BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Good is stretching at a tad, but put it this way, the performance alone wouldnt have warranted all of this!

The criticism isnt even to do with the Charlton game. Its solely to do with the attitude that the title is irrelevant.

I get that point. The comments weren't ideal and perhaps I am giving Tony leeway due to the fact that I was bricking it we would end up in the play-offs, but I also understand his team selection and not risking injuries. I think the team he put out was good enough to win the game and it sounds like we should have gotten more from it. Putting Dack and Graham in instead of Payne and Samuel would probably have done it.  He just wants to get a proper look at Payne and  is just giving Samuel every chance to come good. It would be in our benefit if he actually did, now that he has and it didn't work, we will see if we get a look at a more ruthless Mowbray. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

As far as Plymouth are concerned, I'd say the same for them as I said for us last season, if you're relying on other teams then you have to accept whatever the consequence of that is. A couple more points last year and we're safe no matter what Huddersfield do. Similarly three more points this season for Plymouth and they're in the top six. it isn't our fault they failed to get those points. Indeed we've actually gifted them 4 points this season so they can't really complain. 

On 30/04/2018 at 10:49, DE. said:

Note that I've been saying the above for some time before the Charlton game, so please don't patronise me by suggesting my post is a reaction to that result. Thanks.

No not patronising anyone, so just making my own thoughts and opinion, is that alright.

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

No not patronising anyone, so just making my own thoughts and opinion, is that alright.

It's fine, I was just confused as to why I was quoted. Not really bothered anymore though, so as you were.

Just now, DE. said:

It's fine, I was just confused as to why I was quoted. Not really bothered anymore though, so as you were.

Aha yes sorry i just picked on one post to make my reply,  so no judgement on your initial post, all is well.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I get that point. The comments weren't ideal and perhaps I am giving Tony leeway due to the fact that I was bricking it we would end up in the play-offs, but I also understand his team selection and not risking injuries. I think the team he put out was good enough to win the game and it sounds like we should have gotten more from it. Putting Dack and Graham in instead of Payne and Samuel would probably have done it.  He just wants to get a proper look at Payne and  is just giving Samuel every chance to come good. It would be in our benefit if he actually did, now that he has and it didn't work, we will see if we get a look at a more ruthless Mowbray. 

How long is Samuel's contract?

6 hours ago, 47er said:

You don't read the Daily Mail do you by any chance?----"the traitors within" and all that-----you know Judges, House of Lords---usual scum.

No, I'm very anti-mainstream media.  

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Just imagine if we 'threw' the title then actually won it :rover:

Stranger things have happened.

It's a funny old game this game of two halves with all the twists and turns of outrageous fortune, good and bad, a lucky bounce, unfortunate deflection, bad Ref, dew on the grass, stranger things could indeed happen and we could yet get the dammed elusive trophy.

I have run out of crap cliches anyway so just hope that Team TM give it a right good go v Oxford, who will turn up wanting to be party poopers.

15 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

There are quite a few aspects of your post that id like to challenge, im going to respond predominantly from my point of view, my opinions but ones that I know are shared by others:

Tony Mowbray is the main man in my eyes - Only a very slim minority have suggested that Mowbray has done a very good job. Tony Mowbray is an incredibly popular manager and I am incredibly appreciative of what hes done here, as are the vast majority of the fan base. 

I'm in shock how quickly that amazing night at Doncaster has been brushed aside - This, with respect is total nonsense. Again, personally and I know from others who share my opinions on Mowbrays lack of importance regarding the title, are still made up regarding promotion, looking forward to Saturday

What are you on about?! I was on about your lack of integrity, making stupid comments about Owen Coyle, nothing to do with Mowbray.

I said Mowbray didnt lie to the fans, but just because something is truthful doesnt make it right.

Im sure they did, but the comments earlier in the week suggested that the title was irrelevant.

Yes or no, I feel I have to break things down with you because you will just evade my point/question, or continue to try and wind people up:

1) You dont attach any importance to winning the league title at all. Do you at least understand that other people do care about winning trophies, even if you dont?

2) If the answer to 1 is yes, then do you appreciate that comments such as no one will remember in a couple of years who has won the league, suggest that weve thrown in the towel 2 games earlier than needed?

I just want a simple yes or no to these 2 questions please. You must have some form of empathy and understanding of other peoples views, surely?!

I feel like im going round in circles to an extent, some people are capable of taking views on board that perhaps dont match their own, and have a reasonable debate, but the same myths are being peddled and it is so frustrating. 

99% of the criticism has been solely down to the attitude implied by the manager, and since repeated by many supporters, that winning a league title is irrelevant.

