than now to put this clown back in his box.

I want to go up as Champions.

That is what is recorded in the history books and I care about that even though I think I'm too old to be around to to read them for too long.

It's actually got feck all to do with putting one over on Cook or the Rugby town of Wigan.

It's for the Club, us and our kids....

I hope we win today and that all Fans have a good day at the game or following it from afar.

We are Blackburn Rovers the biggest town Club in the world and we are on our way back.

COYB :rover:

• Backroom
7 hours ago, matt83 said:

He’s flipped. Cooky’s cracking up, he’s cracking up, he’s cracking up. A scouse dingle with a chip on his shoulder. Imagine that. 

You can tell he’s feeling the heat from his previous comments. He was desperate to get that “got ahead of themselves” line out. There’s no rivalry with Wigan, I'm not sure many rovers fans are even arsed about winning division 3, other than now to put this clown back in his box.

I'm still not even sure what he meant by us getting ahead of ourselves. I don't remember Mowbray or the players giving a shit about Wigan, it was mostly about making sure Shrewsbury were out of sight. Seems like a half-arsed attempt to create some kind of faux-rivalry, and in fairness it's riled enough of us and the players up that I suppose you could say it's worked. Whether it works in their favour or our favour remains to be seen.

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Looking at the league table it's obviously their title to lose. I can't honestly see Wimbledon providing much resistance today.

That's it, exactly. It'd be lovely if they did slip, but in all honesty I can't see it happening. Not today anyway.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I just have a feeling that the twists and turns of outrageous fortune are not over yet and may go on until the final game.

But in whose favour we just have to wait and see.

Win our 2 games and see where it takes us.

Enjoy the ride :rover:

We’ve just thrown our first opportunity. Let’s see if Wigan draw now (at most) to at least take it to the last game because we aren’t going to win today.

10 minutes ago, Stuart said:

We’ve just thrown our first opportunity. Let’s see if Wigan draw now (at most) to at least take it to the last game because we aren’t going to win today.

Yep, I was posting that before I saw the Mowbray meddling effect or whatever the feck he is up to today.

I hope (most) of those selected today have been told they are playing for their squad places next season.

Interesting that Mulgrew and Smallwood play I think both characters would have demanded to play.

I hope the travelling fans witness a decent performance, a good result a bonus.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yep, I was posting that before I saw the Mowbray meddling effect or whatever the feck he is up to today.

I hope (most) of those selected today have been told they are playing for their squad places next season.

Interesting that Mulgrew and Smallwood play I think both characters would have demanded to play.

I hope the travelling fans witness a decent performance, a good result a bonus.

So far, Mowbray’s meddling is the story of the day.

• Backroom
20 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

If we win next Saturday & Wigan lose we're Champions.

I'm grasping for a leg of hope....

I think that point today may be the straw that broke the camels back, you never know but I wouldn’t expect Wigan to lose next week 

31 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

If we win next Saturday & Wigan lose we're Champions.

I'm grasping for a leg of hope....

Too late. Mowbray blew it today. Wigan only have to draw now.

So disappointing. The open day at Ewood should be investigated for fraud after that team selection and substitutions. The bars certainly closed as quickly as a 1920s Chicago speakeasy.

Mowbray is not up to it. Any talk of the title from anyone connected with Rovers is a piss take.

Just throwing it out there but maybe TM has played a blinder. He's just shown Venkys that take our main men out and we are pretty average thus emphasising the need to strengthen the squad this summer ahead of his India trip. 

Just now, den said:

Battle for the title? There is no battle for the title and there needn’t be one either. The manager and players have done what’s necessary. Nothing else really matters.

It matters if you support a team that you want to see win the league.

Just now, JayDee said:

Just throwing it out there but maybe TM has played a blinder. He's just shown Venkys that take our main men out and we are pretty average thus emphasising the need to strengthen the squad this summer ahead of his India trip. 

They may ask him why he only bought one of those 'main men' (Dack - out of Bennett, Raya, Graham, Williams who are the regulars who missed out) and why the others he brought to the club aren't up to it? (Caddis, Samuel, Payne, Whittingham, Bell)

Two ways to look at it.

23 minutes ago, den said:

Battle for the title? There is no battle for the title and there needn’t be one either. The manager and players have done what’s necessary. Nothing else really matters.

Indeed. The players and manager should not get paid for today or next Saturday.

Season ticket holders and those who paid to watch today should be refunded.

If they aren’t going to put a professional shift in and the games don’t matter then fans shouldn’t need to pay and the club should need to pay them.

This is professional sport so paying patrons should expect the manager to pick a team, and the players play, to win.

What happened to the players being relaxed and playing with freedom? Not playing within themselves having been selected as a non-competitive side.

Archived