I agree that Mowbray a very good job and deserves lots of credit for the turnaround he has accomplished within 12 months. 

no-one has brushed aside the promotion or yes everyone attending the Oxford game will enjoy it and it will be great to see it so full. 

Firstly roversfan99 stop treating like child and talking down to me cos it really does annoyed me and I understand your point but I don't agree with them and have a different thoughts and mindset. if you cant accept this then don't reply to my posts. no questions are just simple yes or no. so I wont be answering that way 

1. Of course I care about winning trophies but it league 1 and I want out of this league as quickly as possible cos as we seen with clubs like Sheffield United, Portsmouth and Sheffield Wednesday it can take years to get back up and that's not what we need. Promotion was the target of the season and it was achieved by the manager and players. 

2. No I don't. the players performance and deserve to win IMO or at least a point. 

I don't remember who won the league title or who won promotion 2 years ago. do you without researching it?

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree that Mowbray a very good job and deserves lots of credit for the turnaround he has accomplished within 12 months. 

no-one has brushed aside the promotion or yes everyone attending the Oxford game will enjoy it and it will be great to see it so full. 

Firstly roversfan99 stop treating like child and talking down to me cos it really does annoyed me and I understand your point but I don't agree with them and have a different thoughts and mindset. if you cant accept this then don't reply to my posts. no questions are just simple yes or no. so I wont be answering that way 

1. Of course I care about winning trophies but it league 1 and I want out of this league as quickly as possible cos as we seen with clubs like Sheffield United, Portsmouth and Sheffield Wednesday it can take years to get back up and that's not what we need. Promotion was the target of the season and it was achieved by the manager and players. 

2. No I don't. the players performance and deserve to win IMO or at least a point. 

I don't remember who won the league title or who won promotion 2 years ago. do you without researching it?

Im not talking to you like a child, its just frustrating that you are not taking my actual point on board, more so what you perceive my point to be.

We all AGREE that promotion was the main target and its been achieved. The argument is not that its not enough. The argument is, now its been achieved, surely come out and go for the league title, not suggest its meaningless and that no one will remember either way.

People are angry specifically with the managers attitude and disregard towards the prospect of a title. Not specifically the Charlton result/performance/team selection.

And no, but only because it wasnt us. If we won a cup id bloody remember!

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

re final paragraph.

I don't remember either BUT I would if it involved ROVERS.

That is the point.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Im not talking to you like a child, its just frustrating that you are not taking my actual point on board, more so what you perceive my point to be.

We all AGREE that promotion was the main target and its been achieved. The argument is not that its not enough. The argument is, now its been achieved, surely come out and go for the league title, not suggest its meaningless and that no one will remember either way.

People are angry specifically with the managers attitude and disregard towards the prospect of a title. Not specifically the Charlton result/performance/team selection.

And no, but only because it wasnt us. If we won a cup id bloody remember!

yes I understand your point fine and well but disagree with it.

Didn't the players come out on Saturday and played well and deserve to win so Mowbray hardly give it up did he.

most football fans outside Blackburn Rovers wont remember it will there? maybe that was his point.

why people are angry about a side issue when the main issue was achieved just enjoy the rest of the season.

will he enjoy the Oxford game even if we don't win the title?  

I think some players might have been carrying knocks in a bid to get us over the line the majority have played the entire season with very few injurys so I think we can afford the manager who has got us back up at the first attempt the benifit of the doubt.

Especially since the absolutely sterling work of Shrewsbury who in most other seasons would have gone up with their points total. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

yes I understand your point fine and well but disagree with it.

Didn't the players come out on Saturday and played well and deserve to win so Mowbray hardly give it up did he.

most football fans outside Blackburn Rovers wont remember it will there? maybe that was his point.

why people are angry about a side issue when the main issue was achieved just enjoy the rest of the season.

will he enjoy the Oxford game even if we don't win the title?  

You arent acknowledging my point still! The issue is not anything to do with Saturdays game! It has stemmed from his pre game interviews! 

That last comment shows you are on the wind up in my opinion. Im overjoyed as ive said previously about the season as a whole.

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why people are angry about a side issue when the main issue was achieved just enjoy the rest of the season

I don't think its anger, not on my part anyway more baffled as to why certain players were playing, who had no involvement in the previous 3-4 months and are not going to be involved in the future...

We could have and should have gone up as Champions (we still can) I know which medal I would have preferred ,and yes are main achievement was to get out of the division but anyone who as played the game would want that champions winning medal..Just my opinion ...

As someone who as played a lot of sports I will answer that as a sportsman .

If I had put everything in to my game and finishing second was the best I could achieve then I would accept second spot and promotion (in that season/year)..So finishing second would be the answer..

Archived